RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pete Lane

Ellerslie track issues

4 hours ago, chiknsmack said:

I'm still not confident the Ellerslie surface is entirely fair, but there's no blatant bias I can point to yet either.

I don't know what McNab was supposed to do on Slipper Island. Maybe you can argue he should've gone under the leader; the head-on isn't available yet but from side on it looks like the leader didn't roll off the rail until the 300m, at which point Kingfisher had poked up under Slipper Island and so McNab couldn't go back to the inside. Ordinarily he could push the 1x1 horse out of the way late in the turn to go around the two leaders, but there was a 3-wide horse there too.

Wasn't just the poor decision makin chicks it was the lack of effort from the outset, this is Mike McNab . If it was a first year apprentice maybe , if he was riding for his life he wins, on what 'looked' a place certainty. ...and yes I started with the best chance all day 😆

Screenshot_20240303-184542_Chrome.jpg

19 hours ago, PeteL said:

I backed it and just thought it lacked finish. I didn't see any obvious bad riding.

Only my opinion.

Good to see it Petal 😀 Why did you back it may I ask?

You didn't see McNab being held up Pets? Momentum is quite important particularly when they've set up average time as you well know. Next time 🙄

3 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Good to see it Petal 😀 Why did you back it may I ask?

You didn't see McNab being held up Pets? Momentum is quite important particularly when they've set up average time as you well know. Next time 🙄

You haven't worked out who I am have you? You might find you suddenly can't post elsewhere if you start calling me stupid names.

Don't get condescending with me. I backed it on the basis of its latest trial. And I stand by my opinion that it showed very little in the home straight.

On 3/4/2024 at 3:05 PM, PeteL said:

You haven't worked out who I am have you? You might find you suddenly can't post elsewhere if you start calling me stupid names.

Don't get condescending with me. I backed it on the basis of its latest trial. And I stand by my opinion that it showed very little in the home straight.

Stupid names? Pete L looks like Petal to me and anyone involved in this Industry deserves respect, a ton of money to be spent no matter where you are placed. I lost plenty from that excellent trial but as a Pike horse I should of known better. If Assano was on i wouldnt of backed it. 

On 3/4/2024 at 3:05 PM, PeteL said:

Wouldnt  lose any sleep over it Petal,I've sold my soul to this game like yourself, if you have created a positive good on you but most havnt  including myself.So what?  ThIs life is short regardless of who you are, but some good times against the odds keep us coming back. The trial? It was very good, but McNab on race day was Shit. Robbed

On 3/2/2024 at 11:11 PM, Gruff said:

Did we see a fair racing surface today?  Looked 'racing striped' yet again and after watching McNab thoroughly butcher the well placed Slipper Island in Race 4 it added to the confusion. What did Pike tell him to do pre race? And did he tell Assano to avoid being handy ( surely not) while he got circled 4 wide at Cambridge over 970 on the biggest drifting warm fav in years? $2.5 to $8... Anyone would of thought it turned up with 3 legs 😆Worth asking questions surely, when it looks and smells like horseshit is it 🤔 or is piss poor decision making explained away that easily?

And you cannot just make shit up!!!!

Assano never rode Slipper Island at Cambridge. It was also only just beaten a Neck x Nose in that race so the inference that it had 3 legs is close to slander. 

Slipper Island backing up on Saturday. Drawn the ace again, it maps further back (I had it 3-back the fence last start when it trailled; I have it 4-back or maybe 3-back this week) off a hotter tempo with a worse jockey. Do we go again? (I'm guessing it's @Gruff's money that has brought it from $7 into $6 already, given he blames McNab for it missing a place last start).

13 minutes ago, chiknsmack said:

Slipper Island backing up on Saturday. Drawn the ace again, it maps further back (I had it 3-back the fence last start when it trailled; I have it 4-back or maybe 3-back this week) off a hotter tempo with a worse jockey. Do we go again? (I'm guessing it's @Gruff's money that has brought it from $7 into $6 already, given he blames McNab for it missing a place last start).

Interesting McNab is on the stablemate. Good fresh up record and close up in a hot trial.

Maybe Slipper Island isn't as good as some people seem to think. 

On 3/4/2024 at 3:05 PM, Pete Lane said:

You can have your opinion but not your own set of facts unfortunately  Petey, seems others disagree

Screenshot_20240307-074244_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, Gruff said:

You can have your opinion but not your own set of facts unfortunately  Petey, seems others disagree

Screenshot_20240307-074244_Chrome.jpg

You're more delusional than I thought if you place any credence in TAB formlines.

Do you reckon Weatherley will do any better with it Mr Geez Wayne?

23 hours ago, berzerk said:

And you cannot just make shit up!!!!

Assano never rode Slipper Island at Cambridge. It was also only just beaten a Neck x Nose in that race so the inference that it had 3 legs is close to slander. 

Never said he did Z ?  Was referring to another of Pikeys runners albeit changing tack very quickly...when do you ever see a race where a horse 3 out pulls out on pace over 1000m or less and gets circled by the one behind it. ? We all make mistakes but that was a little Bobby dazzler 😆 

8 minutes ago, Pete Lane said:

You're more delusional than I thought if you place any credence in TAB formlines.

Do you reckon Weatherley will do any better with it Mr Geez Wayne?

No doubt Petey but prefer to see them perform closer to the trial they were selected from. Delusional?  So now the formguide person is wrong as well, you better entertain the reality that your have made an error of judgement, we all make them at times you know 🤣

18 minutes ago, Gruff said:

No doubt Petey but prefer to see them perform closer to the trial they were selected from. Delusional?  So now the formguide person is wrong as well, you better entertain the reality that your have made an error of judgement, we all make them at times you know 🤣

We'll see. 

19 minutes ago, Gruff said:

You're cruising close to a ban on the other channel FYI.

On 3/4/2024 at 3:05 PM, Pete Lane said:

I asked a question related to a runner that was described later  as unlucky from a Stipes report and was banned  , after tipping Pulritchudulous, Persiflage and Rumeur .... Slipper had a perfect trip '2nd' up and ran 6 lengths slower than fresh after a solid 2nd  trial against Master Fay....i have out tipped everyone on Race Place in a week and was banned from their punters club after investing the total amount on day one. What's going on?

On 3/9/2024 at 6:33 PM, nomates said:

I would have said FOS .

On 3/9/2024 at 5:16 PM, Pete Lane said:

Well I think that puts that argument to bed.

What argument?. Let's crunch data. 🤣