RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Grant R

Karaka millions

2 hours ago, Midget said:

You're tough judges.

Xiong Feng

Minolo Blahniq

The Soultaker

Sacred Elixir

They all look as though they'll get better and better, and they're only the obvious ones.

Midget have you looked at the 3YO mile I have a share in one thats going around and i won't bag you if you don't pick mine as your a straight shooter and respect your honesty

It is a shame the listed 3yo mile is not open to all 3yo's. I understand why it is restricted, however if you could add 6 or 7 of the 3yos from the spec. cond maiden 1600m race into the listed race and you would have one heck of a race - when I say this, it may potentially lack a very good horse like VnB was last year, however would be a very even event.

If I had to pick whether I thought the derby winner would come from the listed or spec cond 1600, I would lean to the spec conditions race....

2 hours ago, Midget said:

You're tough judges.

Xiong Feng

Minolo Blahniq

The Soultaker

Sacred Elixir

They all look as though they'll get better and better, and they're only the obvious ones.

The Aussie trainer knows what it takes to win this race so would be having a close look at it on the day....

7 hours ago, Grant R said:

Midget have you looked at the 3YO mile I have a share in one thats going around and i won't bag you if you don't pick mine as your a straight shooter and respect your honesty

If it's run quickly Scrutinize or Tavago, but if it's a canter and sprint No More Tears is a huge show.

It's curious that the last race has two or three horses in it who'd have been easily capable of winning this 250k affair, I can't quite work out what their connections were thinking because the 3yo mile lacks depth really but it's worth 5x more $$.

11 hours ago, Midget said:

You're tough judges.

Xiong Feng

Minolo Blahniq

The Soultaker

Sacred Elixir

Lovely horses, but based on past years they wont feature come this time next year, or at least three of the four wont. The race destroys most in my opinion.

Leo, lets discuss it next Telegraph Day.

Liz

6 minutes ago, Insider said:

Lovely horses, but based on past years they wont feature come this time next year, or at least three of the four wont. The race destroys most in my opinion.

Leo, lets discuss it next Telegraph Day.

Liz

Funny old comment seeing as we watched Riding Shotgun and Vespa go around Saturday last in the Telegraph, and both ran well.

Correct me if I'm wrong Liz but didn't they run 1&2 in the million dollar race (you apparently detest) two years ago 

3 minutes ago, Midget said:

Funny old comment seeing as we watched Riding Shotgun and Vespa go around Saturday last in the Telegraph, and both ran well.

Correct me if I'm wrong Liz but didn't they run 1&2 in the million dollar race (you apparently detest) two years ago 

Jeez, I am in trouble now given that we will meet up at Karaka!

You are so often correct and once again you have proven so. 

I am bitter and twisted, probably because my Australian breed 2 year old hasn't proven good enough to make the field.

At least it will live to fight another day - hopefully.

P.S. I don't believe that our Industry should be promoting this type of race, even if I wouldn't mind winning it!

Midget, was my initial thought...however I think only horses sold / brought at Karaka sales eligible (or paid a nomination fee to qualify for Karaka Millions 2yo / 3yo race when brought at sales). Hence my comment wouldn't it be great to see a race With the best 3yo's from both races combined

A little birdie told me to expect a "huge" run from O'Reilly Cyrus, with Damian Browne aboard. In the top 10 jocks in Oz, Brown has knocked back a ride on a certainty in Bris next week. The celebrations will be huge after the Karaka Million and I will be on Liam Birchley to train his 3rd (or is it 4th?) winner of the race. I think 4th possibly. Sarge in Charge, Hardliner and Sister Havana past winners? Good luck to all runners and connections. It would be so exciting to have a runner in such a big race. Has Te Akau or any of the other big spenders got a runner?

4 hours ago, atubbs said:

Midget, was my initial thought...however I think only horses sold / brought at Karaka sales eligible (or paid a nomination fee to qualify for Karaka Millions 2yo / 3yo race when brought at sales). Hence my comment wouldn't it be great to see a race With the best 3yo's from both races combined

Of course, silly me.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious !!

I don't think Sacred Elixir will win and I don't think Tony Pike will be doing anything to the horse that might be to the detriment of his 3yo season.

I do think he's a lovely horse,plenty of size about him and by a scintillating Epsom Derby winner. I really like the way he has stretched out in his two races to date although still pretty green.

He'd be my future star - but hey we all get egg on our faces some time or another.

I actually think the 2YO race is harder to pick than you think so much to like about a lot of them . However racing pattern and possibly track condition could play a part . I like Sacred Elixir but i will be putting Tennessee in my multis . As for the 3 YO race i will be backing my own perhaps with my heart and not my brain she is one of 4 that have run over a mile in the race she has been freshened and has been running times that reflect a bold showing i hope  

Winners of  the race have hardly set Australia buzzing afterwards

WINNERS SUBSEQUENT FORM IN AUSTRALIA

Vincent Mangano- 0 starts Aus.
The Heckler-0 starts Aus. 
Sister Havana-  13 starts Aus. only 1 win at Grafton
Fort Lincoln-  0 starts Aus.
Ockham's Razor- 0 starts in Aus.  won 3 races in Hong Kong but only at Happy Valley
Ruud Awakening- 5 starts in Aus unplaced but a couple good 4ths.
Vespa- 2 starts Aus. unplaced
Hardline- 3 starts in Aus 2 wins @1000 

If the race is designed for promoting exports I don't think the winners of it have helped much.

1 hour ago, Midget said:

I'll put my dangly bits on the line and say that barring accidents or unseen impediments only two horses can win it, either Manolo Blahniq or Xiong Feng, and based on what I've seen of them both I'll be on the big bold chestnut XF.

Youre a far better judge than I, but I'll take Caorunn & Sacred Elixir as my two picks.