RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
sunlineboy

First Four payout - Ballarat Race 1

No SLB there's a whopping $122.76 carry forward into the 2nd. The first 4 pool only got to 375.

For those interested it paid $4747 on tab.com.au with 622 carry forward.

And Purcell told Mr Early he was 'overplaying' the situation when he said it's just going to increase leakage. LOL.

How about this strategy?

Withdraw the non commingled betting options instead of ripping your customers off.

There will be a big bunch out there that wont know that the commingling has ended or have trusted Mr Purcell, when he told them that the situation was being 'overplayed'.  $817 worth of them in this case.

No SLB there's a whopping $122.76 carry forward into the 2nd. The first 4 pool only got to 375.

For those interested it paid $4747 on tab.com.au with 622 carry forward.

And Purcell told Mr Early he was 'overplaying' the situation when he said it's just going to increase leakage. LOL.

Reilly - did Purcell really say that ???

Reilly - did Purcell really say that ???

Yeah he did, Peter asked about the dreaded 'leakage' due to punters chasing the big first 4 an quaddie pools and Purcell didn't seem phased at all about it and 100% told him he was overplaying the situation. That was after minutes of absolute dribble trying to explain why this fiasco has even happened, I certainly was none the wiser.

The TAB really needs to hire some experienced punters to advise them on important matters so that we don't end up with situations like this happening.  It is clear from a number of decisions that get made that the TAB really don't know what punters want and need.  

Yeah he did, Peter asked about the dreaded 'leakage' due to punters chasing the big first 4 an quaddie pools and Purcell didn't seem phased at all about it and 100% told him he was overplaying the situation. That was after minutes of absolute dribble trying to explain why this fiasco has even happened, I certainly was none the wiser.

Jesus wept....

what could possibly have more importance for  Purcell than sorting this out on time ?

I guess Midget might be thinking he knows what Purcell was trying to write down rather than nail this...

And for Purcell to then indicate it's no big deal while punters stop betting with the NZ TAB and start looking at opening accounts, - all the time while they are bleating about leakage - unbelievable.

My mate Big Al gives me a hard time about betting with the TAB instead of offshore. I tell him I do it as I race horses here etc etc etc. Today the elite services team sent me texts and emails about promotions etc.

And I am losing all faith and wondering what Aussie operator to go with...

It's not leakage.  How can they claim leakage on a product that isn't theirs?  They don't have an automatic right to our betting on Australian racing.

And Racing84, the Executive GM Strategy and Transformation must know what punters want.  That's what they pay her for.

The TAB really needs to hire some experienced punters to advise them on important matters so that we don't end up with situations like this happening.  It is clear from a number of decisions that get made that the TAB really don't know what punters want and need.  

You would think that would be sensible, even the British have finally realised that the punters are actually important.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jun/21/bha-nick-rust-punters-horseracing-bettors-forum

So what chance the NZRB would entertain something similar - oh that's right they don't need to as they have a bunch of "experts" (some of whom probably have never even placed a bet) on the "leakage" working group that are going to tell us all why we bet offshore and what the TAB should do to stop this happening....

How about this strategy?

Withdraw the non commingled betting options instead of ripping your customers off.

There will be a big bunch out there that wont know that the commingling has ended or have trusted Mr Purcell, when he told them that the situation was being 'overplayed'.  $817 worth of them in this case.

I agree - it's disgusting that the NZRB are happy to completely rip people off that are uninformed and don't understand that betting into these non-commingled pools is completely stupid.  Clearly anyone betting into these pools don't know they aren't commingled or doesn't understand the implications of this.  How's one of these poor punters going to feel when one strikes a first four with a couple of outsiders and it pays $100k+ in Aussie and they end up scooping the NZ pool of a few hundred dollars...

According to Barry Lichter's article today, wagering consultant Martin Saunders said 'some people might argue it was easier to win a quaddie with a $10,000 pool than one with lots more players betting into a $150,000 pool'.

Do they really think we are all as stupid as the punter that has invested his hard earned one dollar with the NZ TAB on the Mandurah Dogs Quaddie tonight?  So far they have made the current $1 pool all theirs.  This smart person (maybe it's Martin Saunders) must be thinking he has a greater chance of winning with the NZ TAB, as opposed to Tabcorp where there are more players and a current pool of  $1407.

Without commingling all they can do is reduce the number of exotics at these meetings and restrict to the 'better' races on their cards ( one maybe two)otherwise they will be pissing off even more mug punters oblivious to the meagre pools....this mob going backwards?

Ha ha. Yes, we have had a few heated moments about aussie bookies!

Fair enough, I do see your point wanting to support the tab which props up nz racing.

But to be honest, I can go weeks without betting on nz gallops, still have a bet on the trots with the tab, mainly on quads, which I cannot bet in aus with.

So each week most of my betting funds get spent at betfair and crownbet.

I find betfair offer great value, i love the fact that funds get paid straight away, i can bet after the start, live sports betting is never suspended , and withdrawals are easy and quick.

I take all of my sport multis with crownbet. They offer great promos each week, easy to withdraw. Also great to take less than 5% in quads etc.

So as you see, the tab is no longer my first choice.

Both crownbet and betfair i have contacted in the past, every time live chat has been great!

Many times i have tried to contact the tab, the buggers never got back to me.

I just cant see how the tab can get back regular customers like myself. I just think they have failed in every area.

Now as for you Chelseacol, I think the tab and nz racing are very lucky to have the support from people like you, but for me, they werejust to slow to dangle the carrot!

Just a quick question on withdrawing with Crownbet, when I spoke to them they told me I would have to pay $20 bank fee to withdraw money to a New Zealand account. Is there a way round this?

Just a quick question on withdrawing with Crownbet, when I spoke to them they told me I would have to pay $20 bank fee to withdraw money to a New Zealand account. Is there a way round this?

I asked the same question.  I withdrew money and they also charged me $20. Although with the exchange rate....I didn't notice it until I looked at bank statement.

They told me that at the moment they can not (or don't want to ) deposit straight back into a credit / eft pos card. They told me they are working on it.

I thought it was a bit harsh too.....but I must admit....they more than make up for it with their free / bonus bets.

Would be good if any other nz punters give advice on what aus sites are best to bet on big quads in aus.

Would be good if any other nz punters give advice on what aus sites are best to bet on big quads in aus.

My experience is that there generally there isn't much difference between any of the Australian bookies when it comes to betting on quaddies - they are all fine.  However, it's worth checking if any are running a promotion on the day you are betting - there are occasionally promotions where you get your money back if you miss one leg or they will pay out the best Aussie tote dividend for the quaddie so its obviously worth using the bookie offering these promotions if they are available.  I think Sportsbet also offer a 10% dividend bonus if you get a quaddie by just taking 1 selection in each leg so if that's how you bet they would be a good option...

I find betfair offer great value, i love the fact that funds get paid straight away, i can bet after the start, live sports betting is never suspended , and withdrawals are easy and quick.

I take all of my sport multis with crownbet. They offer great promos each week, easy to withdraw. Also great to take less than 5% in quads etc.

Both crownbet and betfair i have contacted in the past, every time live chat has been great!

I just cant see how the tab can get back regular customers like myself. I just think they have failed in every area.

Now as for you Chelseacol, I think the tab and nz racing are very lucky to have the support from people like you, but for me, they were just to slow to dangle the carrot!

great post kakama...

I have been loyal to the NZ TAB for over 30 years (at least punting $50 a week) until recently!

It doesn,t bother me now if I don,t have a bet, it has just become too predictable and boring, the

NZ racing product...(a few on-course race days a year, caters for my thirst )..

.don,t hold me to that...it,s in the blood... BUT Gamblers anonymous havn,t been responsible

for the changed attitude. I havn,t even received one of the measly $5 top up bet deals...

shocking marketing and better odds across the Tasman have dampened the enthusiasm.

How easy is it to set up with betfair and make withdrawals?(not a big sports punter or large enough

to justify the $20 crown bet withdrawal)

the NZ TAB and watch and bet package is an excellent package to watch and bet on...

apart from the fact the bookies fixed odds prices take far too long to appear and anything

with a chance (when they do appear) is at tiny prices which can easily be beaten over the ditch

oops I forgot to mention the odd freezing probs and flicking between trackside 1 and 2.

But in the absence of free to air TV racing...Beggars can,t be choosers! 

And now all that needs to be done, is to find out the email addresses of those that helped get the Mandurah Greyhound Quaddie pool up to $102 last night, and send them an email asking for $10,000 to be used for payment to an official at a Nigerian bank, who will then in turn release $50,000,000 to them within seven days.

Or maybe the TAB could develop a conscience and just refund these poor souls their money.

Ha ha. Yes, we have had a few heated moments about aussie bookies!

Fair enough, I do see your point wanting to support the tab which props up nz racing.

But to be honest, I can go weeks without betting on nz gallops, still have a bet on the trots with the tab, mainly on quads, which I cannot bet in aus with.

Now as for you Chelseacol, I think the tab and nz racing are very lucky to have the support from people like you, but for me, they werejust to slow to dangle the carrot!

Dead right Kakama - the TAB are making continued loyalty really hard.

I'm not big enough for them to notice if I walked, but I am big enough that they do look after me a bit with rebate scheme (although my turnover must have dropped recently I think !), odds on my horses when I can be bothered arranging it (I think betfair do it automatically if you own one??), hosting events etc - and to be fair a few of the elite services guys are top blokes and do a good job.

Might go to Ashburton and Addington tomorrow - then have a go at Pick 6 Saturday. After that I'm open to doing more through my betfair account and perhaps one of the Aussie totes as well....