RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Dynamite

NZB Yearling Sales

He knows how to count alright, crooked as a dogs hind leg. I suppose with his mate Gary Woodham who calls the little squealer his grasshopper he thinks he’s got a free ride but he’s as thick as pigshit and just a matter of time till he pisses off the wrong people 

I’m not sure putting a 15% mark up on a horse would qualify someone as being as crooked as a dogs hind leg.   If he is running it as a business to make some money I say good on him.  15% mark up in business is by no means excessive. 

1 hour ago, kilcoyne said:

50 shares at $250 per share = $12,500. Each share. $12,500 multiplied by 10 = $125,000.  Purchase price was $95,000 if you add 15% GST that comes to $109, 250 total. Winfall of $15,750 profit for the person who runs Off and Racing. WTF. Time to go back to school Junior and learn how to count or are the earphones in your ears blocking out the instructions your teacher taught you

You, plus a few others seem to have the time to post rubbish on here but not the time to flick me a message for the right information? Just like the "journalist" who wrote that article hasn't either.

There's a lot more costs involved at the Sales than just GST. But you seem to know it all so I'm surprised you forgot about the following costs....

I'll list a few for you, Transport, Vet Check, Scoping, Race Series Entry, Insurance, add to that the first month of breaking in costs, horse covers x 3, hobbles, bridles, head stalls.

No "Winfall" here, plus we've only taken a small share not the whole horse so your maths is interesting.

Also we don't charge any extra on top of those sale costs, only a monthly management fee 👍 

Maybe you could give it a try one day rather than believe the lies and rubbish - flick me a email and I'll see if I can fit you in. Unfortunately that Syndicate is fully subscribed already so you'll need to wait for the next one.

45 minutes ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

You, plus a few others seem to have the time to post rubbish on here but not the time to flick me a message for the right information? Just like the "journalist" who wrote that article hasn't either.

There's a lot more costs involved at the Sales than just GST. But you seem to know it all so I'm surprised you forgot about the following costs....

I'll list a few for you, Transport, Vet Check, Scoping, Race Series Entry, Insurance, add to that the first month of breaking in costs, horse covers x 3, hobbles, bridles, head stalls.

No "Winfall" here, plus we've only taken a small share not the whole horse so your maths is interesting.

Also we don't charge any extra on top of those sale costs, only a monthly management fee 👍 

Maybe you could give it a try one day rather than believe the lies and rubbish - flick me a email and I'll see if I can fit you in. Unfortunately that Syndicate is fully subscribed already so you'll need to wait for the next one.

How's your syndication going with that unregistered horse!,

Personally I would advise to stay well away from any syndication the canary is involved with.

7 hours ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

I have been "doing it" long before you were born Harry. 40 odd years before you were even hatched

I can’t believe all these negative posts because Andrew has a gross margin of approximately? $1,500 hundred dollars on the sale price.  That’s a weeks wage for many.  I don’t think he will get rich off that. It’s great he provides an opportunity for people to become involved at the level of an initial $250 payment.  Those people otherwise might not be involved.  If there is one thing we need it’s more people involved in the industry.   The thought that making $1500 gross margin is somehow a rip off is ludicrous to me.

4 hours ago, lamour said:

I can’t believe all these negative posts because Andrew has a gross margin of approximately? $1,500 hundred dollars on the sale price.  That’s a weeks wage for many.  I don’t think he will get rich off that. It’s great he provides an opportunity for people to become involved at the level of an initial $250 payment.  Those people otherwise might not be involved.  If there is one thing we need it’s more people involved in the industry.   The thought that making $1500 gross margin is somehow a rip off is ludicrous to me.

Does he not continue to make money off these owners by inflating their bills?

Where the trainers actually do all the hard work and earn the money they work for?

21 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Does he not continue to make money off these owners by inflating their bills?

Where the trainers actually do all the hard work and earn the money they work for?

Trainers are just that Dynamite, trainers.  The last thing they want is to be communicating with and invoicing out 50 owners for one horse. No doubt Andrew makes something on the weekly payments but it’s not for nothing.  He will be communicating with them and carrying out the necessary admin.   If he makes some money for himself along the way good on him, there is nothing wrong with that unless you subscribe to the communist theory of economics lol. At the end of the day people who join the syndicate know what payments they are up for and obviously are happy to accept that. He is providing a service for people who want to be involved in ownership but don’t have the resources to participate at a higher level of financial commitment.

On 2/21/2023 at 11:51 AM, JJ Flash said:

NZB will no doubt charge vendor a passing fee and so they should. The solution IMO lies with a live no reserve auction combined with current Gavelhouse arrangement where those who don't want to go the no reserve route can set their own price.

Gonna be  a slog for the next 2 days unless your in the top 40 or so lots. Ill also predict that many of the buyers will say they bought the top filly/colt of the sale. Happens every year 

Well done to NZB Standardbreds for the changes outlined below below. They did the same to TB's a few years back and it has enhanced their sales. IMO

Changes have been agreed to for the 2024 NZB Standardbred National Yearling Sale at Karaka and Christchurch.

The trotting-only yearling sale will not be held in Christchurch next year. Instead the trotters will be combined with the pacing yearlings, as is the case in Auckland.

A Parade and Inspection day will also now be held at both venues on the day before the sales start. These have been a regular part of previous sales but did not feature this month.

“We have the overarching structure in place (for 2024 and beyond) and obviously will be having more discussion on the dates and details before locking everything into place, “ said NZB's Director of Operations, James Jennings

The changes have been prompted mainly by last week's Trotting sale in Christchurch where there was a clearance rate of 52 per cent, an average price of $33,694 and a median price of $19,000.

New Zealand Standardbred Breeders Association (NZSBA) Executive Manager John Mooney supports the decision to do away with the trotters-only sale.

"For the sale 75 trotting yearlings were catalogued, 67 presented, of which only 36 sold, 20 for under $20,000. Another poor result. This is not the best use of one-third of the three days of selling time at Christchurch.

“Everyone will have views as to why the trotting sale was a less than optimal result, despite some individual outstanding results. The time has come to try something new, and the sales company has made its decision.

Overall, after four days of sales in Auckland and Christchurch, the total turnover was $13,336,000 with an average of $50,901, a median price of $39,000 and a clearance rate of 69 percent.

This year around 400 yearlings were offered up, that number will decline under the new system.

"There were a number of yearlings whose pedigree and type, coupled with low-price expectation of the vendor, did not warrant being at a national yearling sale," says Jennings.

So what happens to those yearlings who miss the cut?

“We will select the sales catalogues and those with yearlings found to be lacking the type and quality will be encouraged to seek other viable options for selling their horses, such as Gavelhouse."

Final details, including the dates of next year's sales at Auckland and Christchurch, have yet to be confirmed, and will only be released after further discussions between NZB, vendors and the NZSBA.