RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
whatrulike

‘Intransigent’

A hard horse to follow. I suggest you bet on a horse who holds its form.

Have to agree after yesterday's run, He was talked up by the trainer so thought he was ready!!! far from being ready going on that run, I think he has had enough of my support now. Mind you made a few dollars of him in the past.

Ha ha what a bunch of drop kicks. Yes he did win a jump out out but has nt raced for 5 months so we have had to do 1200km round trip to get a run under his belt.A slowly run race 2 seconds slower than the rating 65 with the rail 7 metres out did nt help in essence a sprint home.Ran through the line nicely and took an age to pull up so on face value looked orndinary but as inprevious years will be a threat on tracks that suit down in the weights.

Drop kicks? Not sure what was said that upset you?

Just stated it was a hard horse to follow?

Do you disagree?

. Drop k was a bit harsh retracted. No I don't think he s that hard to follow never won fresh up or on a dead track.All wins are either slow or heavy tracks when carrying a reasonable weight.Is one 1 in 7 out of 70 starts on yeilding ground over distance hard to follow?

pogo...

It's said that pets can take on characteristics of their owners.

In your case, your posts appear to be morphing into a hybrid of alter egos...

All the best.

Ashoka

:) :) :) :) :)

There was something about pogo(aus)'s turn of phrase in that last ....

Zelda playing dress-ups in green & gold??

..you called him Puhu for a start in your first ever post here.

you then transcribed that Puha "talked him up"..when you mistook his bullishness for just how well Ben is for the coming Winter assignments., not his immediate ones on ground way too suitable to too many of his thusfar opponents. [both his last two fields inclusive of today's one]

what are you like., just leave Puha and his passion alone...as he's defended himself and his charge Benny Boy.

..leave well enough alone Eigh :mellow:

Just got in from a good day at Ellerslie to this message sent to me from Puha

"No who you are" "Can't believe your shit keep it up and expect some back".

How rude you are Puha, in you 3858 posts made on this site you have bagged many trainers,owners and jockeys. I don't really care if you know who I am or think you know who I am, you don't take what you give well at all. I look forward to what ever you have install for me. Good Luck.

. Look you ve made 5 posts all directed at us for reasons only known to yourself .I stand by my posts and even though I use a tag have no problem with my identity unlike yourself . As you can see I ve made all those posts over 10 years and no warnings from the owners of the site end of story.

puha, on 18 Apr 2015 - 5:29 PM, said:

. Look you ve made 5 posts all directed at us for reasons only known to yourself .I stand by my posts and even though I use a tag have no problem with my identity unlike yourself . As you can see I ve made all those posts over 10 years and no warnings from the owners of the site end of story.

Whatrulike give it a rest or go for spell... I do not want or need people like you stirring the pot in here... stop the nonsense or get lost.Puha is a good poster and has a decent respect love of the game...unlike yourself if I am reading correctly??Seems like you are a sore loser...or jealous??

Leigh

pogo...

It's said that pets can take on characteristics of their owners.

In your case, your posts appear to be morphing into a hybrid of alter egos...

All the best.

Ashoka

:) :) :) :) :)

Well spotted.  Who knew that Zelda is part aboriginal? ;)

Intransigent must have been the source of considerable frustration and pride/joy (not in equal measures) for his trainer (whom I do not know personally).  But one thing I've always liked is his trainer's unfailing enthusiasm - and I dare say - love - for the lil guy.  

They must have known something when they named him (besides the obvious link to his breeding) - the horse has certainly done things his way!

And it puts a smile on my face to imagine the life this horse has at home - wouldn't surprise me to learn he gets tucked up in his box at night with bedtime carrot snacks, treats on his birthday and generally the most attentive of care.

And perhaps even more importantly - I would put money on the fact that even when he retires, "Ben" will continue on in the lifestyle to which he has become accustomed.

Nice.

You summed it up perfectly Jess.Gets tucked into his PJ s every night .Alternates between box and paddock depending on conditions.Our hearts did skip a beat yesterday as was very lucky not to go over the top of fallen runner.Tucking in nicely to his brekkie this morning.Cant keep all your horses after racing but hopefully we ll be spending retirement together. cheers steve

Pongo - most trainers will naturally have a soft spot for their champs - but you probably do the Intransigent connections (and others)  a disservice if you are implying that only the fast ones get the good "after-life" ...

As an example - I have 2 paddock ornaments currently - both eat me out of house n home for no tangible return.  And one is the slowest & least successful racehorse I've ever bred. I love him dearly - clearly for reasons other than his racing prowess.

I guess it's something only a horse lover would understand ...