RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ponderosa8

Ashburton Abandoned today

Any one got any thoughts on what they will do regarding rescheduling as I see trials also set for Ashburton Thursday, there is a track not far down the road from Ashburton not doing too much but will the authority's turn a blind eye ?

4 hours ago, Ponderosa8 said:

From Love Racing website

Due to surface water flooding the track and stalls the Ashburton races today have been abandoned – more information regarding rescheduling to follow

Really. Just got a black book notification from NZTR that a horse I'd been watching was starting in 30 minutes!!!! Useless bastards.

7 minutes ago, Muzzaman said:

Just got a black book notification from NZTR that a horse I'd been watching was starting in 30 minutes!!!! Useless bastards.

Your being a bit harsh. Those black book notifications are computer generated based on info you supply. If they didn't notify you i'm picking you would be on here moaning as well.?

7 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Your being a bit harsh. Those black book notifications are computer generated based on info you supply. If they didn't notify you i'm picking you would be on here moaning as well.?

I'm not moaning. Just pointing out inadequacies in the system. People do not like mediocrity in the industry (myself included), but this is where it starts. There is nothing to reversing computer instructions. Staff probably effed of home when the races were cancelled for the day.

17 hours ago, Muzzaman said:

There is nothing to reversing computer instructions. Staff probably effed of home when the races were cancelled for the day.

Im pretty sure there were other meetings on both here and in Oz so your second point is nonsense whilst i'm also sure that their are other more important issues to address than reversing your individual blackbook selections when a meeting is abandoned due to weather bombs of the type that hit Canterbury over the weekend

The solution for you might lie in another dealing with another  provider- just offering you a solution to what is obviously a pressing issue for you

6 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Im pretty sure there were other meetings on both here and in Oz so your second point is nonsense whilst i'm also sure that their are other more important issues to address than reversing your individual blackbook selections when a meeting is abandoned due to weather bombs of the type that hit Canterbury over the weekend

The solution for you might lie in another dealing with another  provider- just offering you a solution to what is obviously a pressing issue for you

Agreed. I have found most of the other sites tee up their notifications based on the field nominations being finalised a couple days in advance.  I have even got notifications for horses that have been scratched on the day.  Do I care? No.  Would I expect NZTR or TAB to care? No.  We're all adult enough to work it out for ourselves, even Muzzaman.