RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Tauhei Notts

ASHBURTON Abandoned - Where was NZTR National Venues Inspector?

From the NZTR website.

Still no Stewards Report.

Absolutely unprofessionial.

A reasonable person, as many of us racefollowers and supporters are, would have expected the Stewards Report from Ashburton Races to have been posted online by now.

Still not there. Maybe taking legal advice?

From the NZTR website.

Still no Stewards Report.

Absolutely unprofessionial.

A reasonable person, as many of us racefollowers and supporters are, would have expected the Stewards Report from Ashburton Races to have been posted online by now.

All we get when we log on to the Results page is one race result.

Monday, 20 Oct 2014

https://www.nzracing.co.nz/RaceInfo/44062/Meeting-Overview.aspx

They will be ringing Walt Disney to ask what Mickey Mouse would say :)

This is a disgrace,,but watch again as no one will be at fault and yet they will fine a Dog Trainer for not wearing the correct coloured pants

It is overdue for OSH to be brought in as clearly they are not supplying a safe work environment and if the riders are correct,i would believe it would be prudent for the owner to ask for costs against NZTR. 

And the Stewards Report still isn't up.

It raises the question, Did those who do these reports get a DCM as in Don't Come Monday prior to today?

Just a thought.

Or did they go home early to, without pay?

will the Steward's Report include informations around the Sunday afternoon's irrigation?!

it was That application that saw the infidelity caused toDay!

Had best practice and ordinary envisionment been used, then That application wouldn't've been applied.

the Good 3 [morning drizzle] background from Saturday, plus that afternoon's 5mls of irrigation..then nature's Rain over SAT.night of 8mls, should've been let dry out from it's [my guestimate] Dead 5 early Sunday morning so that a tractible safe Dead 4~3 would've been Raceday's surface.

it is a Rule recently reratified and demanded, that No irrigation be applied in the 24hr lead-in to Raceday.,

..with the background above [context] that i've explained..AND that Rule., just how and why th'Hell was it irrigated Sunday afternoon..and Who exactly gave the command to do so..or was it the club's track managership [a Hui ] that decided this?!

here's the link to the report http://www.nzracing.co.nz/SystemTemplates/RaceInfo/StewardsReport.ashx?DayID=44062&FileName=Ashburton201014x2.pdf

..'closed shop' with the ball up the jumper as per's usual to the corporate society

Yes., there never had to be 'a Ground hog Day'.

5mls per day only makes the roots sit there with their tongues hangin' out for their next 5mls :o [instead of searching outwards and downwards]..[providing extra sub-sole., i.e., extra constitution to the sole'n'sod]

and for Tasman man., i spent the first 8yrs of my life on the best farm in Nelson o.K.!, and so again i'll comment "Thanks"

What farm was that that educates toddlers.....Cherry Farm or Animal Farm ???

"The distinguishing mark of man is the hand , the instrument with which he does all his mischief " George Orwell

Hedley ,I think you need to get out more .Thanks

I would like to know Who gave the go-ahead to race on a dangerous surface on both Saturday and Monday. Now, before you jump up and down and say 'they didn't know it was dangerous until after a race' - that is akin to saying 

'we didn't know that the 13th floor balcony without a safety rail was dangerous until someone nearly fell off' 

Can you imagine what it would be like for parents of both young apprentices and experienced jockeys to see their offspring being sent out to ride on tracks like Ashburton especially after the tragic events in Australia over the past week. 

One of those jockeys should go to OSH and ask them to investigate why ON 2 OCCASIONS they where given an unsafe work environment.

This appears the only way to get something done regarding the safety of horse and rider.This will be swept under the table and it must not be allowed to happen.I was there at Rangoria when the Stipe S Ching allowed the race meeting to go ahead and the very near death of Judy Lawson occurred.I remember Michael Walker saying that he would not ride,as he believe the track was unsafe and as it turned out he was right and they have never raced there since.Now S Ching was seen on Trackside inspecting the track the first day,he is no longer employed as a Steward,but now somehow he is a member of the JCA after his badly thought idea that the track was safe..

The co Chief Steward was also on duty yesterday and the decision to race reflects badly on him,as ultimately he would have.the deciding decision to race.

They always come up with the line that jockey safety is paramount and of course it is,but it is useless to follow that train of thought if they allow meeting to proceed with at the start.You would think that they would have gone down to Ashburton early and asked a

local trainer to gallop half a dozen horses around and then do an inspection and make a  correct decision as the meeting .

Our Industry appear to continue to employ personal that border on incompetent and do not have the required skills.I believe they must be taken to task over there inefficiencies to perform there employment to a required standard.If it was me in this situation,I would offer my resignation,as i would believe that i didn't do the job correctly and this may have lead to tragic circumstances.

The Stipendary Steward stated on the Friday that the Club and Curator were without blame and were the victims of circumstances. This statement was made on Trackside TV. The conclusion i have come to is, these boys are out of their depth. Very good at policing the nonsence offences, but when it comes to serious stuff such as being able to read a race, preparation of tracks, horsemanship, dogmanship, culture of racing and so forth, they are found wanting. Its really a case of the blind leading the blind. This mob they call the Racing Integrity Unit have lost any confidence i may have given them. It has become a serious waste of Industry funds where it seems we employ more and more Stipes to attend meetings where once there was only one.

Guest 2Admin2

The Stipendary Steward stated on the Friday that the Club and Curator were without blame and were the victims of circumstances. This statement was made on Trackside TV. The conclusion i have come to is, these boys are out of their depth. Very good at policing the nonsence offences, but when it comes to serious stuff such as being able to read a race, preparation of tracks, horsemanship, dogmanship, culture of racing and so forth, they are found wanting. Its really a case of the blind leading the blind. This mob they call the Racing Integrity Unit have lost any confidence i may have given them. It has become a serious waste of Industry funds where it seems we employ more and more Stipes to attend meetings where once there was only one.

Yes but they did do "pre-race" blood testing - not sure "pre-race" for what meeting!

there seems to be no will here to get to the bottom of the cause that saw the dangerous track presented for the crucial postponed Monday of ASHBURTON's 'big day' of the year.

the answer to whom ordered the ruination irrigation on Sunday afternoon...must have an embarrasing answer :o

by having no will for accountability from those that're meant to ensure debacles don't occur, is giving them 'license' to repeat the dose...and we've had repeated instances Of this phenomenon, and so it seems that no one cares that it'll be repeated again soon enough.

Next time there's an instance, i expect no one here to complain or seek remedy and or accountability, because nobody cares enough this time-in., we've just 'rolled over' again having been rogered up the integrity jacksey...and nobody gives a stuff.

Get over it hedley , God sent the wrong amount of rain , it was either to much or not enough .

Ohokamans comment on the Tim Mills topic (11) pretty much sums up the challenge ,did Riccarton miss the rain or not , when forecasting small amounts of rain there are no guarantees , it's in the lap of the gods .

Move on .

Guest 2Admin2

Get over it hedley , God sent the wrong amount of rain , it was either to much or not enough .

Ohokamans comment on the Tim Mills topic (11) pretty much sums up the challenge ,did Riccarton miss the rain or not , when forecasting small amounts of rain there are no guarantees , it's in the lap of the gods .

Move on .

Are you on the payroll for your constant spin Fasthorse? The facts that are emerging are the track was mismanaged, the performance of stewards, NZTR and RIU was below expectations on both days, and the NZTR Track Manager was absent while the CEO openly admits he didn't know what was going on. Presumably because he was getting over jet lag.

Move on .

what a pathetic attempt at spin and brown nosing :o

drizzle Sat pre the races, then 5mls irrigation that afternoon after the abandonment, then 8 mls from rain overnight., if the rules [24hr rule] and astute envisionment were adhered to..the track would've dried out to a kind and tractible Dead~4 for Monday...but someone ordered irrigation for SUNDAY AFTERNOON!!!!!!!!

you never deal in facts , just bullshit..and boy was that post in quotes above, full of some of your finest bull spin :D

the other channel is discussing the truth around this disgracefull issue...and the truth should be admitted by the collective parties involved, otherwise All their credibility and mana will be diminished irrepairabley.

there Will be another one of these instances...because the industry is just happy to've swept it under the carpet once again, to go with the particularly lumpy and rutted carpet surface the last decade or more by now!! . . .Gee there's more lumps under there than underfelt :o

what a pathetic attempt at spin and brown nosing :o

drizzle Sat pre the races, then 5mls irrigation that afternoon after the abandonment, then 8 mls from rain overnight., if the rules [24hr rule] and astute envisionment were adhered to..the track would've dried out to a kind and tractible Dead~4 for Monday...but someone ordered irrigation for SUNDAY AFTERNOON!!!!!!!!

you never deal in facts , just bullshit..and boy was that post in quotes above, full of some of your finest bull spin :D

The problem is Heds , we don't know if God was aware of the 24hr rule .

If those involved in this matter were sure God was aware of it ,  they may have made a different decision.

Sunday afternoon watering , just trying to anticipate God ?

Perhaps God had 6mils planned for 11.30am Monday morning , we don't know , do we , but if he/she did , the meeting was guaranteed to be abandoned .

Weather Maps / Forecasts..local knowledge in how to read the mountain range horizon's cloud formations and types...Just like commercial fisherman do., And astute track managers!

No chance of rain for Monday...and No chance that you take the context of facts into account., i shouldn't've even replied to your post., it's content of babble and romance disqualified it from being worthy of a reply., . . .jeeze i must be a cricket umpire with a penchant for millions of tons of pounding water through a small gap :ph34r:  :wub:

Weather Maps / Forecasts..local knowledge in how to read the mountain range horizon's cloud formations and types...Just like commercial fisherman do., And astute track managers!

No chance of rain for Monday...and No chance that you take the context of facts into account., i shouldn't've even replied to your post., it's content of babble and romance disqualified it from being worthy of a reply., . . .jeeze i must be a cricket umpire with a penchant for millions of tons of pounding water through a small gap :ph34r:  :wub:

Reminds me of a classic banner I once saw at the 'Basin' -

wanted ..cricket umpires

apply Huka Falls cricket club

the Track Manager has resigned..albeit that he gave notice before this meeting's debacle, being overuled on Sunday where others insisted irrigation inside the 24hr rule on top of what Saturday's 5mls irrigation and nature's 8mls had lain the perfect amount.

this overuling on Sunday produced a dangerous raceday situation, and still nobody's fessing up to whom was involved in overuling the track manager...who'd've been happy with what Saturday and it's night had served up.

Any thoughts by the track manager to 'stay on a bit' untill a new managership was in place, would've been well and truly soured and disqualified by the people who thought They knew best.

any journalists going to cover this debacle?

any official announcements going to be made by the RIU?...they were meant to be in charge! . . . Gary Foskert?, anyone at All?

..carpet's too full underneath to accomodate any more swept under issues., lumps everywhere!