RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Friend Family

The Whale's ROI 2024 ....has there ever been a better tipster!

The greatest harness tipster of all time Craig 'The Whale' Thompson is breaking the mould again this year.

His ROI this year so far this year per $100 FF win investment is + $3,400.00 .....and we are only in Feb.

Has there ever been a better tipster? .....and for the Naysayers that bagged him when this topic was raised a year ago saying ....'He only tips favs ....anyone can do that' .....well 'hear ye hear ye ....last night at Addington he tipped a $15.00 winner (Whos Queen) and made a great case for WHY it would win so please don't say he's a fav tipper'.

Long live the Whale ....and Iv'e got 3,400 reasons to pump up his tyres.....he is a champion tipster.

FF.

Wasn't it great to see the BIG FISH nail yet another big weekend with nice-priced winners like ...

***Peraki Reackor $7.60

*** Cold Chisel $3.30

*** Double Jeopardy $3.20

*** Sweet Diamond $2.80  .....amongst others.

Takes his ROI this year to + $4,500.00 per $100 invested !!!   ......my god I hope Harness Racing NZ never bans whaling like some other countries have done as they would be taking all the cream off our pavlova and we simply can't have that.

Long live the WHALE .....you just keep lining our pockets BIG BOY.....we love you.

FF.

Well at least Iraklis and Steelo found that remark funny 😅 .....whereas I just found it 'sad' 😭 ... as jealousy is a terrible thing and you have a double scoop of it Flasher.

I bet you wish you could select winners like the big man does .....but you can't even acknowledge his superlative performances at the track so you should really crawl back down your hole ....or better still go to Countdown and FLASH to the other RATS in there.....they will laugh their heads off at you as well. 🤣🤣😂😂.

Go on Flasher .....get down to Countdown to purchase another double scoop of JEALOUSY 😄😄😄.

Long live the WHALE....!!!!

FF.

52 minutes ago, MisterEd said:

The whales blow hole has broken loose.

Ahhhhhhh ED ......I just love winding this lot up .....half of them don't even punt.....and having a good laugh is good for the body and soul. 😅.

Mind you ....they could do a lot worse than subscribe to the WHALE's website and make some money.

Long live the WHALE.

FF.

1 hour ago, Idolmite said:

How did Whale ever select that Peraki Reactor at $7.60? I chucked it in the third leg of my treble, but Whale didn't help me into the 45-1 shot in the first leg. 

Idolmite ......he's thrown out a couple of 20/1 pops this year but 45/1 is stretching it a bit haha!

He made a very good case for Peraki Reactor though as you know.....and I'm sure Palliser and the Flasher got on and took their respective loved ones out to dinner at a slap-up restaurant whilst singing the WHALE song haha!🤣.

Whaling will never be banned in harness racing.

FF.

1 hour ago, Friend Family said:

Whaling will never be banned in harness racing.

Whaling is banned in Nz from 1978 in Nz waters , so I assume that includes Harness racing ? 😂😉

Mate .. you are throwing around a 'Jealousy comment' but alas that is Not the case , and an incorrect word for what the situation is.

People can pick what they like and who the hell is 'Jealous' of other people's selections? that's a load of rubbish.

You are happy to back the Whales selections so good for you,  but no good shooting down the critical comment form posters who have seen many of his tips Not go Close at all .  

I laugh every race , at the expert analysis given . they (tippers)  often go different ways and that's great . gives us plenty of variety and good odds.

myself, I could of nailed the treble of Speak The Truth- Hi MynameisJeff and Frankie Ferocious (@ 250-1) for example in the 3 Group 1's at Menangle ... but others mightened because they're scared of barrier draws. My reasoning is they'll win from any barrier at the start if driven with the Will To Win and put in the race. They all went forward at the start and won. Harness racing is a lot more 'True To Form' than gallops as the best ones go forward , where as the gallopers look for a sit , and ride for luck sometimes. 

Most big races are Won from up in front at the harness racing , especially now they have done away with handicaps in the features. Didn't see King Of Swing, Copy That and Sundee's Son and lately Leap To Fame and Swayzee for example...... coming from back in the field in the features . Easier to pick than gallops anyway.  

Steelo .....you were one of the toughest to ever race in the southern hemisphere .....and you ALWAYS put yourself in the race .....usually outside the leader grinding them into the ground.

Putting my 'hard earned' on you was always a pleasure ....and often a lucrative result.

As for whaling in NZ ....yes I knew that ...it was a throw away comment with tongue firmly in cheek mate.

Long line Pure Steel and the Whale.

FF.

7 hours ago, Friend Family said:

A lot of well priced runners-up though Keneperu....and all punters have 'outs' as you would know if indeed your a punter?

His ROI is fantastic this year ..... but if you see fit to 'bag' him then thats your prerogative.

FF.

I prefer to go on previous years stats and his roi for last year was in the dog box. He might have a good start for a month but twelve months later will tell the true story. 

6 hours ago, MisterEd said:

I prefer to go on previous years stats and his roi for last year was in the dog box. He might have a good start for a month but twelve months later will tell the true story. 

F.F is talking rubbish, just making it up, not sure why it's in bold print as well haha. All of his tips and I mean 90% on the Whale Watch fail miserably, and that is a fact we have all seen.

7 hours ago, Palliser said:

F.F is talking rubbish, just making it up, not sure why it's in bold print as well haha. All of his tips and I mean 90% on the Whale Watch fail miserably, and that is a fact we have all seen.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Palliser ....your an EGG and everyone knows that. 🤕.

My figures are 100% accurate .....have you done his ROI this year? ....because you probably don't know how to calculate a ROI .....I have booked you into the Ponsonby school of BASIC maths so you can learn OK and your first class is Tuesday at 10.30am ......on arrival just announce yourself as the EGG from Race Cafe as they will be expecting you.

You seem to take great delight in 'bagging' other people and you even said on the thoroughbred thread that Cameron George is a 'waste of space' and 'good riddance' to him when he has achieved more than you ever will in your lifetime!

So why don't you just toddle off to the kitchen .....beat yourself up and make a nice omlette OK .....and then have your hot toddy and jump into bed OK as its way past your bed time.

Maybe tomorrow you will look for the 'good' in people and that will help you enjoy life more... but in the meantime you calculate the Whale's ROI and you will see my figures are 100% correct....and not 'rubbish' as you quoted.

FF.

On 3/9/2024 at 10:41 PM, Friend Family said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Palliser ....your an EGG and everyone knows that. 🤕.

My figures are 100% accurate .....have you done his ROI this year? ....because you probably don't know how to calculate a ROI .....I have booked you into the Ponsonby school of BASIC maths so you can learn OK and your first class is Tuesday at 10.30am ......on arrival just announce yourself as the EGG from Race Cafe as they will be expecting you.

You seem to take great delight in 'bagging' other people and you even said on the thoroughbred thread that Cameron George is a 'waste of space' and 'good riddance' to him when he has achieved more than you ever will in your lifetime!

So why don't you just toddle off to the kitchen .....beat yourself up and make a nice omlette OK .....and then have your hot toddy and jump into bed OK as its way past your bed time.

Maybe tomorrow you will look for the 'good' in people and that will help you enjoy life more... but in the meantime you calculate the Whale's ROI and you will see my figures are 100% correct....and not 'rubbish' as you quoted.

FF.

I will try one more time with you, then give up. I'm not going to argue with the ROI figure you pulled from God knows where. My whole point is the waste of time Whale Watch segment he has on Trackside, if he was so good how come his BOD, Value, and each way tips rarely and I mean really rarely pay a dividend. More often than not they are paying peanuts and he still manages to get them beat. Someone did a calculation of last year's tips and the result was a huge negative.

So what value is that to Trackside viewers ??? .. they keep saying he is an expert tipster, but he clearly is not. And what use is the average punter going to do with $1.30 odds thrown out anyway ?? Remember I am alluding to his Trackside segment which is a farce, I don't care about his tipping line which would be a waste of money as many have attested. Try and be sensible with your answer if possible.

Palliser  Palliser  Palliser  .....I won't give you anything except a 'sensible' and 'factual' answer .....and then give up on you.

You stated he tips out $1.30 pops on TV....when nothing could be further from the truth so once again you are the one pulling these stats out of your ar$e !!!

So listen up Palliser .....these were his TV tips prices last week....

(1) Cambridge Thurs.... $2.40   $7.50   $6.50

(2) Westport Friday ..... $4.80   $6.50   $5.50

(3) Auckland Friday .... $4.20   $6.50   $2.00

(4) Invercargill Sat ....   $3.00    $2.00   $6.50

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So those are the FACTS and not a $1.30 pop amongst them....

Now maybe .....just maybe you will take a step down the ladder....get to the kitchen and 'hard boil' yourself OK.....and no soldiers to dunk either Palliser OK 😋.

We will now close this subject if that's OK with you as Iv'e got more to do with my time than read your terrible inaccurate comments about the GIANT of all tipsters .....the WHALE.

I rest my case .....and you have a good weekend OK.

FF.

2 minutes ago, Friend Family said:

Palliser  Palliser  Palliser  .....I won't give you anything except a 'sensible' and 'factual' answer .....and then give up on you.

You stated he tips out $1.30 pops on TV....when nothing could be further from the truth so once again you are the one pulling these stats out of your ar$e !!!

So listen up Palliser .....these were his TV tips prices last week....

(1) Cambridge Thurs.... $2.40   $7.50   $6.50

(2) Westport Friday ..... $4.80   $6.50   $5.50

(3) Auckland Friday .... $4.20   $6.50   $2.00

(4) Invercargill Sat ....   $3.00    $2.00   $6.50

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So those are the FACTS and not a $1.30 pop amongst them....

Now maybe .....just maybe you will take a step down the ladder....get to the kitchen and 'hard boil' yourself OK.....and no soldiers to dunk either Palliser OK 😋.

We will now close this subject if that's OK with you as Iv'e got more to do with my time than read your terrible inaccurate comments about the GIANT of all tipsters .....the WHALE.

I rest my case .....and you have a good weekend OK.

FF.

But they nearly all lost, that's my point he's no better than anyone else, so Trackside need to stop touting him as an expert tipster. It is hugely misleading