RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
kurious

NEW POLL - greyhound racing here to stay? vote closes 2/01/2023

Is greyhound racing here to stay? vote closes 2/01/2023 12:00am  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Greyhound racing here to stay?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2023 at 02:00 PM

28 minutes ago, Rules For Some said:

7 dogs euthanised in 12 months? 10 horses euthanised in the same period? 

Thats a strange thing to hate greyhound racing over? More dogs race for less serious injuries now!

Not saying the injuries do not exist, because they do in all forms of racing. Greyhounds are just a bit more easily spotted than the thouroubred injuries

As for Kurious, hes clearly massively biased. Blind id say 🤣

I support greyhound racing, & racing will continue regardless of how many anti there are. its a losing battle for them.   

14 minutes ago, Zak Hussai said:

I give up with you. Everyone on here hates you, just saying.

oh you hurt my feelings HAHA..  It's good to know majority of the poll are anti racing. those accounts should be IP suspended. maybe we need to start cleaning up this site.

(ANTI PROOF) :) 

5 hours ago, kurious said:

oh you hurt my feelings HAHA..  It's good to know majority of the poll are anti racing. those accounts should be IP suspended. maybe we need to start cleaning up this site.

(ANTI PROOF) :) 

I have been made aware of your personal private attacks.... either stop or yes I WILL clean up the site starting with you...cheers...please just keep the discussion clean and not attack each other...thanks.

Zak please also refrain from the personal stuff...its not needed...if it does not stop then both of you will be on notice...this forum has gone on for a long time with no issues so please be respectful of all views even if they differ from yours...my opinion is Greyhound racing is cruel for some of the ways dogs are taught to chase...but thats my view and I am allowed to have that view.

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Zak please also refrain from the personal stuff...its not needed...if it does not stop then both of you will be on notice...this forum has gone on for a long time with no issues so please be respectful of all views even if they differ from yours...my opinion is Greyhound racing is cruel for some of the ways dogs are taught to chase...but thats my view and I am allowed to have that view.

Dogs chase white fluff around a bull ring? Whats cruel about that. Alot less cruel the countless whipping of a horse to break it in 

26 minutes ago, Rules For Some said:

Dogs chase white fluff around a bull ring? Whats cruel about that. Alot less cruel the countless whipping of a horse to break it in 

i hate to say it but i agree with you

26 minutes ago, Rules For Some said:

Haha yeah right...more than fluff...you know that too...As I said my opinion the it or leave it.

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

I have been made aware of your personal private attacks.... either stop or yes I WILL clean up the site starting with you...cheers...please just keep the discussion clean and not attack each other...thanks.

sheriff badge - noted & ae to that 😇 

9 hours ago, kurious said:

I support greyhound racing, & racing will continue regardless of how many anti there are. its a losing battle for them.   

What do you do to support it other than 'nut off' on a website in another country to where you live?

And since when did you become the person that decides "racing will continue regardless" in a another country to where you live?

56 minutes ago, Idolmite said:

What do you do to support it other than 'nut off' on a website in another country to where you live?

And since when did you become the person that decides "racing will continue regardless" in a another country to where you live?

We beat the first attempt we will beat the second 😊 idol mite it’s a slam dunk 

2 minutes ago, kurious said:

We beat the first attempt we will beat the second 😊 idol mite it’s a slam dunk 

Who is this "we" you speak of?

Your response bears no resemblance whatsoever to the questions I asked you......... 

12 hours ago, Rules For Some said:

Quite a few in foxton/Levin area all sell 90% horse 10% beef at a discounted price from 100% beef. Most of the trainers i know in the area feed this mix.

In terms of tracking of horses from start to finish, record completedness etc. Its not their yet in the thouroubreds where it is in greyhounds. I admittingly dont know about inspections of the housing of horses.

Names please, as I want to look into it for peace of mind, truth or otherwise.

3 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Haha yeah right...more than fluff...you know that too...As I said my opinion the it or leave it.

It was always a very small marginalised group doing this. Hopefully none are now. Its neither needed or wanted when breaking a dog in. Barbaric practice from days past.

Ive never personally understood why people have used live animals on their dogs. And ive had alot of success in days past when i was heavily involved without them. 

On 12/30/2022 at 7:41 PM, Insider said:

Hopefully it is, as I am sick and tired of the continuous greyhound races, all hours of the day and night from all over Australia and to a lessor degree NZs.

The TAB promotes "responsible gambling" but puts up greyhound crap every 3 minutes from somewhere. 

Gambling on them is no better than on the poker machines, which should also be outlawed.

Just my opinion

Liz

Considering your comments Insider, I'm wondering whether you meant to vote "no" on the poll, instead of "yes?" 

4 hours ago, Rules For Some said:

It was always a very small marginalised group doing this. Hopefully none are now. Its neither needed or wanted when breaking a dog in. Barbaric practice from days past.

Ive never personally understood why people have used live animals on their dogs. And ive had alot of success in days past when i was heavily involved without them. 

I feed all my race dogs HORSE NECK BONES ALL THE TIME every sunday 800gm meaty   :) 

7 hours ago, kurious said:

I feed all my race dogs HORSE NECK BONES ALL THE TIME every sunday 800gm meaty   :) 

I am talking about Live Baiting here, not feeding horse meat to dogs. Its too lean for my liking but its no worse than beef or kangaroo.

A simple search of horse meat for dogs will reveal all to anyone who doesnt believe me. Most trainers in the CD and up North still use horse meat.

15 hours ago, Idolmite said:

You don't answer questions well do you. Just another truth avoider. 

I'm forever spelling out who "we" are, what happened in 2016 - Mike Baird saga

absolutely back fired big time - thanks to our strong team 

time to invest & help the fellow kiwis fight the similar battle.

4 minutes ago, kurious said:

I'm forever spelling out who "we" are, what happened in 2016 - Mike Baird saga

absolutely back fired big time - thanks to our strong team 

time to invest & help the fellow kiwis fight the similar battle.

so you'll be living over here by the end of the month?

12 hours ago, Insider said:

Idolmite, that was stupid of me wasn’t it? 

Well it means the vote should have been 11-2, not 10-3. It's closed now, so despite what the Kurious one suggests he's a bit of a lone wolf/voice. Even his fellow puppy supporters don't support his attitude.