RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
howrude

Know Class

Super effort the winner - got off balance leaving the front straight the first time as the dog beside it came out a tad, turning Sweet It Is a little sideways.  Not a huge amount of interference but to regain balance and momentum and come with such a strong run was beautiful to watch.

Imagine how far it would've won by if the race had been, say, 750m instead of 715m.

Well done to the connections of Know Class.  He did so well to qualify for the final, particularly given his limited experience over the long distances - unfortunately the breaks didn't quite go his way last night but you can be very proud.

Just an update for those interested, Cole has been on a working holiday in Queensland for the last couple of days beginning with a very good trial, followed by a couple of days off and culminating in racing in a heat of the Group 1 Gold Cup tonight at Albion Park. He's drawn the 6 box but has a spare box in 5 which helps.

It is a no tv race but Gaylene has informed me a replay will be shown approx half hour later.

Cheers

James

He goes around tonight in the Super Stayers Invitational at Albion Park. It's a 4-dog shootout; the trifecta from last week's Albion Park Gold Cup and QLDer Wag Tail.

Xylia Allen is long odds on as you'd expect. Scheduled start time is 10:44pm.

The winner was unbelievable.  I thought Know Class was disappointing.  Every chance after getting into beautiful spot but didn't seem to round it off like he can.  Thought he would be really suited to the small field size.  

The winner was unbelievable.  I thought Know Class was disappointing.  Every chance after getting into beautiful spot but didn't seem to round it off like he can.  Thought he would be really suited to the small field size.

I thought so about him last night, thought he was going to smoke them down the back, unfortunately it wasn't his turn last night.....but the winner what a run.........

Hope he pulls up alright after last nights run. Probably the weakest field he's faced so far in Australia and was tailed off 5 lengths last as a $1.9 fav.

I didn't see it but that's interesting Reilly.  Should have done better last time like I said, thought the signs were there.  

Hope it's not too serious.  

Steward's Report

Pyrenees Grand was slow to begin.

Know Class, Run On Rosey and Hornsey's Mate collided soon after the start checking Run On Rosey and Know Class. Molly Michelle checked off Claretown Bart on the first turn. Pyrenees Grand and Run On Rosey collided approaching the home turn. Run On Rosey raced wide in the home straight. Hornsey's Mate raced wide in the home straight. 

Know Class was vetted following the event. It was reported that the greyhound sustained injuries to the right pencil muscle and the right thigh. A 14 day stand down period was imposed. 

A sample was taken from Dynamo's Miss - winner of the event. 

Steward's Report

Pyrenees Grand was slow to begin.

Know Class, Run On Rosey and Hornsey's Mate collided soon after the start checking Run On Rosey and Know Class. Molly Michelle checked off Claretown Bart on the first turn. Pyrenees Grand and Run On Rosey collided approaching the home turn. Run On Rosey raced wide in the home straight. Hornsey's Mate raced wide in the home straight.

Know Class was vetted following the event. It was reported that the greyhound sustained injuries to the right pencil muscle and the right thigh. A 14 day stand down period was imposed.

A sample was taken from Dynamo's Miss - winner of the event.

Cheers mate, isn't it great to read Australian stipes report's... They actually detail the injury rather than the NZGRA's cover up policy which they admit openly that they stopped listing 'certain' injuries because of the anti's... Bit of a joke for punters when you see some injury prone dogs and not a clue what's happened to them.

Reilly I can see where your coming from fella but N.Z. is very small compared to Ozz. Their whole industry has a lot more power and their government's back them as well. Anything Mr X can get his hands on he will use, check his facebook page and you will see where I'm coming from.

Reilly I can see where your coming from fella but N.Z. is very small compared to Ozz. Their whole industry has a lot more power and their government's back them as well. Anything Mr X can get his hands on he will use, check his facebook page and you will see where I'm coming from.

Interesting comments lad, so in YOUR opinion you think the NZGRA is doing the right thing in covering up 'serious' injuries in stipes reports and that we can openly move forward and improve the industry / turnover by doing this? ( just remember local turnover is diminishing by the year. )

You also make it seem like they don't have any antis in Australia, because trust me they have plenty...

Don't get me wrong lad, I love greyhound racing and honestly most of my turnover is in NZ, I just think when it comes to animal welfare and treating punters with respect the NZGRA is so far behind the GRV it's not funny ( and what's changed since 3rd degree? Apart from a welfare officer that refuses to reply to industry participants emails. )

What a load of rubbish. Its because of attitudes such as this that the halfwitted moron gets any traction. Just ignor the prick, pay him no heed. The industry here have only themselves to blame by acknowledging his existance.

Reilly, everything is recorded but just not public for the anti's to fest on but I can see where your coming from in a punting point of view. I know there well and truly active in ozz but their greyhound industry is a lot more powerful and acts towards them.

Aquaman have you got your head in the sand?

Mr X has the support of Grey2K who have shut down racing in America in certain states, Got his tv shows, 60 minutes and 3rd Degree, has been to parliament and put his two cents in, also has some support from the Greens.

Reilly, everything is recorded but just not public for the anti's to fest on but I can see where your coming from in a punting point of view. I know there well and truly active in ozz but their greyhound industry is a lot more powerful and acts towards them.

Mr X has the support of Grey2K who have shut down racing in America in certain states, Got his tv shows, 60 minutes and 3rd Degree, has been to parliament and put his two cents in, also has some support from the Greens.

lad read about grey 2k no credentials at all

No i havn't got my head in the sand. These anti racing people only flourish when we have weak ,spinless ,PC leadership such as displayed in our own organisation. You do not surrender to lunatics and nutters. To be strong you must steer your own course, and have the courage of your convictions.