RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mikie G

Wedding Invitation

Did anyone receive a Wedding invite from the TAB........what a complete waste of money and talk about confusing.......first of all when I opened it up I have no idea who the Bride and Groom are???? upon opening the invite in full its now to do with the cricket and how you can use your mobile to place a bet........if your going to send out something like this then please include tickets to actually attend the cricket game.

Did anyone receive a Wedding invite from the TAB........what a complete waste of money and talk about confusing.......first of all when I opened it up I have no idea who the Bride and Groom are???? upon opening the invite in full its now to do with the cricket and how you can use your mobile to place a bet........if your going to send out something like this then please include tickets to actually attend the cricket game.

LOL mate, my old man got one also. He looked at it and thought for about 20mins about who the groom and bride were, somehow forming a link on how we are related to them. It wasn't until he opened it up and read it thoroughly that he realised we weren't family.

Complete waste of money and time, especially when all we needed to know was the middle bit.

I got one as well, found it pretty confussing, but once I actually figured out what it was, I thought it was pretty clever actually, why not try something different. If you contiue to do the same thing over and over, then expect the same result over and over, good on them for trying something differrent I say. It may not have hit the mark, but at least they're trying.

Looked at it. Scratched my head. Looked at it again. Thought about it and decided that it was stupid. Threw it away.

That was the order and it took about 60 seconds as I really did want to understand it given that it came from the TAB.

Sorry but that is OUR money that they are wasting at about $1.00 a piece x by how many thousand!

An advertising masterpiece.. yeah right!

I knew it was advertising from the start because of the printed name on the envelope and texture of the 'invitation', but I expected it to be from National Bank. And I thought it was weird because I didn't know anyone by those surnames.

Opened it up, oh, its just National Bank advertising the cricket, I'm already going to it, threw it in the rubbish.

It wasn't until I read this that I realised it was actually from the TAB.

Absolutely ridiculous marketing promotion. Though they are probably patting themselves on the back because we are talking about it on Racecafe! Well done old chaps, well done!

Please spend your marketing money more wisely next time TAB, or get some marketers who have watched a horse race or sports match before.

Great advertising remember the tab is a company as u can see they got your attention i think it was great advertising made you guys talk about it great 1 tab

Thats not so much of an issue when you are a monopoly (how many in NZ would not know who the TAB are?), the issue is that the message they were trying to convey was completely lost in the majority trying to figure out who the hell Rachel and Andrew were.

The other point is, why send out a mass mailing to target a market that at a guess would be less than 3% (smart phone punters) of the TAB's total audience.