RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JayTee2016

Thoughts on M.M market?

Craig,

If you need me to explain why HFIM's MM victory yesterday was so impressive then it would certainly explain a few things about Craig Kennett.

Sorted that drinking problem out yet Craig? On tonight's evidence the answer would clearly be no :) 

How Lonely is Waimate these days? Is there anyone in the town you haven't had conflict with and either threatened to beat up or take to court? How many businesses in Queen Street Waimate have you been banned from? 

Dickhead call me Craig and I'll call you dickhead and we'll see who gets sick of it first.

Lets see now. Sits one out and two back. Gets the drag up into the straight by the one one horse and nabs it on the line even if he threw in a roughie which cost him half a length. Goes 1.47.5 on the fastest track in the southern hemisphere after following all the way. The leader set the pace he just followed. Very average horses run 1.51 on the track.

It's all hype that's all. He just won the race. Nothing special at all. Did he run them into the dirt like the greats did in the past? Did he come from last like Young Quinn and Locarno did on a 700m track?

Was Adore Me there? What about Christen Me?   There were only 4 or 5 good horses in the race. Not a whole field of champions like the past.

Do I have to go on?

Okay dickhead?

If it was just an average time and nothing special how come no horse in Australasia has ever run faster. And how come it was a full second faster than any horse had run. And how come Lenny who had the 1/1 or A O Angel who led  with no pressure  or Btide who  had the prime parked position did not win.  They were all in front of HFIM  and there fore didnt have to run as fast so one of them should have won.....surely.

10 hours ago, JOHNRYAN said:

Dickhead call me Craig and I'll call you dickhead and we'll see who gets sick of it first.

Lets see now. Sits one out and two back. Gets the drag up into the straight by the one one horse and nabs it on the line even if he threw in a roughie which cost him half a length. Goes 1.47.5 on the fastest track in the southern hemisphere after following all the way. The leader set the pace he just followed. Very average horses run 1.51 on the track.

It's all hype that's all. He just won the race. Nothing special at all. Did he run them into the dirt like the greats did in the past? Did he come from last like Young Quinn and Locarno did on a 700m track?

Was Adore Me there? What about Christen Me?   There were only 4 or 5 good horses in the race. Not a whole field of champions like the past.

Do I have to go on?

Okay dickhead?

I've never seen such a venomous and complete ignorant posting.

You have made it quite clear that you know very little about harness racing.

As a total neutral here I can see some fault on each side. Some are talking this up as the greatest MM winner ever, which clearly it isn't. Others are keen to rubbish it altogether, which seems totally bizarre.

He's just won the MM in an impressive performance, what more can any horse do? Don't try to overthink these things. Just enjoy the racing.

Must admit, I am sort of eating humble pie here!

bRodster doesn't do that too often, but just maybe HFIM is far better than I thought.

Not the greatest Miracle Mile field and he did have a pretty good run, but he did run time and beat some pretty good horses.

He is a very very good horse but still green.

Wouldnt consider him a champion yet but who knows???

JRyan pal you cannot tell me you think The Faith's performance was a yawn, you are clearly taking the mickey (ah quit smokin the drapes it'll wreck your health).......and yes Mount Eden's performance was mighty on the day granted, you'll get no argument there, but on his day Have Faith In Me's performance was mighty too, he made up a whole helluva lot of ground (skipped a beat or two on the way oh shucks) on a horse that was out front and truckin! bigtime! come on now.........    :rolleyes:

Brodie, yep he is green, however he is only 4 and clearly a goof but what a talent? can't wait to see him at 5.......

Cheers Iraklis

25 minutes ago, Brodie said:

bRodster doesn't do that too often, but just maybe HFIM is far better than I thought.

Not the greatest Miracle Mile field and he did have a pretty good run, but he did run time and beat some pretty good horses.

At least you're man enough to eat it Brodie.

I can honestly say I can't recall any past NZ great who could have done what HFIM did on Sunday. With the possible exception of Adore Me. 

I'm not sure Beautide is 100%. He finished so far down the track he must have an issue?  Lennytheshark is a different ballgame. He had a nice run on Beautide's back and looked to have HFIM and others done cold turning for home. Lenny has been near unbeatable this season when it most counts and HFIM still has things to learn about pacing correctly. Despite that he as a four year old got the job done in a blistering time. All the top liners I can recall were at their best as five and six year olds. If HFIM improves as the all stars anticipate the world is his oyster. 

Is he a champion? If not then I don't know what he has to do to be one. Perhaps we should wait till after his five year old season so we are all unanimous and don't go the early crow. One thing for sure he is the most exciting horse on either side of the Tasman at this time. Followed by Our Dream About Me,Lazarus and Our Waikiki Beach. 

How good are they all stars? They just keep rewriting the record books. I must confess. I'm in awe.

On a personal note. I was pleased to see the affection between Mark and Natalie after the MM win. I read a few months ago they were no longer a couple. If they are just very good friends then much respect to both of them. I hope they are a couple as that just adds to the success of their entire operation. 

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

If you consider what he has achieved as a "green "4yr old I would put him in the Champion brkt at this moment in time.

The Auckland Cup,Chariots of Fire,MM in Australasian record winning time. Good enough for me.

I saw Mnt Eden  at Hutt Park, pig rooted most of the time. Got close to Cardigan Bays NZ record of 1-56 and change and yeah very good  good horse ,when he decided to run .But like most freaks of his nature aka  , Final Decision, Lord Module they had major chinks in their armour although to be fair to LM his quarter cracks probably contributed to his waywardness.

It gives us some inclination to HFIM,s potential when the connections bypass all the spoils up for grabs to rest him for his 5yr old year.

Its a great pity that some poster on here still cant see the wood for the trees .

And please JR don't compare eras. It is pointless ,trivial,and shows a certain level of ignorance.

2 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

If you consider what he has achieved as a "green "4yr old I would put him in the Champion brkt at this moment in time.

The Auckland Cup,Chariots of Fire,MM in Australasian record winning time. Good enough for me.

I saw Mnt Eden  at Hutt Park, pig rooted most of the time. Got close to Cardigan Bays NZ record of 1-56 and change and yeah very good  good horse ,when he decided to run .But like most freaks of his nature aka  , Final Decision, Lord Module they had major chinks in their armour although to be fair to LM his quarter cracks probably contributed to his waywardness.

It gives us some inclination to HFIM,s potential when the connections bypass all the spoils up for grabs to rest him for his 5yr old year.

Its a great pity that some poster on here still cant see the wood for the trees .

And please JR don't compare eras. It is pointless ,trivial,and shows a certain level of ignorance.

I admit HFIM is the best horse in Australasia racing at the moment.

Whether he would beat Adore Me and Christen Me with the same run if they were still racing and at their best is still debatable.

All you can do is beat the ones currently racing to be fair though.

Would prefer that these more or less unbeatable horses that Purdon trains were being trained  by others to share the spoils around abit.

Still not too sure how these horses can sit parked and still bolt in defies total logic.

9 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Would prefer that these more or less unbeatable horses that Purdon trains were being trained  by others to share the spoils around abit.

Tall poppy syndrome at its finest. What a ridiculous statement. This is complete and utter domination, don't begrudge them for it, enjoy it because you may not see it again in your life! It's a beautiful thing, and if they are 100% clean then the guy is an absolute freak. His reputation will ALWAYS be tarnished with the blue magic scandal but you live and you learn. Keep it up All Stars, I for one love watching your superior horses go around and seeing your colours dominate here and in Australia. 

Simply The Best!

17 minutes ago, GONSTA said:

Tall poppy syndrome at its finest. What a ridiculous statement. This is complete and utter domination, don't begrudge them for it, enjoy it because you may not see it again in your life! It's a beautiful thing, and if they are 100% clean then the guy is an absolute freak. His reputation will ALWAYS be tarnished with the blue magic scandal but you live and you learn. Keep it up All Stars, I for one love watching your superior horses go around and seeing your colours dominate here and in Australia. 

Simply The Best!

Totally agree Gonsta - love seeing the Purdon domination and his powerhouse horses.

Everyone loves a champion (except Brodie) and the Mark Purdons, Joao Morieras and Lydia Kos of this world should be celebrated.

Brodie - do you think we should settle for mediocrity when you say - share it around?

7 minutes ago, Spikecity said:

Totally agree Gonsta - love seeing the Purdon domination and his powerhouse horses.

Everyone loves a champion (except Brodie) and the Mark Purdons, Joao Morieras and Lydia Kos of this world should be celebrated.

Brodie - do you think we should settle for mediocrity when you say - share it around?

Spike, agree to disagree.

I have said it many times that I don't think it is at all great for harness racing in NZ when one stable is so dominant.

Not tall poppy syndrome at all as it doesn't affect me at all really that AllStars dominate so much, it is more the other trainers and owners who are battling.

If owners are not getting paid out in stakes why bother?

Many people I speak to also don't beleive that the domination is great for the industry but you obviously just enjoy them winning everything and that is your right to your opinion.  No problem.

Please explain to me why they are so much ahead of everyone else.

I have had some explanations but I will not repeat on this site.

I know many will have a go at me and your prerogative, I've got a thick skin.

Brodie geezuz, can you not just enjoy the spectacle that Allstars provides, they work hard, get the right product (horseflesh) to put forward a racin product that can be enjoyed by all, by all! don't make a fool of yourself by makin silly insinuations that you have alluded to in your post, cos if you knew for sure then whats stoppin you from posting it here? this last post of yours really smacks of Tall Poppy bullsh!t (even though you say earlier it's not) leave off will yuh there's no room for that here...........

Just celebrate we have a great product here and AllStars are happily makin the most of it, bless them I say winners are grinners mate!

Cheers Iraklis

PS. When you post sh!te like you did you have to expect someone to 'have a go at you'

1 hour ago, Iraklis said:

Brodie geezuz, can you not just enjoy the spectacle that Allstars provides, they work hard, get the right product (horseflesh) to put forward a racin product that can be enjoyed by all, by all! don't make a fool of yourself by makin silly insinuations that you have alluded to in your post, cos if you knew for sure then whats stoppin you from posting it here? this last post of yours really smacks of Tall Poppy bullsh!t (even though you say earlier it's not) leave off will yuh there's no room for that here...........

Just celebrate we have a great product here and AllStars are happily makin the most of it, bless them I say winners are grinners mate!

Cheers Iraklis

PS. When you post sh!te like you did you have to expect someone to 'have a go at you'

Don't mind you having a go at me, as I would expect it.

There are many harness lovers who worship Mark Purdon and that is fine, and they will always.

Not prepared to post anything on here that is libellous and why would I?

Keep up the good work!

Brodie how can it be libellous if explanations you have are true? and not merely jealous gossip! and if true why not post it here? c'mon, back yourself so to speak in your earlier insinuations.......methinks a little less time gossiping, more time celebrating the great racin we're gettin to witness aye

Oh yeah, and if anyone needs worship from All Stars (sorry Mark) it's the honorary Kiwi 'Natalie Rasmussen' (cheez that's not libellous is it?) power to her I say, she had a bloody big day on Sunday boy did she step up or what?  :D

Cheers Iraklis

1 hour ago, Iraklis said:

Brodie how can it be libellous if explanations you have are true? and not merely jealous gossip! and if true why not post it here? c'mon, back yourself so to speak in your earlier insinuations.......methinks a little less time gossiping, more time celebrating the great racin we're gettin to witness aye

Oh yeah, and if anyone needs worship from All Stars (sorry Mark) it's the honorary Kiwi 'Natalie Rasmussen' (cheez that's not libellous is it?) power to her I say, she had a bloody big day on Sunday boy did she step up or what?  :D

Cheers Iraklis

Obviously jealous gossip I would say.

No one has ever cheated and been caught in harness or gallops before have they?

Everyone is clearly squeaky clean!

31 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Obviously jealous gossip I would say.

No one has ever cheated and been caught in harness or gallops before have they?

Everyone is clearly squeaky clean!

Now your just sounding like a dickhead Brodie, can you tell me a sport that IS clean? Just one sport... 

2 minutes ago, GONSTA said:

Now your just sounding like a dickhead Brodie, can you tell me a sport that IS clean? Just one sport... 

Harness racing obviously Gonsta!

I'm sure there are others. Croquet, darts, curling etc.

I enjoyed the miracle mile, great race .   Fully understand and agree with Brodie on his thoughts.  I've no doubt we are in the majority as well. Calling us tall poppies just a way of putting down our thoughts without looking at the reasons why we think that.  I'm not stupid.     Having said that,still admire the all stars on many fronts,just not all.   Personally  when I watched deam about me win the 2yo jewels last year I thought the horse could have won the nz cup had it been run that day.  

39 minutes ago, what a post said:

Gonsta,  It appears you  are saying racing is not "clean" as  you put it but that is acceptable because its part of all sports.   If so why criticize if you agree with Brodie. Strange logic.

It's a fact of life, when money is involved there will always be people willing to break the rules. There are certain trainers that rely solely on chemicals, I'm sure you can think of a few particular trainers in NZ that dominated 5-10 years ago and struggle to get a winner these days. This doesn't mean I 'agree with brodie' as you put it. 

This domination hasn't been an overnight thing, we are witnessing a freak of a trainer that has set a standard far greater than I have ever witnessed following harness racing. Drugs in sports is one of the things that interests me greatly, and I'm not seeing many obvious signs that the Purdon team is dirty. If he had something to hide I'm pretty sure he would try not be so dominant! His horses are bloody consistent, I Can Doosit, Auckland Reactor, Adore Me, HFIM, Smolda, + his freakish current 3yo crop, always run great races, wherever they are running including Aus where they have security guards for 24 hours before certain big races. Multiple horses in different islands / states and still all run consistently. The amount of staff and helpers he must have, a few of them would be like Lil Brodster and would love to get any dirty info on him because they're jealous of his success, yet you never hear a whisper about him. The Aussie stewards, now we all know they wouldn't enjoy a NZ trainer dominating feature races in Melb/Syd/Bris and would have frozen swabs from years ago to retest and once again squeaky clean. Then you have the other trainers in NZ and Auswho would be the first to snitch if they knew anything dodgy was going on, yet again you don't hear a peep. Then you take a look at the big picture of all these things, the consistency shown for years and years on end, and right thru his superstars careers. You don't see them improve 15 lengths for a G1 and then never win a race again unlike a few others. 

Aren't champion horses / trainers / sports athletes / sports teams why we love and enjoy watching them? The memories they give you, the goosebumps when you re watch it 5 years later and can remember where you were. If you need to resort to posting aspersions on a public forum about an individual just because they are the best then why the hell would you follow that particular sport? Must have a pretty sad life IMO.  Especially when he always claims it's easy to make money on and far more consistent than the other 2 racing codes. 

37 minutes ago, GONSTA said:

It's a fact of life, when money is involved there will always be people willing to break the rules. There are certain trainers that rely solely on chemicals, I'm sure you can think of a few particular trainers in NZ that dominated 5-10 years ago and struggle to get a winner these days. This doesn't mean I 'agree with brodie' as you put it. 

This domination hasn't been an overnight thing, we are witnessing a freak of a trainer that has set a standard far greater than I have ever witnessed following harness racing. Drugs in sports is one of the things that interests me greatly, and I'm not seeing many obvious signs that the Purdon team is dirty. If he had something to hide I'm pretty sure he would try not be so dominant! His horses are bloody consistent, I Can Doosit, Auckland Reactor, Adore Me, HFIM, Smolda, + his freakish current 3yo crop, always run great races, wherever they are running including Aus where they have security guards for 24 hours before certain big races. Multiple horses in different islands / states and still all run consistently. The amount of staff and helpers he must have, a few of them would be like Lil Brodster and would love to get any dirty info on him because they're jealous of his success, yet you never hear a whisper about him. The Aussie stewards, now we all know they wouldn't enjoy a NZ trainer dominating feature races in Melb/Syd/Bris and would have frozen swabs from years ago to retest and once again squeaky clean. Then you have the other trainers in NZ and Auswho would be the first to snitch if they knew anything dodgy was going on, yet again you don't hear a peep. Then you take a look at the big picture of all these things, the consistency shown for years and years on end, and right thru his superstars careers. You don't see them improve 15 lengths for a G1 and then never win a race again unlike a few others. 

Aren't champion horses / trainers / sports athletes / sports teams why we love and enjoy watching them? The memories they give you, the goosebumps when you re watch it 5 years later and can remember where you were. If you need to resort to posting aspersions on a public forum about an individual just because they are the best then why the hell would you follow that particular sport? Must have a pretty sad life IMO.  Especially when he always claims it's easy to make money on and far more consistent than the other 2 racing codes. 

Gonsta, you are an absolute classic.

You write that much garbage.

Sad life definitely not, quite the opposite.

I realise you like to try and knock me but your efforts are less than average.

Google Lamce Armstrong and you might realise something.

Do you call the cyclists that from 1998 for the next 10 years or so dickheads for stating that Mr Armstrong was a drug cheat?

Lance Armstrong got away with cheating for more than a decade despite being tested and denying it, and why was that do you reckon?

Or do you beleive that he was not guilty.