chiknsmack

Days Between Runs

Can't boast anything like that but I had a pacer in 2010, Family Spirit, that won three in eleven days, Stratford Cup off 20metres, Palmerstonian Prelude then the Palmerstonian.  Trophy was a crystal decanter and glasses and I'm happy to relate than in the fourteen years since then there wouldn't be fourteen days those glasses haven't been used.

7 minutes ago, gubellini said:

arjay Silver Fountain won twice in one day at Greymouth on the 2/12/68. She won R3 over 7f by 3l and R8 over 6.5f by 3l carrying a 6lb rehandicap. GR Heaton rode her in both races for Blenheim owner-trainer JA Fowler.

By Fountainhead from memory. Ray Harris trained?

oops. Didn't see the owner trained bit gubes.

Black Lad won twice at the Taumaranui meeting at Waipa on the 27/7/57. He won R6 over 1m and R8 over 1.25m with a 5lb penalty. Rex Barron rode him both times for Matamata trainer AJ Martin. Danesway won twice at Waipa on the 19/6/65- R3 over 1m and R8 over 1.25m with a 5lb penalty ridden by John Humphries for Bill Sanders. Feel sorry for Balagmore trained at Matamata by AJ and Bob Martin. At Ellerslie on the 6/6/53 he fell in R1 the Tamaki Steeplechase ridden by Dan Loader. He then fell in R4 the Winter Steeplechase ridden by RA Muir. Dan Loader had the last laugh because he won that chase on Clifton trained by Bill Tims at Matamata by 50 lengths!

1 hour ago, gubellini said:

arjay Silver Fountain won twice in one day at Greymouth on the 2/12/68. She won R3 over 7f by 3l and R8 over 6.5f by 3l carrying a 6lb rehandicap. GR Heaton rode her in both races for Blenheim owner-trainer JA Fowler.

Would that be Ronnie Heaton by any chance?

2 hours ago, gubellini said:

Black Lad won twice at the Taumaranui meeting at Waipa on the 27/7/57. He won R6 over 1m and R8 over 1.25m with a 5lb penalty. Rex Barron rode him both times for Matamata trainer AJ Martin. Danesway won twice at Waipa on the 19/6/65- R3 over 1m and R8 over 1.25m with a 5lb penalty ridden by John Humphries for Bill Sanders. Feel sorry for Balagmore trained at Matamata by AJ and Bob Martin. At Ellerslie on the 6/6/53 he fell in R1 the Tamaki Steeplechase ridden by Dan Loader. He then fell in R4 the Winter Steeplechase ridden by RA Muir. Dan Loader had the last laugh because he won that chase on Clifton trained by Bill Tims at Matamata by 50 lengths!

My grandfather was an apprentice to Bob Martin. Jim and Stellar Martin were good friends of the family for many years after.

Leggy Jim Lalor trained Silver Fountain at 3 based at Reefton. From 4 on her owner JA Fowler trained her. Jim one 1 race with her- her 4th start at Kumara on the 13/1/68 over 5.5f ridden by DN Hadfield.

41 minutes ago, Catalano said:

I remember this guy well - 3 runs in a week, wins them all, carries more weight, and wins by a greater margin each time!

image.png.63b087c2c912b5a31571088ff6aac086.png

I remember as a school boy in the mid 70's another horse winning all 3 days of the winter meeting at Trentham , can't recall his name , by Red Lucifer ? 

Trained in the Wairarapa I think .

The Lionel Pratt trained mare Cloudy View at Oamaru on the 2/1/53 won R4 over 6f and R6 over 1m. The next day at Kurow she won R2 over 6f and R5 over 7f. She then raced at Kumara on the 10/1/53 and won R3 over 1m and R5 over 7f. All 6 times ridden by Bill Skelton. Amazing feat!