RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Tauhei Notts

Priority

No, I seriously doubt whether he will be anywhere near as good as that two year old I saw two years ago at Ellerslie.

But I watched the replay of his win several times and I liked what I saw.  The bad bit was it was only an 880 metre scurry.  The good part is how he dived for a gap; no field shyness; at his first start.  Perfectly Ready; okay but no world beater, but he is out an Encosta De Lago mare.

I think he will be okay.  A group race is well within him. 

Come on Race Cafers; tell me a 2011 foal with better potential.

No, I seriously doubt whether he will be anywhere near as good as that two year old I saw two years ago at Ellerslie.

But I watched the replay of his win several times and I liked what I saw.  The bad bit was it was only an 880 metre scurry.  The good part is how he dived for a gap; no field shyness; at his first start.  Perfectly Ready; okay but no world beater, but he is out an Encosta De Lago mare.

I think he will be okay.  A group race is well within him. 

Come on Race Cafers; tell me a 2011 foal with better potential.

CADUCEUS

Notts the preliminary rules are :

a. The winner will be decided by total Stakes won in any country/countries from May 3rd 2014

to  the conclusion of racing on 31st July 20 2015.

Stakes earned PRIOR to May 3rd 2014 do not count towards the Tally.

b. The Independent Judging Panel will consist of Ron Taylor and Earl Harrison and two others nominated by Tauhei Notts

c.  Dean Nowell will substitute for any Judging Panel member who dies or becomes ineligible through death or dementia

d. Other contestants may be eligible, but their nominated 2011 foal must be a Maiden at time of entry and be stabled in NZ 

at the time of the Start of the contest.

One Entry per Racecafe Member.

e. The Losing Contestant(s) must pay up The Double Scotch or $ NZ 20 by 6th September 2015 or they will Join

The UNPAID FORFEIT LIST  IN Tauhei Notts private Office.

f.  Death  of any contestant, will be deemed a losing Nomination. The Debt will still be incurred and Rule e. ( above) will apply.

g. Death of a contestant's nominated horse will be deemed a losing nomination. Rule (e) applies.

h. All nominations must appear in this thread before 11.30pm May 2nd 2014 and will be compiled by Tauhei Notts.

i. Late Nominations MAY be accepted by T Notts and Black Kirrama upon receipt of a suitable  monetary enticement .

j. All nominations must state full breeding,  Horse's name, and reason for nomination.

Alright guys, i'm on.

I'll go with a horse called Afreen (Perfectly Ready x Baheeya) stabled with Stephen McKee. Unraced, but has had a couple of trials and done alright, and the operation that owns him are pretty good selectors of horses.

Thank you Todamax.

Damn it.  I'll have to run it.

My nominees as judges are Rick Williams and Chris Wood, but their positions will be as honorary stewards.

This could be a very interesting competition.

I feel that Forrest should be allowed an entry for CADUCEUS, but that stake money from 3rd May 2014 only will count.

The correct spelling of that word, Kirrama, is "dementia".

Notts the preliminary rules are :

a. The winner will be decided by total Stakes won in any country/countries from May 3rd 2014

to the conclusion of racing on 31st July 20 2015.

Stakes earned PRIOR to May 3rd 2014 do not count towards the Tally.

b. The Independent Judging Panel will consist of Ron Taylor and Earl Harrison and two others nominated by Tauhei Notts

c. Dean Nowell will substitute for any Judging Panel member who dies or becomes ineligible through death or dementia

d. Other contestants may be eligible, but their nominated 2011 foal must be a Maiden at time of entry and be stabled in NZ

at the time of the Start of the contest.

One Entry per Racecafe Member.

e. The Losing Contestant(s) must pay up The Double Scotch or $ NZ 20 by 6th September 2015 or they will Join

The UNPAID FORFEIT LIST IN Tauhei Notts private Office.

f. Death of any contestant, will be deemed a losing Nomination. The Debt will still be incurred and Rule e. ( above) will apply.

g. Death of a contestant's nominated horse will be deemed a losing nomination. Rule (e) applies.

h. All nominations must appear in this thread before 11.30pm May 2nd 2014 and will be compiled by Tauhei Notts.

i. Late Nominations MAY be accepted by T Notts and Black Kirrama upon receipt of a suitable monetary enticement .

j. All nominations must state full breeding, Horse's name, and reason for nomination.

.....very vague,can you elaborate? Thanks

rdytdy...

A horse of the same name was the subject of one of Mark Read's big plunges that came off in the early eighties.

Also, the name of a hit song for a North American group around the same time.

Just sayin'...   :)  :angry:  :)

Cheers.

Ashoka

NOMINATIONS SO FAR  (entries close this Friday May 2nd at 11.30pm)

( Café Member who nominates the winning horse, first, gets the horse for the 6 th Sept 2015 settling day) 

Lloyd Vivian            Asprey

rdytdy                      Turn me Loose

Tauhei Notts            Priority

Todamax                  Afreen

Forrest                      Caduceus

nekminute                 Leeds

Black Kirrama           Amun Ra

of course we sheare like you rydty austrialia is an ecumenical country and these is why boris and i love it too.

just like kiwis people. :P

Just remembers Comrade Zelda, KGB still watching you. :P

In order to fully comply, having just re-read the rules, I should state:

1] the full breeding of Asprey is Alamosa out of Bond Street and

2] he is a gelding, not a colt.

I also should state that I have selected him for

1] his obvious ability,

2] his beautiful type and

3] his potential [ being out of a Pentire mare ], to win the Derby - in addition to the 2000 Guineas and several other Guineas races on the way through, next season!! :) Not to mention because he's by Alamosa and I'm very keen for an Alamosa to win all of the above in any case!! :)

Of course, he could be sold next week and do all his future racing in Hong Kong, where he should continue to amass a small fortune and enable me to still win this comp! :)

Cheers!

My Choice is:

Rockfast [Fastnet Rock - Gypsy Princess]

2 year old colt with Jason Brigdman

Obviously well bred and on the Classic trail.

Already stakes placed but still a maiden.