mulebacker

Madame Giselle and the corruption train rolls on

GIselle had the splits and times to take this 1600 Race out comfortably today at Riccarton. Punters spruiked. price crashes from 7.5 to 3.5

And surprise surprise the jockey stands up in his irons at the 200 M cause thats how you make a horse go faster 

No doubt the Pitmans will return the favour with one of their swerves in the coming weeks

No doubt the stipes will be examing the run very closely  - yeah right

11 minutes ago, mulebacker said:

GIselle had the splits and times to take this 1600 Race out comfortably today at Riccarton. Punters spruiked. price crashes from 7.5 to 3.5

And surprise surprise the jockey stands up in his irons at the 200 M cause thats how you make a horse go faster 

No doubt the Pitmans will return the favour with one of their swerves in the coming weeks

11 Stolen Decree came right across Madame Giselle at the 200m. He had to put the brakes on to avoid falling. Dont know if Madame Giselle had that much left anyhow

I think Augusta is right.  The horse looked done as a top 3 possibility.  Perhaps Niranjia should have ridden it out a bit more but 4 others had already run past it even before the interference occured.

Tony check the Stewards Report. It begins Madame Giselle raced keenly in the early and middle stages. When horses do this they aren't breathing properly and go into oxygen debt at the end of their races. Stolen Decree didn't help her cause in the straight but she was never going to place. When she races more tractably she will be competitive. 

Muley , I remember a few other gripes you have had previously one being Global beauty where you were berating the rider for not being on pace at Riccarton synthetic, it's next starts it was awkward ,slow but never on pace winning one at Kurow in the process. Granted things didnt pan out that well with giselle but had its chance for that gap but couldn't muster, was never going to run 3rd with a clear run but in this game you need to learn to take the knocks , imagine how jockeys, trainers and owners feel .Corruption?

Well perhaps Giselle had interference but I will wait till the head on video is released

On a wider issue I know I shouldnt question the integrity of racing  - as it is as honest as the day is long

and punters should never dare to question this

In the words of those more wise than me : - Allan Thomas - "Looks like the favourite missed the kick again"

I ran this  comment across a sample of 5000 races across Australasia and yes indeed   when a horse was fav it was far more likely to  come last out of the gates than when it wasnt  fav

especially  in the lower grade races - Obviously the horse knows he is fav and gets nervous in the gates

Yes there are plenty of ridiculous favourites and things go wrong in in race but there is also plenty  BS that goes on in this game  - the list is long

Darren Weir springs to mind  the greatest of Aussie trainers - Yeah right - How many years did it take before he was finally revoked

I will remain cynical

53 minutes ago, mulebacker said:

Well perhaps Giselle had interference but I will wait till the head on video is released

On a wider issue I know I shouldnt question the integrity of racing  - as it is as honest as the day is long

and punters should never dare to question this

In the words of those more wise than me : - Allan Thomas - "Looks like the favourite missed the kick again"

I ran this  comment across a sample of 5000 races across Australasia and yes indeed   when a horse was fav it was far more likely to  come last out of the gates than when it wasnt  fav

especially  in the lower grade races - Obviously the horse knows he is fav and gets nervous in the gates

Yes there are plenty of ridiculous favourites and things go wrong in in race but there is also plenty  BS that goes on in this game  - the list is long

Darren Weir springs to mind  the greatest of Aussie trainers - Yeah right - How many years did it take before he was finally revoked

I will remain cynical

Sounds like punting might not really be the game for you. Have you tried lotto?

Tony there are a multitude of reasons why horses run poorly. I was at Tauranga on January 12 and observed two well backed horses that were obviously sore in the birdcage. Both ran last. February and March are months when viruses thrive. Some well backed horses will fail because they are in the early stages of a virus. They will be eating and working well and have clear nasal passages but under the stress of racing they will fail. Punting is not for the faint hearted!

9 hours ago, mulebacker said:

Having reviewed the head on I can see that stolen decree did clearly cross into Mdme Giselles running line. 

So for the first time in my life, I was wrong

The third on here😆 not to worry you need to get a few more wrong to catch most at Cafe 😓