RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tryagain

Bringing The Code into DISREPUTE..

Can Freeman and Clark be charged separately by the Association for bringing the sport into Disrepute?  If so do you think this should have been instigated by now.? 

As far as I know, Freeman & Clark are required to comply with the Greyhound Racing Rules. I don't know of any rule about bringing the sport into disrepute.

The queries I have thus far are as follows.

1. Why wasn't the partnership charged with the violation? If the partnership had a positive swab returned, the partnership would be charged. Why was this case treated any differently? There is nothing I can find within the rules to allow for this division.
  2. Why hasn't Ms Clark been charged as an LP & official? As documented (we weren't allowed to see it all), she broke at least 2 rules. ~~ "1.6 At the Palmerston North meeting on Wednesday 29 October the Stewards were notified by Ms Clark that the scratching of Gibbonator had been received the preceding Friday by entries in their race books. For reasons which do not need to be recorded an inquiry was subsequently instituted into the scratching of Gibbonator in the course of which Ms Clark was spoken to."
  3. Why hasn't the club been charged because of Ms. Clarks breaches as she is their club & racing secretary.
  4. Why wasn't a charged put forward for the attempt to force an injured animal to race prior to it's stand-down being completed? I thought animal welfare was on top of the list of things to correct in the industry. What if the Addington vet hadn't caught the injury and it was allowed to compete?

As I see it, it wasn't necessarily Freeman or Clark that has caused the disrepute. They had broken the rules and should have been held to tack for that. But why weren't they?

The disrepute, in my opinion, lies solely on the decks of the RIU for not enforcing the rules, which we all can see have been breached. I can easily see 5 breaches of the rules with what's been published, but only one charge has been filed. The are paid very well to ensure integrity in our sport, and this is what we get from that expenditure?

I've lost even more confidence with the RIU after this recent blunder. Not that long ago we had a non-chaser charged in Manukau, only to be let off on improper "RIU procedure". I suggest that if the RIU can't get it right, let's get another agency who can do it properly. In more ways than one it seems to me the Greyhounds just might be over their head. Because someone has had previous experience riding a horse or driving a sulky doesn't mean they can act as an official as a steward in a sport remotely familiar to them to ensure integrity.

As far as I know, Freeman & Clark are required to comply with the Greyhound Racing Rules. I don't know of any rule about bringing the sport into disrepute.

The queries I have thus far are as follows.

1. Why wasn't the partnership charged with the violation? If the partnership had a positive swab returned, the partnership would be charged. Why was this case treated any differently? There is nothing I can find within the rules to allow for this division.
  2. Why hasn't Ms Clark been charged as an LP & official? As documented (we weren't allowed to see it all), she broke at least 2 rules. ~~ "1.6 At the Palmerston North meeting on Wednesday 29 October the Stewards were notified by Ms Clark that the scratching of Gibbonator had been received the preceding Friday by entries in their race books. For reasons which do not need to be recorded an inquiry was subsequently instituted into the scratching of Gibbonator in the course of which Ms Clark was spoken to."
  3. Why hasn't the club been charged because of Ms. Clarks breaches as she is their club & racing secretary.
  4. Why wasn't a charged put forward for the attempt to force an injured animal to race prior to it's stand-down being completed? I thought animal welfare was on top of the list of things to correct in the industry. What if the Addington vet hadn't caught the injury and it was allowed to compete?

As I see it, it wasn't necessarily Freeman or Clark that has caused the disrepute. They had broken the rules and should have been held to tack for that. But why weren't they?

The disrepute, in my opinion, lies solely on the decks of the RIU for not enforcing the rules, which we all can see have been breached. I can easily see 5 breaches of the rules with what's been published, but only one charge has been filed. The are paid very well to ensure integrity in our sport, and this is what we get from that expenditure?

I've lost even more confidence with the RIU after this recent blunder. Not that long ago we had a non-chaser charged in Manukau, only to be let off on improper "RIU procedure". I suggest that if the RIU can't get it right, let's get another agency who can do it properly. In more ways than one it seems to me the Greyhounds just might be over their head. Because someone has had previous experience riding a horse or driving a sulky doesn't mean they can act as an official as a steward in a sport remotely familiar to them to ensure integrity.

Your last paragraph inparticular I solely agree with. The RIU staff overseeing the dog races are not suitably qualified for the job they are entrusted to fulfill. It's no secret that they have very little time for the code of dog racing so why they would endeavor to up skill to fulfill there role is pointless and painful to them. Maybe the NZGRA should look at employing some suitably qualified staff to undertake this role and the dog code breaks away from the jurisdiction of the RIU until they themselves up skill there own staff to the point of competence to satisfactorily oversee a greyhound race.

Yawn. Or should that be BAA BAA from the acting Wanganui prezzy.

If you do not make a noise about what appears to be corrupt over and over until it changes, people will forget.

Until it happens again.

Just like standing for the board and doing next to nothing.

I hope you think you have made those who voted for you proud and glad they did.

Or do they not turn up at the track any more too.lol

Yawn. Or should that be BAA BAA from the acting Wanganui prezzy.

If you do not make a noise about what appears to be corrupt over and over until it changes, people will forget.

Until it happens again.

Just like standing for the board and doing next to nothing.

I hope you think you have made those who voted for you proud and glad they did.

Or do they not turn up at the track any more too.lol

Nice to know I've been missed dogrug. Next time I'm on track come see me I'll shout you a beer and give you hug and we can discuss whatever it is you wish.

There's no baa baa here. People can make as much noise about as they like as long as they have the facts right which a lot of people haven't. I only know from what I've read on the jca website and the charges laid have nothing to do with what people have claimed or are still claiming happened. Personally I am bored of it. The way the system is set up a situation like this was always just waiting to happen. The solution would be central grading with a national selection criteria and take these powers out of clubs hands. But that would involve people working together for progress and I won't be holding my breathe waiting for that.

Yawn, punkrock is over it! Arent we all! Just accept it and move on, probably good advice punkrock. Problem is people are hard wired to want to see and seek justice and this whole situation with freeman and miss clarke is just shameful on so many levels, shame on them, shame on riu/jca, and just shame on the sport. Not surprised with ur reaction tho punkrock, ur probably desensitized to corruption and cheating etc by now having worked for or on the same property as some 'dodgys' and as for sticking up for miss clarke that not surprising either, u still tryna get in there? Lol

Yawn, punkrock is over it! Arent we all! Just accept it and move on, probably good advice punkrock. Problem is people are hard wired to want to see and seek justice and this whole situation with freeman and miss clarke is just shameful on so many levels, shame on them, shame on riu/jca, and just shame on the sport. Not surprised with ur reaction tho punkrock, ur probably desensitized to corruption and cheating etc by now having worked for or on the same property as some 'dodgys' and as for sticking up for miss clarke that not surprising either, u still tryna get in there? Lol

yes lowdown I'm also bored of people like you hiding behind an alias making comments like this. Which are these dodgys that you talk about? Name and shame and don't forget to prove it. I'd also like to see proof of the corruption and cheating that I am now desensitized too.

I'm not on the defense for anyone. As I've already said I'm bored of people making up stories. Read the jca report. It's not just this case it's happened plenty of times before. It's boring.

Cheers

Agree it's boring Punkrock but that's the level Freeman and Clark have stooped us all to. The main feature here in my opinion is that these two idiots were in a position of President and Secretary at the time this was committed. This is serious and the association must follow up and deal with this issue. It needs to be  made transparent and sooner the better. They must relinquish the positions of trust that they dishonoured. Imagine if this was politician or some  major sports club.  They would have been hung and quartered by now.