With nearly 600 yearlings in "Book 1" its slightly diff to the old Premier book 5 years ago isn't it. 150 odd book 2 yearlings have been upgraded.
But yeah if I was selling a few in Book 2 I'd be worried!!
In Hong Kong where it is not unusual to have HK$100,000,000 bet on most races - the quinella is the most popular option - they have quinella and place quinella where your two picks have to run 1,2 or 3
She visited these places after first getting mild symptoms on 15th 🤔
• FreshChoice Ruakaka - January 14 - 3.03pm-4.33pm
• Aesthetic Clothing Store - January 15 - 8.48am-9.53am
• Noel Leeming Whangarei - January 15 - 9.02am-10.12am
• Bendon Whangarei - January 15 - 9.03am-10.30am
• The Warehouse Whangarei - January 15 - 9.28am-10.58am
• Flaming Fires - January 15 - 10.24am-11.34am
• Whangarei and Kamo Testing Stations - January 15 - 10.40am-11.45am
• Bed Bath and Beyond Whangarei - January 15 - 10.54am-12.04pm
• Fat Camel Cafe - January 15 - 11.34am-1.34pm
• Parua Bay Tavern - January 15 - 3.20pm-5.20pm
• Bream Bay Butchers Ruakaka - January 16 - 11.02am-12.07pm
• Ruakaka General Store - January 16 - 11.08am-12.10pm
• FreshChoice Ruakaka - January 16 - 11.10am-12.15pm
• Urban Remedy Cafe - January 17 - 8.17am-9.47am
• Joseph Taylor Homewares - January 17 - 2.08pm-3.18pm
• Eutopia Cafe - January 18 - 8.55am-10.55am
• Maungaturoto 2nd hand shop - January 18 - 10.06am-11.36am
• Maungaturoto Four Square - January 18 - 10.44am-11.49am
• White Rock Gallery - January 18 - 11.15am-12.24pm
• The Kauri Museum - January 18 - 11.21am-3.21pm
• Gumdiggers Cafe Matakohe - January 18 - 12:39 pm - 2:39 pm
• The Dune Restaurant & Bar - 18 January - 4.47pm-7.17pm
• Kaipara Coast Plant Centre & Sculpture Gardens - January 19 - 11.04am-1.04pm
• The Ville Turkish Cafe Helensville - January 19 - 1.08pm-2.38pm
• Countdown Helensville - January 19 - 1.46pm-3.01pm
• Super Liquor Helensville - January 19 - 2.03pm-3.08pm
• South Head General Store - January 19 - 2.44pm-3.49pm
• Macnut Cafe Helensville - January 21 - 10.20am-11.50am
• Orrs Unichem Pharmacy Ruakaka - January 22 - 11.21am-12.26pm
We're never going to know are we. Actually I thought the filly was closing the gap ever so slightly in the last few strides but the post is where it all matters. Good horses and good racing all the same.
The Husband and two close contacts of the 56 yr old woman have tested negative for Sars Cov 2 🙄 after she tested negative twice before leaving poorly managed isolation ... this is a highly Contagious deadly virus that now has ‘variants’ that are 70% more infectious and deadly....she travelled around Europe for months and through Spain of all places with other members of her family and they are still alive , she gets back to the ‘safest place on earth and gets COVID 😜
Shortly before the New York Times article was published, the CDC revised its COVID-19 test recommendations, saying that only syptomatic patients should be tested. The media went insane, and Dr. Fauci went all over television saying he was not part of the decision to change the testing standards:
So, of course, the Mendacious Midget™ had spoken, and the guidelines went back to testing everyone, all the time, with an oversensitive test.
The idea that asymptomatic spread was a concern as of August was just one of many lies Dr. Fauci told. At the beginning of the pandemic in late January, he said:
There is not a single study or meta-analysis that differs from Fauci’s original assessment.
Good to see the TAB come to the party re BGP - I think it has taken the TAB a while to get fully on board, but they got there.
The TAB quite rightly looks after it's best customers - they have joined this group and are perhaps the key positive in the industry right now (and I am not a member)
And the introductory special promotion already has received better coverage/cut-through than any other advertising re the introduction of FO Quinellas.
Smart work by the TAB getting this exposure !
Quinella is a popular bet option.
When Chris Rutten selects and buys a Savabeel colt lot 194, out of a group one winner and the stud has given the colt the number 8 brand for $120,000 , you know the sale is struggling.
Chris could not believe his "luck".
Yep, I'm sure the vendors of the unsold and bottom half of the draft will be delighted about the "bargains"! Using the "average" as a reflection of how the Sale has gone is not that valid when there are a couple of aberrant sales at the top end IMO.
As for the NZB guy, of course they are going to talk it up just like any horse, house or car salesman!
Let's just wait for tomorrow but all I know is that Day One results were not of Book One standard from my recollection of sales over the last several decades.
Pre-race blood testing was carried out.
Routine alcohol testing of drivers was carried out prior to racing with horsemen B Butt and B Orange both providing results in excess of the permitted level. Both drivers were consequently stood down from their engagements. Information's were filed with the JCA and adjourned.
The average was only down $5k and percentage sold is similar to last year after Day One. The NZB guy I saw interviewed said most people are saying the quality is better in day 2 & 3 --that could be just sales talk, but we will see.
Given the problems of people getting to NZ etc. I think it is going OK. Having said that there were some bargains to be had eg. Te Akau picked a nice Belardo colt (Lot 118) for $40k
While the owners and managers of RaceCafe endeavour to moderate and control the site and posts on it, they give no guarantee that posts are true and correct, and take no responsibility whatsoever for what individuals post on the site.
Posts do not necessarily reflect the sentiments, views or beliefs of Race Cafe or its owners and management.
The owners and managers of RaceCafe reserve the right to remove posts from the site and to provide details of members whose posts warrant scrutiny.