RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Spikecity

ALL STARS "NOT GOOD FOR THE GAME"-ITS A MYTH

8 hours ago, harewood said:

Why?

The supporters, which I am one, all agree with the post.

Its much more interesting reading all the Anti All Stars posters trying to find ways to pull the stable to bits and try and justify their dislike of successful harness people. Sometimes I wonder why they even bother to watch harness racing and how they manage to get any enjoyment out of it.   

Exactly my thoughts, why do the moaners on here bother to watch and/or participate if they cant get any enjoyment out of it. Could it be their posts mirror their unhappy lives, who knows??

Likewise, have any of their negative posts made one iota of difference in influencing those who run the game. I think not but i'm sure the naysayers will have something to say about that.

10 hours ago, Hunterthepunter said:

stable hands gear up his horses has lot of them well stone face that's guilt blue army owners look like dads army lol

You will find this hard to believe Mark and Nat actually drive them in there work and suggest what gear some of them should wear.

10 hours ago, harewood said:

Why?

Its much more interesting reading all the Anti All Stars posters trying to find ways to pull the stable to bits and try and justify their dislike of successful harness people. Sometimes I wonder why they even bother to watch harness racing and how they manage to get any enjoyment out of it.   

What criteria determines someone as a supporter ?

Were they all canvased before the article went up ?

Was there a reason given re the need for such an article ?

KotareH, I believe SpikeC posted the article on here, copied from The AllStars site, annnndd as such don't believe there needs to be any reason given for the article at all, or for that matter who wrote it.....however you could email Mark or Nat and find out

HappyS, which 'supporters' would you be referring to? owners, and or fans etc? if its fans (supporters in here) am pretty sure most of us who enjoy AllStars and their achievements have voiced our opinions already......

Cheers Iraklis

17 hours ago, harewood said:

Why?

Ok. Glad you agree with it in its entirety and believe there is nothing more to be said.

18 hours ago, harewood said:

Its much more interesting reading all the Anti All Stars posters trying to find ways to pull the stable to bits and try and justify their dislike of successful harness people.

Actually if one reads through this topic there is little anti all stars comment. It was a really interesting article in its content and even why it was written. Provided good debate.

Long Owner made some very good points about the impact on the industry of the All Stars success which is no fault of the All Stars themselves. A couple doubted the enjoyment factor of the owners but Brodie made comment on how they do enjoy it.

Some of us on here like to discuss the state of harness racing. Yes, we have no influence on it as we are not positions of power but we do love the harness game so the petty and personal jibes by some eg the second and third post are the real examples of negativity.

I think just about everyone on this site applauds the success of the All Stars and has said so at some stage, it doesn't mean their impact on the state of harness racing cannot be debated.

Call us what you like, naysayers or moaners, couldn't give a toss but I assure you I have a life like I expect the others do. I suggest you read the posts a bit more closely and take off your blue tinted glasses and join in the debate.

Oh well, maybe putting $1000 on at $1.40 a few times and winning is enough to justify blind loyalty. Who would know?

Cue abusive responses... if I don't like it I can leave, isn't that how it works?

14 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Well put happy, its just a debate  and everyone has their own opinion....just wonder what will happen when all stars shift to Australia permanently with the odd raid back to nz for jewels day :ph34r:

You and a few others on here will probably lament their departure!!!:D:D. And that's entirely your prerogative just as it is for Spike,FTM.KH , Iand H to post positively about their contribution to NZ racing

Guest Hunterthenutter

sooner the better there departure it will put harness racing back on a level playing feild

I admire all successful sportsmen especially champions. Anyone who doesn't admire what the Allstars have achieved has a problem. Some other top trainers I do not respect because of dodgy ways of achieving results (yes I know all about "blue magic", but it was admitted and penalized for). Cran Dalgety for example suddenly importing horses to win the premiership. And although the record book shows he was the leading trainer he wasn't in most peoples eyes. He and the Dunns have multiple drugs charges and I feel will always be looked sideways at. 

Are they good for the game? Time will only tell but as Winx has shown - champions attract people.

Brodie claims they are bad for the game but in the next breathe he wants the TAB giving him free donations (If you can believe his punting prowess).

Horse racing whether harness or the thoroughbreds need heroes and in Mark & Nats combined with their array of champion horses are true heroes and whats more they don't showboat with it.

6 minutes ago, Hunterthepunter said:

sooner the better there departure it will put harness racing back on a level playing feild

You must know something we all don't including the JCA and RIU. Prey tell us more Hunter or are you just another delusional poster with nothing to back up their comments.

6 minutes ago, Spikecity said:

I admire all successful sportsmen especially champions. Anyone who doesn't admire what the Allstars have achieved has a problem. Some other top trainers I do not respect because of dodgy ways of achieving results (yes I know all about "blue magic", but it was admitted and penalized for). Cran Dalgety for example suddenly importing horses to win the premiership. And although the record book shows he was the leading trainer he wasn't in most peoples eyes. He and the Dunns have multiple drugs charges and I feel will always be looked sideways at. 

Are they good for the game? Time will only tell but as Winx has shown - champions attract people.

Brodie claims they are bad for the game but in the next breathe he wants the TAB giving him free donations (If you can believe his punting prowess).

Horse racing whether harness or the thoroughbreds need heroes and in Mark & Nats combined with their array of champion horses are true heroes and whats more they don't showboat with it.

Any plenty of repeat business which is the hall mark of success in any commercial endeavor

Guest Hunterthenutter
23 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

You must know something we all don't including the JCA and RIU. Prey tell us more Hunter or are you just another delusional poster with nothing to back up their comments.

Stuff Article 29.06.17

Champion harness racing trainer Mark Purdon has admitted three charges relating to the treatment of Auckland Cup winner Dream About Me in Australia.

Purdon was fined A$15,000 by Harness Racing New South Wales (HRNSW) stewards for the three charges that date back to February when Dream About Me, who races as Our Dream About Me in Australia, was preparing for the Group I Ladyship Mile.

HRNSW stewards recently concluded its inquiry and announced its findings on Thursday.

Dream About Me made the trip across the Tasman for the Ladyship Mile but did not race because of minor setbacks with a hoof problem.

Purdon pleaded guilty to administering or causing to have administered serum, by way of an injection, within one clear day prior to Dream About Me contesting an official trial at Menangle.

22 minutes ago, Spikecity said:

Some other top trainers I do not respect because of dodgy ways of achieving results (yes I know all about "blue magic", but it was admitted and penalized for). Cran Dalgety for example suddenly importing horses to win the premiership. And although the record book shows he was the leading trainer he wasn't in most peoples eyes. He and the Dunns have multiple drugs charges and I feel will always be looked sideways at. 

Somewhat hypocritical excusing your favoured trainer for drug charges and damming the rest.

You sound like Brodie and the whip rule when you speak for 'most people'!

I'm surprised you didn't delete this bit Hunter,

Purdon pleaded guilty to administering or causing to have administered serum, by way of an injection, within one clear day prior to Dream About Me contesting an official trial at Menangle

The serum is autologous.

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

You talked about yourself in the 3rd person.

Very interesting....Are you related to the Brodster?

Would hope not!!

Think I would need to emigrate!

1 hour ago, Spikecity said:

Horse racing whether harness or the thoroughbreds need heroes and in Mark & Nats combined with their array of champion horses are true heroes and whats more they don't showboat with i

God you talk some crap!

How the hell is wanting to be treated equally with other punters being given Free donations???

If you can believe his punting prowess????

Dont give a rats what you think, but if I am not a flash punter then go into bat for The Brodster to get his limit increased then!

Also think you should bite your tongue re the multiple drugs charges!

I could state something on here that would rock the boat totally and blow you out of the water, but I am not prepared to enter into the crap that it would bring!

9 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I could state something on here that would rock the boat totally and blow you out of the water, but I am not prepared to enter into the crap that it would bring!

:(

I think the crap will come anyway with that statement Brodie...You might need to front up and say it.

Guest Hunterthenutter
2 hours ago, Lee270744 said:

I'm surprised you didn't delete this bit Hunter,

Purdon pleaded guilty to administering or causing to have administered serum, by way of an injection, within one clear day prior to Dream About Me contesting an official trial at Menangle

The serum is autologous.

autologous that's blood doping

4 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Well put happy, its just a debate  and everyone has their own opinion....just wonder what will happen when all stars shift to Australia permanently with the odd raid back to nz for jewels day :ph34r:

Didn't Mark plan to shift to Oz a few years back, or was it a second barn to compliment Rolleston - can't recall the details or why it never eventuated? With the money on offer in NSW metro meetings and large owner base surely they would have entertained the thought... Butt & Jones teams appear to be going good over there so far, getting low handicaps & some easy kills