crustyngrizzly

jock on comeback???

3 hours ago, THE TORCH said:

Good on her. She wont take any crap - time away from the game will give her a fresh perspective. Nice to see someone standing up to those that think they're too good for everyone else. So what do they do when it flies back in their face? Have a wee cry to the stipes. Please.

Not sure what you are getting at here, but the Stipes charged her for foul language in the weighing room. It's not a good look when someone is losing their rag and only just started on the comeback trail. 

On 12/4/2023 at 4:39 PM, Tim Carter said:

Not sure what you are getting at here, but the Stipes charged her for foul language in the weighing room. It's not a good look when someone is losing their rag and only just started on the comeback trail. 

Id say what she said is incredibly minor compared to what he's been getting up to. You cant be that deaf and blind if I'm hearing things way down here 😐

Kelly has another 6 rides at Pukekohe on Saturday:

Race 2: #12 Sandoku

Race 3: #3 Tommy Perfect

Race 5: #9 La Ruche

Race 7: #11 Danzino

Race 8: #10 Bella Luce

Race 9: #11 Burgundy Iff

Might mean she is just going to start with riding 1 day a week that being Saturday's to begin with, makes sense, higher stakes, usually a meeting closer to home so less travel and get's to be closer to family and Saturday is the biggest day we struggle for jockey depth in this country as there is always 2 meetings on. 

Riding for a variety of trainers and at 54.5kg so can ride them on lighter weights which is even more crucial. 

I know it's not about Kelly but I noticed on Sunday Ulrika Holmquist has got 2 rides at Rotorua. This is after successfully spending a few years riding in Sweeden. Does anyone know something about her? Is she back for good or just back for a brief time?

1 hour ago, Zak Hussai said:

I know it's not about Kelly but I noticed on Sunday Ulrika Holmquist has got 2 rides at Rotorua. This is after successfully spending a few years riding in Sweeden. Does anyone know something about her? Is she back for good or just back for a brief time?

Staying until April and can ride at 52kg

Agent is Ted MCLAUGHLIN (MITE HAVE SPELT THAT WRONG)

On 11/29/2023 at 4:20 PM, Mr Spyro said:

Not when  Collin Jillings had his money on .  Remember him giving one jockey  a huge tongue lashing and he'd just won the race

Was it on a par with Bruce Marsh giving his apprentice the bollocking of his and her life one day at Otaki. I'm sure Rachael wont have forgotten it

9 hours ago, Zak Hussai said:

Ulrika Holmquist has got 2 rides at Rotorua. This is after successfully spending a few years riding in sweden.

There is a subject in itself, how much does anyone know about racing in Sweden Norway and Finland ?

3 minutes ago, mikenz said:

There is a subject in itself, how much does anyone know about racing in Sweden Norway and Finland ?

Well to the best of my knowledge they don’t use whips in Sweden in thoroughbred racing. Probably also trotting which is world class. 
Sweden isn’t such a backwater in the horse world one could say!
Don’t know about Norway and even less about Finland. 
I’ve been to all three, but not racing. 
One of the worlds best breeders Kirsten Rawlings hails from Sweden although based in England. 
Didn’t Bob Vance’s wife, also mother of Mya come from Sweden?

P.S. Apologies for any and all spelling mistakes. 

Liz

If you google  swedishhorseracing.com it will take you to a betting site that has replays, of harness and gallops, it's mostly harness, 3 meetings every day but they have a galloping track, Bro Park, check some of that out, interesting to see how others live.

Finland I believe has no Gallops.

Norway it seems has only  one galloping track

Strange as it is was doing a lot of googling just last night.

Such harsh climate but they keep going.

10 minutes ago, Insider said:

P.S. Apologies for any and all spelling mistakes. 

Liz

No need to apologise Insider--unless you reside in a generation which was at school prior to our apocalyptic education standards.

P.S. I've done a quick check and I think you are in the clear.

6 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

No need to apologise Insider--unless you reside in a generation which was at school prior to our apocalyptic education standards.

P.S. I've done a quick check and I think you are in the clear.

Some of the spelling on social media is actually appalling but some do use text spelling lingo.

I saw someone spell cousin as cuzn, made me laugh.

Only thing I hate is that predictive text that sometimes prints out what it wants to print and you send it without noticing.

On 12/7/2023 at 7:20 PM, mikenz said:

Nzs Pride of petite and Lyell creek campaigned there, very good trotters

On 12/7/2023 at 9:46 AM, THE TORCH said:

Id say what she said is incredibly minor compared to what he's been getting up to. You cant be that deaf and blind if I'm hearing things way down here 😐

What are you hearing Torchmeister ??

I'm incredibly intrigued now as he is a jockey I follow