RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Zak Hussai

Remutaka Classic

The Remutaka Classic is the first of these new innovation races being bought in by Entain and judging by the field on Saturday this looks to be well received as well but to be fair it should be for a stake of $350,000. There are going to people knocking it but I feel it shouldn't be. Don't try to knock someone who is trying to improve something to help out the industry. We have seen especially in NSW how well these types of races have been taken on board and how successful they have been. Yes all of these might not work but those that will will be around for a long time (I hope). Great to the Southern representation strongly in the race too - 4 plus 1 emergency. 

I have a question - do you think the 6 horses that got the golden ticket should all be on the same weight? 

Hopefully when we have these new barriers sussed out it means this field can be a bit bigger. 

Thoughts??

It was too good for us, as we didn't make the field.

Having said that, as the rains haven't come, it doesn't really matter.

However we have lived the dream since 4 November when we bolted in at Trentham by 3.5 lengths, easing down.

I hope that it is a great race and it has a long future.

50 years ago (when starting out as a owner) I/we nominated our maiden for the Stewards Hcp at Riccarton!!!!
I guess that it’s a little bit the same. 
Racing is a game of dreams.  
After all Joan and I have just invested (a small amount) in a filly from the MM to be trained Gerald Ryan. 
Yes we will be back there in January!!!!

12 hours ago, say no more said:

Still at Trentham but a different race.

#21 in the Wellington Cup.  Nine start maiden with only two 3rd placings and it makes the Wellington Cup field.   

5th on the ballot so unlikely to start but how does it even make the field?

Didn't that horse of Peter Lock's start as a maiden last year? Can't remember its name.

4 minutes ago, PeteL said:

Didn't that horse of Peter Lock's start as a maiden last year? Can't remember its name.

Yes just had a look back at that - Wilewink, ran 7th.  Had around 10 placings before the Cup including a placing in the Chalmers.  

I have a vague memory from a number of years back where a new trainer entered a couple of clearly under qualified horses in some big races (both on the same day) and the club withdrew them.  Might also have been Trentham but my memory is not that good.