RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Hi Cafers, really the current malaise at closing racing when we could have collectively kept it going safely sim to Australia is an indication of the weakness of so called experts employed in all racing to lobby, push for the need to keep a whole industry alive. there will be casualties before its over and not by their own making. Only way is to discuss better days....and hope the clouds lift....one is to compare the greatest races ever.... My top one and maybe many would be 1963 Auckland trotting Cup when the great Cardigan Bay who was cruelly handicapped 78 yards behind.Many knew he was the best horse ever but against the likes of Robin Dundee and vanderford he could struggle. Even Lazarus would struggle as would Terror to love from that handicap. The standing start over 2 miles meant the start plus 78yards was down by a new apartment which hopefully will be opening soon (that's another story) Cardy watched the starters arm and  threw up the track grit as he wheel spun away with a lap to go he made his move around the field with PT Wolfenden holding on down the back hehit the fronthaving spent lot of petrol could he hold on...the roar of estimated 20000 (although pos 50000 have said they were there!) seemed to carry him along to the narrow win.wow I was hooked on trotting that night and I am still addicted  ( these weeks have been worst of my life)… A true story.. :rcfe-happy-2:

John - I was in the very back row of the old public stand as far east as you could get (about 200 yards) from the winning post.     I don't think there was anywhere else I could have squeezed in.      The roar when Wolfie took off I will never forget.    Magic race - magic horse!   

I got hooked on Trotting ,  as it was known then, in the early 70s so didn’t see CB race. Most exciting race I have seen is Lord Modules Alan Matson   win, which ended up being his last start.    The crowd rushed to the birdcage as soon as he crossed the line to see him.    The first horse I loved to see racing was Stella Frost.  A great mare

Oh man I wish I could've seen the mighty Cardy race, the horse that did it for me was the tough, tough mare Delightful Lady, that white harness against the shiny black coat :rcfe-happy-2: cor she was summit else comin round em turnin in at The Park.....hooked from there on.....the amount of times I pestered the hell outta the poor steward on the entrance of the stables so I could get out to there an get photos of her, and a pat and a yak with Dave etc loved it.....

Cheers Iraklis