RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

Very Poor

Very poor attitude towards Invercargill on Trackside today I thought. Ellerslie running late all day, apart from the TAB cockup, and ran over the top of Invercargill every race. The worst one was the last at Ellerslie running 8 minutes late. Both fields were loaded and ready to jump at the same time so they took Ellerslie live and recorded Invercargill, despite the southern club running on time. Surely the late race should wait in the queue? And its not as if the Ellerslie race was more important, both the same class and virtually identical stakes.

It was hardly as if the massive crowd at Ellerslie overwhelmed them on course.

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

Very poor attitude towards Invercargill on Trackside today I thought. Ellerslie running late all day, apart from the TAB cockup, and ran over the top of Invercargill every race. The worst one was the last at Ellerslie running 8 minutes late. Both fields were loaded and ready to jump at the same time so they took Ellerslie live and recorded Invercargill, despite the southern club running on time. Surely the late race should wait in the queue? And its not as if the Ellerslie race was more important, both the same class and virtually identical stakes.

It was hardly as if the massive crowd at Ellerslie overwhelmed them on course.

I get what your saying WD but the interest level on SI racing is no where as strong as the north , was never going to be the one recorded . To be honest the way they program NZ races once Aus kicks in doesn't leave a lot of room for error .

I will admit I did ask myself why Ellerslie was so far behind start official time . But that is a NZ wide issue .

16 minutes ago, nomates said:

I get what your saying WD but the interest level on SI racing is no where as strong as the north , was never going to be the one recorded . To be honest the way they program NZ races once Aus kicks in doesn't leave a lot of room for error .

I will admit I did ask myself why Ellerslie was so far behind start official time . But that is a NZ wide issue .

I did think it strange that Ellerslie couldn't keep up and absolutely no explanation that I heard why they managed to be 8 minutes late. I suppose it will be in the stipes report eventually.

2 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I did think it strange that Ellerslie couldn't keep up and absolutely no explanation that I heard why they managed to be 8 minutes late. I suppose it will be in the stipes report eventually.

From the stipes report; Following Race 5 the programme was put back one race at the request of the TAB due to an issue with their betting systems. Amended start times became Race 6 – 4.03 pm, Race 7 – 4.38 pm, Race 8 – 5.12 pm.

12 minutes ago, MissJools said:

From the stipes report; Following Race 5 the programme was put back one race at the request of the TAB due to an issue with their betting systems. Amended start times became Race 6 – 4.03 pm, Race 7 – 4.38 pm, Race 8 – 5.12 pm.

But it was those revised times that Ellerslie could not keep up with. Completely different issue to the TAB enforced delay. 

Always makes me wonder why NZ gallops don't start loading until almost the advertised start time and generally start 3-4 minutes over time. I know most harness are mobiles but usually start scoring up 20 secs early and start within a few seconds of advertised time. Must be $$ related.

It's a big issue up here with the tv channels in general and they did some research showing the number of races jumping late increased markedly in 2023.

Until a couple of years ago, the gap between races on the daily programme in the betting shops was five minutes but in order to squeeze in more races, the gap has been cut to 2-3 minutes which is fine for most flat races but not much use for a 4800m chase which takes 6 minutes to run.

Races go off late for all sorts of reason but ITV, Racing UK and Sky Sports are all pusing the courses to have every runner in the paddock 10 minutes before the off and get them to the start, loaded and dispatched to time - again, fine with experienced handicappers but 2-y-o can be a real problem and there's again pressure for starters to be much less forgiving on those showing any reluctance to go in the stalls.

However, we do have BHA sponsored cross-course co-operation when meetings are abandoned - the times at other tracks are often adjusted to keep a regular flow in the shops rather than having a gap where the abandoned race would have been.  

On 2/18/2024 at 10:45 AM, Akcam said:

Maybe they delay the start in an attempt to get falling totalisator pools up?

Wheres the data related to investment after post  time Aka Daka?