RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Livamol Re-scheduled

LIVAMOL CLASSIC RESCHEDULED FOR HASTINGS ON OCTOBER 22

The Group I Livamol Classic will be run at Hastings on Sunday, October 22.

The $250,000 weight-for-age 2040m race will be the high point of a reconstructed premier meeting, which will also include the Group III Red Badge Spring Sprint (1400m).

The Livamol and the Spring Sprint were among the five races lost when the premier meeting at Hastings was abandoned last Saturday.

The upside for the industry is that the new Hastings meeting will be part of a bumper Labour weekend for punters.

The Labour weekend Saturday will feature the Group III Sweynesse Stakes and listed Jakkalberry Classic at Rotorua, the Group III John Grigg Stakes at Ashburton and the Caulfield Cup meeting in Melbourne, while the Group II Sarten Memorial will headline the Labour Monday meeting at Te Rapa.

The Hastings meeting will be run by Hawke’s Bay Racing and replaces the meeting originally scheduled for Otaki on the same day. An inspection of the Otaki track on Monday found that it was unlikely to be fit for racing at Labour weekend.

The Hastings programme will be similar to that originally scheduled for Otaki, apart from the addition of the Livamol.

The $70,000 Red Badge Spring Sprint will replace the open 1200m and there will be stake increases for three other races. The rating 85 2100m will increase from $30,000 to $40,000, as will the rating 85 1600m and the rating 75 1400m will be raised from $25,000 to $40,000.

The balance of the programme will comprise a rating 65 2100m, a Pearl Series rating 65 1600m, a rating 65 1200m and a maiden 1600m.

NZTR has also announced that there will be a $200 compensation payment made to the owners of each of the 62 horses who missed a start at Hastings and that all fees, including the early payments, will be refunded for the horses who were final acceptors for the Livamol.

New entries will be taken for the Livamol on Tuesday, October 17.

“We believe that this has been the best possible outcome, following the disappointment we all felt on Saturday afternoon,” Hawke’s Bay Racing Chief Executive Butch Castles said.

NZTR would like to acknowledge the assistance and co-operation of Hawke’s Bay Racing, Racing Rotorua, the Otaki-Maori Racing Club, race sponsor Livamol and the New Zealand Pattern Committee, which has enabled two significant group races to be retained.

Goodness.  Isn't that a bit unusual for a club to be saying that far out that their track is unlikely to be fit for racing? .... bet a few people who have had their horses turned away from various venues on race-day due to unfit tracks wish their clubs had possessed such a magnificent crystal ball ........  maybe Otaki could hire it out? :P  

Has been awful wet down there Ted ...  must be in a bad state to can it eh ... are they doing remedial work on the track - or is it simply just too waterlogged and they're waiting for it to dry out?  

Cheers, J

1 hour ago, hesi said:

From what I can see, this is a totally new meeting, so you have to hand it to NZTR and the HB club for the innovative thinking, that's the way it should be

The Hastings meeting will be run by Hawke’s Bay Racing and replaces the meeting originally scheduled for Otaki on the same day. An inspection of the Otaki track on Monday found that it was unlikely to be fit for racing at Labour weekend.

The Hastings programme will be similar to that originally scheduled for Otaki, apart from the addition of the Livamol.

Good to see the races rescheduled as the industry cant afford to lose these races. Now how and what do they do to make the track safe, then do they follow NZTR policy as regards to have jumpouts or trials around the track before it is cleared to race on. Mr Castles was all about following NZTR policy before the meeting, now does that go out the window.

23 hours ago, turny said:

Disgraceful decision should have been at Ruakaka

Why not Gisborne? It's on the East Coast too. I have never seen a meeting cancelled there, whether it's fine or wet and they once always race in Spring - September to be correct. 

03 Oct 17 10:31   O  
962 Futures Win
  FPW   Multi   $20.00   21 Bonneval @$5.00   $20.00   21 Oct 17

988 Futures Win
  FPW           26 @$2.00        
        ALL 2 TO WIN $200.00      

I put a $20 multi on Gingernuts in the Livermol into Bonneval in the Caulfield Cup... whats up?...does it stand?  is it live? With Re Scheduled Livermol?

On 10/10/2017 at 9:15 PM, porky said:
03 Oct 17 10:31   O  
962 Futures Win
  FPW   Multi   $20.00   21 Bonneval @$5.00   $20.00   21 Oct 17

988 Futures Win
  FPW           26 @$2.00        
        ALL 2 TO WIN $200.00      

I put a $20 multi on Gingernuts in the Livermol into Bonneval in the Caulfield Cup... whats up?...does it stand?  is it live? With Re Scheduled Livermol?

On 10/11/2017 at 6:59 AM, rdytdy said:

I believe the Livamol option is voided as the race was not run on the scheduled day or within 48 hours of that scheduled day. Therefore the only part left alive is $20.00 on Bonneval @ $5.00 giving a $100.00 return if she wins. 

INTERESTING SCENARIO

SO ANY LIVERMOL OPTION VOIDED... PLEASE CONFIRM (ANY OTHER OPTION LIVE)

I DO BELIEVE YOU TED ! ... JUST MAKING SURE.

I had an early (couple of months before the race) speculative fixed odds futures bet on Charles Road in the Livamol.  He didn't perform well leading up to the race and wasn't in the final field, however my fixed odds future bet was refunded.  This suggests all bets were voided.