Join Pondy's Fantasy Football League...Details In The Thread Below
Pete Lane

RaceCafe Tips Thread Updated Daily

6 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Best rider in the race….ain’t hindsight a wonderful thing…..:rolleyes:

First to note that Hokes, but didn't realise Sam Omalley was that bad. You can only back the best horse Surely?  The Horse taken on from the outset Con artist was nearer the fence in the previous race , Omalley had one ride...what was he thinking?   

If as a punter you need to factor in 'other variables ' how far does that thought process need to go 🤔 The best horse in that race was under O Malley so we move on and see how these Horses progress.  Lotto might be a better way to spend the punting dollar 🤣

1 hour ago, Gruff said:

First to note that Hokes, but didn't realise Sam Omalley was that bad. You can only back the best horse Surely?  The Horse taken on from the outset Con artist was nearer the fence in the previous race , Omalley had one ride...what was he thinking?   

Portia Matthews ? :rolleyes:

Three I’ve been following all front on Saturday.

M4 R6 Benefactor -  needs the mile and quick back up from last week $11

M14 R7 Chica Mojito - ex Kiwi, couple of nice runs behind Konasana and Kintyre, scratched last week  $18/4

M12 R10 Fashion Shoot - up to 1400m should suit,  3kg allowance and blinkers. $17/4

Get on…:rcfe-like:

7 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Three I’ve been following all front on Saturday.

M4 R6 Benefactor -  needs the mile and quick back up from last week $11

M14 R7 Chica Mojito - ex Kiwi, couple of nice runs behind Konasana and Kintyre, scratched last week  $18/4

M12 R10 Fashion Shoot - up to 1400m should suit,  3kg allowance and blinkers. $17/4

Get on…:rcfe-like:

$15 place multi for $800...worth a go😃

On 5/23/2024 at 9:41 PM, Gruff said:

$15 place multi for $800...worth a go😃

Sorry Gruff, worst weekend for a while…

Benefactor needs soft ground rather than the heavy stuff, and less weight. Will win one soon.

The other two were very ordinary though won’t give up on them just yet.

11 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Sorry Gruff, worst weekend for a while…

Benefactor needs soft ground rather than the heavy stuff, and less weight. Will win one soon.

The other two were very ordinary though won’t give up on them just yet.

Dont apologise! I regularly have a spec at yr tips....usually return a profit. 

Couple of early specs this week…

M2 R2 Cash Treasure - $9.00/2.00 

Stablemates will be hard to beat but taking a punt at odds. Last run was good and a bit unlucky.

Thought she needed 1600m and blinkers and hey presto, gets both this week. Drops 4kg from last start with allowance.

M14 R5 El Morzillo $6.00 / 2.00 

Followed up excellent run behind Eneeza at Randwick with fast finishing second last start. 1400m should suit and Williams sticks.

First starter in the 2nd at New Plymouth tomorrow , Indian Gold , no exposed form , by Ocean Park out of Chapinta who won 6 all on heavy , already left Island hop and Chapinteel who looks a bit special . Sharrock can be crafty at his home track , opened at 6s , which I took and now into 4.4 . Tristran Moodley up and he's in great form at the moment .

Just went on NZTR and a story with AS talking about his team , mentioned 4 or 5 but nothing about the above horse , I smell a rat . Mentioned Librarsi who I thought would have a better record than she has but fresh up from the inside gate could be another worth watching .

3 hours ago, nomates said:

First starter in the 2nd at New Plymouth tomorrow , Indian Gold , no exposed form , by Ocean Park out of Chapinta who won 6 all on heavy , already left Island hop and Chapinteel who looks a bit special . Sharrock can be crafty at his home track , opened at 6s , which I took and now into 4.4 . Tristran Moodley up and he's in great form at the moment .

Just went on NZTR and a story with AS talking about his team , mentioned 4 or 5 but nothing about the above horse , I smell a rat . Mentioned Librarsi who I thought would have a better record than she has but fresh up from the inside gate could be another worth watching .

Bloody Moodley went to the fence on Cash Treasure, had no hope there. Next race comes down the middle and bolts in……:rolleyes:

6 hours ago, nomates said:

Multiple stable runners in a few races always a minefield NM.

58 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Multiple stable runners in a few races always a minefield NM.

I've backed many first up AS winners at NP , often with no exposed trial or race form , lots of them at very good odds .They have a lot of jumpouts at NP so the horses are usually well educated .

On 3/14/2024 at 9:29 PM, Pak Star said:

Warren Kennedy very soft suspension today.  Lord knows why a rider would use the whip 9 times prior to the 100m in a R65 at Ashburton.  They weren't exactly light taps either.

Anyhow he currently sits 9 in front of Mcnab on the premiership but now has to sit out a week - laws of averages would have Mcnab get 3-4 in that time. 

Do we dare say Mcnab at $3 to win the premiership is decent value?  Remember he is a machine on the Cambridge Synthetic come winter time..

This is about to turn into a great contest to finish the season

This weeks contribution to Entain……:rolleyes:

M12 R2 Puketiro - giving her another chance, 61kg a worry but Stackhouse a plus and blinkers off. $18/5 worth the punt.

M4 R6 Benefactor - ditto here. Up to 2100m and better weight 55.5kg. $18 Boosted.

M14 R8 Ahuriri - impressed with her lately but in tough race here. Surprised she is only $5.50.

M12 R7 Wallenda - real throw at the stumps here, should be fitter second up.

Beat The Black Cloud and Stefi Magnetica back in Feb. $31/8

M12 R9 Legio Ten - 2/4 second up, won at track, Stackhouse on $5

Pioneer River for the adventurous, 3/7 on track has placed behind Benedetta and Chain of Lightning $13/3 and Disneck $15/4.

23 hours ago, nomates said:

I hope a few got on , paid 3.2 in the end , great ride by Moodley , AS having a field day .

Has another in the same basket in the 5th , Tisse , grand dam was Our Sophia , very good family , going out in the market .

1 hour ago, nomates said:

I hope a few got on , paid 3.2 in the end , great ride by Moodley , AS having a field day .

Has another in the same basket in the 5th , Tisse , grand dam was Our Sophia , very good family , going out in the market .

I was on Tisse too.  Nice finds today team. 

Moodley and Sharrock having a day.  Pretty sure Hazel Shofer and Sharrock did something similar in Hawera a few years back too.  

43 minutes ago, Pak Star said:

I was on Tisse too.  Nice finds today team. 

Moodley and Sharrock having a day.  Pretty sure Hazel Shofer and Sharrock did something similar in Hawera a few years back too.  

https://loveracing.nz/RaceInfo/49529/Meeting-Overview.aspx

This was the day here Pak. What a great apprentice she was too, if it wasn't for her weight issues I think she could have been anything. 

The multi on her winners was $4,684.88 for a $1 outlay, not a bad day's work. 

Moodley has 2 more chances to get to 6 or even 7. 

Credit for mine has to go to Daniel Nakhle. We've got Kennedy who is in a fight to win a jockey's premiership. Rode 7 at Puke on New Years Day and has this amazing thing to keep horses going, D Cooper has came into his own in the South and now Moodley is one of the form apprentices over recent weeks/months.

Another worth considering on Saturday…

M12 R8 Cawdor - nice trial before first up effort last week when well backed. Best on soft ground which he gets this time.

Could improve dramatically second up @ $14/4.

On 6/6/2024 at 6:50 PM, Ohokaman said:

Another worth considering on Saturday…

M12 R8 Cawdor - nice trial before first up effort last week when well backed. Best on soft ground which he gets this time.

Could improve dramatically second up @ $14/4.

Didn’t. Track drying out probably didn’t help but disappointing anyway.

On 6/6/2024 at 11:03 AM, Ohokaman said:

This weeks contribution to Entain……:rolleyes:

M12 R2 Puketiro - giving her another chance, 61kg a worry but Stackhouse a plus and blinkers off. $18/5 worth the punt.

M4 R6 Benefactor - ditto here. Up to 2100m and better weight 55.5kg. $18 Boosted.

M14 R8 Ahuriri - impressed with her lately but in tough race here. Surprised she is only $5.50.

M12 R7 Wallenda - real throw at the stumps here, should be fitter second up.

Beat The Black Cloud and Stefi Magnetica back in Feb. $31/8

M12 R9 Legio Ten - 2/4 second up, won at track, Stackhouse on $5

Pioneer River for the adventurous, 3/7 on track has placed behind Benedetta and Chain of Lightning $13/3 and Disneck $15/4.

What you might call a bloody awful day……🙈

Not sure what Stackhouse and Dell were doing being up on speed, in the lead……that is not how to ride these two.

Puketiro is much better than that but clearly 61kg is too much for her. Wait for a weight drop and a smarter rider…Mick Dee.

Ahuriri never in that slowly run race, could be over the top like many others. Might have known Maher would pull off another one…:rolleyes:

Same stable had Wallenda running well for 5th at any old money, then ruined the day by stablemate beating Pioneer River by a lip in the last at $21…

On to Monday….

We have a small share in Until Valhalla in R4 at Canterbury. J Mac riding. More hopeful than confident on heavy track.

Ex Kiwi Valley King looks a good bet in R4 at Mornington so hope to recoup some there at $4.50.

Big run from last at Caulfield. Wet track will suit and drop in grade from 84 to 78 a plus. Billy Egan on a Payne runner….🤑