RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
THE TORCH

Noble Warrior

He is a nice horse Torch, and won 2 races really well at the National Meeting with the Magic Man on top. His win today was no surprise and had there been more give in the ground last week I think he would have finished closer. A nice horse. Just cannot believe the price today but I guess they lengthen out when NZs premier Jock isn't on top.

He is a nice horse Torch, and won 2 races really well at the National Meeting with the Magic Man on top. His win today was no surprise and had there been more give in the ground last week I think he would have finished closer. A nice horse. Just cannot believe the price today but I guess they lengthen out when NZs premier Jock isn't on top.

Nothing wrong with Rogan - especially when he makes Innes pack a sook over Veyron. Yes I know NB is a good horse - he cost me plenty at Hokitika this year lol. Ran with credit in Australia too.

What a tough honest horse.First win in 31 starts on a good track two trips to CHCH since August can win carrying 61 kegs too gotta love it!Did nt back him but cheered NB home nice to see owner/trainers that work other jobs so they can follow their true passion brilliant!

A fantastic win! So honest and deserves a good one.

Been down at Cup week but couldn't get near them down there - should shut up a few of those South Island racing critics.

Firstly congratulations to connections.

To be fair Torch one could hardly call him honest. His last North Island win was at Rotorua in October 2012. He has won three races since then, all in the South Island with all of those wins coming on heavy tracks. After finishing 11th of twelve on the first day at Riccarton and then 15th of eighteen and 27 lengths from the winner last week he deserved to be at $60 odd dollars. 

Mind you today was the poorest Counties Cup field that I can recall seeing.

Rogans First win this season? He is the man for controlling tempo and did a good job here facing the breeze,would of been good to hear some 600 sections today a few must of been sub 34, bellino in the first was impressive,I see they posted 2.13.3 in a race which started closer to the 600. I'd say 2.16 at best

Former Feilding trainer, Don Grubb, had a horse in training called Monastic. I'm sure it was in work for 2 years. Won quite a few races! Older horses can manage it but 2 yo's can't. If you race a 2 yo 10 or more times usually they are gonna's by the time they finish a 3yo season - if they make it that far !

Thought you were being sarcsatic, but yep 41st up, campaign started on 8 Sept 2012, $290K in the kitty, that's about 11 grand a month, collected a cheque 28 out of those 41starts, no training fees, beats working.

Makes Sir Slick look like a fair ground pony 

The big difference between her and Sir Slick is residual value.

She has raced 20 times in the past 12 months and earned stakes of $80k. Not too bad however she won a Group 2 race three years ago and was placed in a couple of Group 1 races in the six months following that.  Could she have earned more as a broodmare?  What impact does excessive racing have on a broodmare?

Or for some reason is she not able to have foals?

THE ONE BID DIFFERENCE.that has not been mentioned in the huge turnaround in form is the track that was dished up in the NZ Cup and the Counties Cup and there is the reason for the form turnaround.

So well done to our near neighbours for keeping the faith in there Warrior.

THE ONE BID DIFFERENCE.that has not been mentioned in the huge turnaround in form is the track that was dished up in the NZ Cup and the Counties Cup and there is the reason for the form turnaround.

So well done to our near neighbours for keeping the faith in there Warrior.

His form on the first day at Riccarton on a perfect track was the same as Cup Day ending up at the back end second last.

Comparing apples with apples, he finished 22.5 lengths behind Postmans Daughter last week and beats her by 2.5 lengths this week, a 25 length turn around.

The incredible thing to me was that no questions were asked by the stipes in regard to the form reversal by Noble Warrior.

According to the Sunday-Star Times Tana Shaw stated the horse had been sore down South after working in an unfamiliar saddle which rubbed on his wither and when they got home found he was sore through the shoulders.

This raises another question whether this should have been reported to the stewards.

But really, questions should have been asked by sthe stipes in fairness to the punters out there. They would have been in Australia.

Good call Ted

A horse which had never won on a good track before in 30 starts, and as you say the track for the NZ Cup was potentially better for him than at Avondale (a couple of us had backed him at odds in the NZ Cup as cover in case the rain came...)

That no question was asked is pretty amazing...

Potentially midget but first and foremost the race was controlled from the front. Norvalls the handbrake king (they should call him the pied piper) and should be booked for most leaders,particularly good at rating 2.06 2000m wfa races.get on over ellerslie Xmas carnival