RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Hermione

HRNZ Move?

Tried to get onto HRNZ site this morning to check on infohorse.  Trouble getting on first because Firefox advised me it was an unsecured site and did I really want to proceed. Yes please.  Umm headlines says 20th September most of website unavailable because they are shifting to another building.  Can't get my head around the logic, it reads as if they have physical files on site that will be trucked elswhere? 

2 hours ago, MisterEd said:

Sounds about right. Spend hundreds of thousands of dollars shifting premises probably doubling expenses in the process. Then wonder why the organization is running out of money further down the track. Watch this space!

New location is half the price and owned by Addington Raceway. 
Cost saving and putting money back into the industry indirectly. 

13 hours ago, Lincoln1 said:

Obviously I'm living in the past...but last time I had anything to do with Addington the HRNZ offices were based there?

So, they moved to Birmingham Drive [ agree re. parking ] and now back again?

plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose...

On 9/22/2023 at 4:36 PM, Lincoln1 said:

Mmm I reckon they can suck up the cost saving with one or two newly created positions. One thing is for sure the top tier will be rubbing their hands together for a new performance bonus. 

The odds are 100-1 that participants who keep the industry running and do most of the heavy lifting see any of the money going directly back to the industry.