RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

TV1 Melbourne Cup.

One wonders what Toni Street will be wearing this year, anyone feel free to comment on one's coverage you can record it and watch after, I know Idiomite will slag me off for giving the media a serve but sometimes it's needed.

And hey people I might be completely wrong, and they have changed the recipe, but I doubt it.

24 minutes ago, mikenz said:

One wonders what Toni Street will be wearing this year, anyone feel free to comment on one's coverage you can record it and watch after, I know Idiomite will slag me off for giving the media a serve but sometimes it's needed.

And hey people I might be completely wrong, and they have changed the recipe, but I doubt it.

Toni Street isn't hosting this year, TVNZ have finally got the hint and actually got a jockey as one of the hosts.  Bridget Grylls is one of the hosts, along with Scotty Stevenson and Guy Herveldt.  Toni street doesn't know one end of the Horse from the other!!

8 minutes ago, MissJools said:

Toni Street isn't hosting this year, TVNZ have finally got the hint and actually got a jockey as one of the hosts.  Bridget Grylls is one of the hosts, along with Scotty Stevenson and Guy Herveldt.  Toni street doesn't know one end of the Horse from the other!!

I Just hate the treating people like idiots, our politicians are doing that well enough at present, we see lots of it the media.

All you need is to be informative.

4 minutes ago, mikenz said:

I Just hate the treating people like idiots, our politicians are doing that well enough at present, we see lots of it the media.

All you need is to be informative.

Toni street doesn't know anything about Horses and Racing, you need someone who knows what they are talking about. Toni steet is lots of things, but informative isn't one of them!!  Especially when it comes to Horses and Racing!!!!

40 minutes ago, MissJools said:

Toni street doesn't know anything about Horses and Racing, you need someone who knows what they are talking about. Toni steet is lots of things, but informative isn't one of them!!  Especially when it comes to Horses and Racing!!!!

To be fair, most of the trackside presenters know loads about horses and they still turn out a terrible product.  Knowledge doesnt make them good in front of a camera.  Most decent panels have a media trained person + one or two people in the know ala Mcgoldrick with Dagg and Taavao for the rugby world cup.

17 minutes ago, Pakaraka Star said:

To be fair, most of the trackside presenters know loads about horses and they still turn out a terrible product.  Knowledge doesnt make them good in front of a camera.  Most decent panels have a media trained person + one or two people in the know ala Mcgoldrick with Dagg and Taavao for the rugby world cup.

Toni street (AKA Faceache) doesn't know what it' like to ride in a race unlike a jockey, good to see Bridget Grylls who is currently suspended being one of the hosts!!

1 hour ago, chevy86 said:

And so do most Cafers--all learnt through the school of hard knocks that is punting and owning the noble beast!

I know quite a lot about Horses, because I have been many years studying them, the highest i have studied is Level 5, which is the same level as first year university.  It was a very hard level, and I was basically writing a novel to answer a question. I have also done 2 University papers extrmurally, which means I studied at home instead of being on campus. The Level 5 Course was offered by Telford Rural Polytech in Balclutha.  Sadly, this course is no longer being offered by Telford.  I was the first student to pass the Level 5 Course, from memory 5 students started the course, and not many finished.   When I see the Level 2 and 3  NZ Equine Academy, all I can say is I see the Level 2 and 3 Academy and raise you a Level 5.  

NZ Equine Academy

1 hour ago, Ned Kelly said:

Can’t argue with your Toni Street comments miss jools but with your professional and personal connections with trackside/ tab why are they not taking your advice and suggestions on board 

I DO NOT HAVE ANY CONNECTION WITH TRACKSIDE, I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM, OR KNOW ANYONE WHO DOES!!!

7 minutes ago, MissJools said:

I DO NOT HAVE ANY CONNECTION WITH TRACKSIDE, I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM, OR KNOW ANYONE WHO DOES!!!

If people give you a hard time just ignore it. Everyone's got something useful to contribute, I got caned for one or two comments now and then but it's water off a duck's back to me these days

Didn't realize that was briget on tv1, but a good start, and great  to have someone with knowledge about the game, swapped over when the went to the fashion presenter, TV1 don't show the birdcage parade usually, which is a shame.

11 minutes ago, Shad said:

Didn't realize that was briget on tv1, but a good start, and great  to have someone with knowledge about the game, swapped over when the went to the fashion presenter, TV1 don't show the birdcage parade usually, which is a shame.

Bridget was suspended, so she was able to co-host TV1's Melbourne Cup coverage.  Don't know who the guy who was wearing the hideous jacke was, but it shouldn't be allowed to be seen in public again!!  Bridget is allowed to ride raceday again from tomorrow.

10 hours ago, Shad said:

In 30 minutes, there were 25 minutes of talking heads. Show the horses which are attractive animals. Most people can listen and watch contemporanously.