RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GOM

Whanganui

On 2/18/2019 at 6:08 AM, POPA GAS said:

This why people do not come on here and give their opinion. When someone and can hide behind a nom-de-plume and lie.

Bev

The members called a special general meeting in March last year to address the issues surrounding trials. They left that meeting disappointed, with no remedy offered by the club. If there have been further incident then that reflects poorly. Continuing to comment here on the subject of incidents is just infuriating anyone who has been aggrieved since. I understand you support the club however it is clear from comments posted across the net that you are one of only two. You were on the previous board, what did you do to address the trial issue? 

On 2/18/2019 at 8:15 AM, Rules For Some said:

Marks a terrible lure driver. Only a few months ago he pulled up the lure to fast and a dog flipped over the rail and injured it's back and shoulders. 

He should not be driving the lure period. The club are well aware of the problem and still have done nothing and being anonymous on here doesn't change these facts

Once again youre like all the people that come on here, pick on anyone that has not the same opinion, with out putting your name to it. WHO IS THE DOG?

Rule for some,  said a dog flipped over the lure. if people say things they should tell all, just like everybody you and all the no=names.everybody

Most people know me us i have been on this site for years, but if you do not.

I am Beverley Duganzich

[Bev] 

3 minutes ago, POPA GAS said:

Once again youre like all the people that come on here, pick on anyone that has not the same opinion, with out putting your name to it. WHO IS THE DOG?

Rule for some,  said a dog flipped over the lure. if people say things they should tell all, just like everybody you and all the no=names.everybody

Most people know me us i have been on this site for years, but if you do not.

I am Beverley Duganzich

[Bev] 

I know who you are. No part of my post was a lie. I will ask you again. You were a sitting member of the board at the time the Hodgson complaint was made. What measures did your board take to remedy the complaint and ensure no future incidents occurred? It is a very simple question.

1 hour ago, POPA GAS said:

Ask the club if you can read the minutes.

You call people liars for posting anonymously and badger them for details when their view doesn't match yours. It works both ways. Yet you won't answer a direct question yourself? Whether you like someone or not is irrelevant. Whether you believe a driver is good or not is irrelevant. You get caught up in the subjective. What you should be focussing on is the "cause and effect" and "action, reaction" principles. If an issue is not dealt with fully and immediately when it arises, in my opinion, I believe that may well be the case, then there will always be a corresponding response. The anecdotal posts claiming that other incidents have occurred would simply not exist.

6 hours ago, POPA GAS said:

Ask the club if you can read the minutes.

Bev they won't tell us who the dog or trainer is which makes me very suspicious as once again like you another story. Also yes anyone an read the minutes as that is are recording of the meeting. This mob just love to ridicule people and call them names and not put there names to statements.

Janet Hall

Janet me old mate you finally put your name to a post which is good seeing you have been abusing us. None of the people whose posts I have read appear to be telling anything but the truth and if that is read by you as ridicule it will be solely the result of the facts being so ridiculously  ridiculous that one would imagine it must not be true. 

Have you heard from the Coleys' in Aus?  They were going to stay in touch but never did

4 minutes ago, GOM said:

Well I've counted around 5  trials which people are now complaining about. How many have been done ok? I think it well out numbers these. Soon there won't be racing as people will be too worried about doing anything.  Incase of being recorded and videoed and sued ,get a grip people  

18 minutes ago, What the hell said:

Well I've counted around 5  trials which people are now complaining about. How many have been done ok? I think it well out numbers these. Soon there won't be racing as people will be too worried about doing anything.  Incase of being recorded and videoed and sued ,get a grip people  

There are very simple solutions, listen carefully, repeat the instruction back. Use the radio when relaying instructions to the driver, allow the trainer time to correct the relayed message if necessary. Don't start up the lure until everyone is on the same page. If staff are not capable of following any part of that process, then they should consider early retirement. Waving your arm at passing seagulls who are not trialing dogs at the track is not appropriate behaviour. This is a welfare issue. How can you not care what happens to the dogs?

12 hours ago, GOM said:

Janet me old mate you finally put your name to a post which is good seeing you have been abusing us. None of the people whose posts I have read appear to be telling anything but the truth and if that is read by you as ridicule it will be solely the result of the facts being so ridiculously  ridiculous that one would imagine it must not be true. 

Have you heard from the Coleys' in Aus?  They were going to stay in touch but never did

No I wasn't abusing any of you just pointing out a fact that people come on here and put up a post anonymously and then expect you to believe them and as I said also if they read the minutes of any club meetings it is what has been said at a meeting very clear and succinct I would have thought not abusive at all. 

Coleys yes still have contact they seem to be loving it over there have bought a house and both have jobs and of course there kids live there to and Garry has become a grandad. We hope to catch up in September 

Have a nice day.

13 hours ago, Emotive said:

There are very simple solutions, listen carefully, repeat the instruction back. Use the radio when relaying instructions to the driver, allow the trainer time to correct the relayed message if necessary. Don't start up the lure until everyone is on the same page. If staff are not capable of following any part of that process, then they should consider early retirement. Waving your arm at passing seagulls who are not trialing dogs at the track is not appropriate behaviour. This is a welfare issue. How can you not care what happens to the dogs?

And the only people actually sticking up for him are involved with the club or family. Wouldn't be surprised if there's some conflict of interest in there somewhere as they do not want to sack him it seems

Dear Members and Trainers

Thank you for your patience with the trial process while we are developing
new sets of trial rules. The club is here to improve our trials, and limit
the ability for any mistakes to happen. Less mistakes, means a safer trial
for your dog. After last week, we have adjusted a couple of the rules. Below
is the full set of rules, so all trainers know exactly what is allowed to do
and what is not. These conditions will commence for race day on the 22nd
February 2019

The new procedures are 

1.      Trials on race day must be out of the closed boxes and must either
be a 305m trial, 520m trial or a 520m box to 520 m box trial. These trials
may also be able to be done on a trial day.

2.      Hand slips are only permitted on a non race day. Hand slips must
finish with the lure pulling up at the "pirates" club rooms and must not
exceed one full track length

3.      Please let the 520m boxes go first.

4.      All trainers to buy trial tickets from the secretary. Each trainer
will need to fill out the trial ticket to explain the trial they wish to
commence. If the ticket is not filled out, no trial,. The starters will not
accept any verbal communications for trial distances.  

5.      Only the trials on the ticket will be allowed to commence 

6.      All dogs must be cleared to trial, without being on an injury stand
down or have any suspected injuries 

7.      Trials will finish half an hour before the first race 

8.      There will only be 25 trials before the first race. All other trials
will be held after the races on a Wednesday

9.      There is no limit to the number of trials after the races

10.   Trials booking for before the races will  need to be done during the
previous day, and should be lodged before 5pm on that day. Eg ..  for trials
on a Wednesday, Bookings need to be completed by Tuesday 5pm, and Trials on
a Friday need to be booked in by Thursday 5pm. This should be via the
secretary on the scratching line. Only reserve dogs are permitted to
purchase a trial ticket on the day of the races.

11.   All trial tickets will be numbered, and you must go in order. If you
are not there when you dog number is up, then you will lose your place in
the queue and will be trialled when possible. 

12.   Reserve dogs and qualification dogs will have preference in line of
that box. Reserve dogs to report to the kennel steward who will be given a
vest on presentation of their papers 

13.   During trials, there will be a limit of 2 dogs to one handler at all
times

Please be courteous to our staff, as we continually review these policies.

Andrew Hansen

Manager

Wanganui Greyhound Racing Club INC

1.      Trials on race day must be out of the closed boxes and must either
be a 305m trial, 520m trial or a 520m box to 520 m box trial. These trials
may also be able to be done on a trial day.

You can run a limited fitness trial box to box for a middle to distance dog because they are coming out of the boxes,
but no limited trials for sprinters? A box to box is a limited trial.

2.      Hand slips are only permitted on a non race day. Hand slips must
finish with the lure pulling up at the "pirates" club rooms and must not
exceed one full track length.

So handslipping is only safe on a Sunday??? Fitness trials, and breaking in have been reduced to one day a week?
Am I reading that correctly? That is going to have a negative effect for any trainer setting a training program 
ie a limited trial Wenesday or Friday for a start on Monday.

6.      All dogs must be cleared to trial, without being on an injury stand
down or have any suspected injuries.

Unless all dogs are to be scanned and vet checked prior to trialing, how could that ever be confirmed?

13. During trials, there will be a limit of 2 dogs to one handler at all times. 

So this has now been changed from what was previously deemed safe, one dog, one handler. Why would that be?