RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
I know

Dunedin Tuesday

Just looked up the fields and they are down to 11 races . The c0 545 has gone. Yes it had 7 greyhounds and I found a winner went in to do some more study but the race is not there anymore. What are people thoughts on this. To me they should have run the race. Maybe they would be down to 5 or 6 if they had a scratching but does that really matter, I do feel for the owners and trainers out there being made to sit at home with there dogs when they could and should have been racing on Tuesday.

37 minutes ago, shelley said:

Thats a Board decision,,,Not encouraging Distance Racing though.

Sad....We struggle to get c0 middle distance races anywhere..7 is a good field size....but i guess when  you have people  breed sprinters and are now trying to get 410mtr races at palmy going so they can clip the ticket for there nz bred dogs bonus and run for middle distance stakes we all know where we are headed...

19 minutes ago, Hound Fan said:

Sad....We struggle to get c0 middle distance races anywhere..7 is a good field size....but i guess when  you have people  breed sprinters and are now trying to get 410mtr races at palmy going so they can clip the ticket for there nz bred dogs bonus and run for middle distance stakes we all know where we are headed...

410m is a start, are they getting rid of 375 than? 

Why not scrap the 300m races at tracks like Addington, Wanganui and Auckland and put in a 400m did instead?

18 minutes ago, Hound Fan said:

Yes 7 is a good size field and the race should have been run. I don't think we have people trying to breed sprinters. And wouldn't the 410 race do away with the 375 ? Anyway you never replied to my post on an earlier topic re Auckland and your jca hearing why didn't you ask the stipes in charge to go as your witnesses? 

4 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Between Otago, 11 races, CH CH 12 races, 17of them are less than 311 mtrs. How this can excite punters is beyond me.

There is a winner in ever race just got to find it 

5 minutes ago, I know said:

Yes 7 is a good size field and the race should have been run. I don't think we have people trying to breed sprinters. And wouldn't the 410 race do away with the 375 ? Anyway you never replied to my post on an earlier topic re Auckland and your jca hearing why didn't you ask the stipes in charge to go as your witnesses? 

When you look at some litters bred, you have to ask yourself why? For example, I recently saw that bright star was sent to captain coutts , no disrespect to the connections but wouldn't you try and breed strength into bright stars line? Or that litter that aquaman pointed out a while ago, this is why I believe we need restrictions around what can be bred with

18 minutes ago, Sairy said:

When you look at some litters bred, you have to ask yourself why? For example, I recently saw that bright star was sent to captain coutts , no disrespect to the connections but wouldn't you try and breed strength into bright stars line? Or that litter that aquaman pointed out a while ago, this is why I believe we need restrictions around what can be bred with

Captain Coutts was restricted to sprints, because of his injuries.   

Sairy...

The issue of identifying a successful breeding strategy has proved to be beyond some of the finest minds on the planet and the resources of some of the planet's richest. The variables, as yet, cannot be quantified. Further, information relevant to the equation can be arcane, as the post of "modest mouse" shows.

I note that you have not answered my question regarding the breeding of Miata. I could rest my case, but I won't in case I feel that there is more to be added subsequent to any further post.

All the best.

Ashoka

44 minutes ago, Ashoka said:

Sairy...

The issue of identifying a successful breeding strategy has proved to be beyond some of the finest minds on the planet and the resources of some of the planet's richest. The variables, as yet, cannot be quantified. Further, information relevant to the equation can be arcane, as the post of "modest mouse" shows.

I note that you have not answered my question regarding the breeding of Miata. I could rest my case, but I won't in case I feel that there is more to be added subsequent to any further post.

All the best.

Ashoka

Yes I would have breed with Miata or her mother, you are talking about one of the most prestige-st lines on both sides of the Tasman and many of the top NZ lines have also come from the winsome line

4 hours ago, I know said:

For what reason did i need to answer you...you missed my point totally......The decision when you read it will validate the point i was making..

Sairy...

You have misrepresented my question. I asked whether you would have bred from the mother of Miata or another of the more successful racing bitches from the same litter. That is the salient point. If breeders are required to breed only from highly successful racing bitches, then the Miata's of this world are no more.

Breeding is a chance game, which is why the racing industry survives. If there was a discernable strategy to success, it would all be, pretty much, all over.

All the best.

Ashoka