RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Old Man

Avondale on Wednesday

Hopefully the weather holds off ...

Poor card, and again a f**kn amateur riders race.  This b/s has to stop, money being placed on non professionals who face no consequences !

Wish the club well, but sometimes they are looking more and more like the ATC.

1 hour ago, Old Man said:

Hopefully the weather holds off ...

Poor card, and again a f**kn amateur riders race.  This b/s has to stop, money being placed on non professionals who face no consequences !

Wish the club well, but sometimes they are looking more and more like the ATC.

Dunno why you could possibly want to bet on them.... I wouldn't have a bet on an amateur race with stolen money.

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Dunno why you could possibly want to bet on them.... I wouldn't have a bet on an amateur race with stolen money.

Trouble is they usually a quaddie leg and I do try to refrain from betting on them but I'm a sucker for a quaddie

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Ooooooh, I'm not sure I'd go that far. I guess it depends on whether I'd be able to keep the stolen cash if I didn't have a bet, or not :rcfe-like:

And maybe whether any winnings would be mine, or not  I I wouldn't want the winnings to go to a thief :rcfe-laughing:

1 minute ago, richie said:

Trouble is they usually a quaddie leg and I do try to refrain from betting on them but I'm a sucker for a quaddie

Likewise. They've only got 7 races, R1 being the amateur riders. There should only be one quaddie on a day like that, but you can bet your riding boots they'll still have two. 

Good on the amateurs I reckon.

It's not like they get many chances and most (all) of them absolutely love it

But you can rest assured some pain in the backside killjoy will be there putting the boot in saying they shouldn't be there or we shouldn't be allowed to bet on them.

Sheesh ! Get a life of your own and the amateurs will be out there doing it for real at Avondale on Wednesday 👍

4 minutes ago, skoota said:

But you can rest assured some pain in the backside killjoy will be there putting the boot in saying they shouldn't be there or we shouldn't be allowed to bet on them.

Sheesh ! Get a life of your own and the amateurs will be out there doing it for real at Avondale on Wednesday 👍

I for one never said they should not be allowed to race, good on them, but as far as punting goes thats my prerogative whether I choose to bet on them or not...maybe you need to come down of the high horse you seem to be on...just saying, its a forum people have differing opinions.

3 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Jeez if that isn't someone on a high horse and with a superiority complex to boot I don't know what is.

So don't bet on them

55 minutes ago, skoota said:

Jeez if that isn't someone on a high horse and with a superiority complex to boot I don't know what is.

So don't bet on them

I dont and wont but I am allowed to have an opinion on my own site am I not??? I was responding to Old man actually before you poked your snout in.

20 minutes ago, say no more said:

Jean van de Velde? - still makes me sad watching that final hole
Thomas Bjorn?

Van de Velde was the most painful watch of all time and will never be bettered.Commentary didn't help 🤣

4 hours ago, skoota said:

a little over your head, but no mind ....  ;) 

54 minutes ago, say no more said:

Jean van de Velde? - still makes me sad watching that final hole

One of the most fkd up things, I ever seen on a golf course  .....    :(

the total breakdown of a human being,  LIVE on television. 

Over here, they'll put an amateur or apprentice race on either first or last race.

At evening cards, they would put on an amateur race first to give the professional jockeys every chance to travel on from another meeting but that was all stopped by the pandemic.

I thought the idea in NZ was to put on the less punter-friendly races early so by the time the Aussies enjoyed the party there were strong punting races available.

We've a few who are amateur in name only - Simon Walker on the flat and Jamie Codd over jumps could easily be successful professional riders. Hunter chases, Bumpers and Arabian races are also end-of-the-card filler.