RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
fasthorse

Salaries at the top .

Slowhorse, would you confirm which meeting you are talking about.

You started a thread NZTR/Trainers meeting and I asked that question to you in that however you did not respond.

Again, these are NZRB costs/salaries we are discussing.

The only meeting that I know of taking place last week was a private meeting with John Wheeler (Tony Pike??) and Glenda Hughes.

ThoseAuckland Council staff & contracted consultants are all sucking the system.

There was none of this nonsense under the old borough councils when it operated under that system, as in the borough councils from pre amalgamation days 20 or so years ago.

The streets were kept clean, berms were mowed, trees trimmed, & people knew who was responsible for each job.

The way the Auckland Council operates now is a pile of crap.

To the best of our knowledge there is currently an investigation going on into a branch of the Auckland. council & Auckland Transport involving dishonesty around contracts...

Go & ask anyone that lives there if they think they are getting value for money from the Council & they will say "NO".

According to rdtdy staff have increased from 33 in 2003 to 72 in2014 , 11 years a doubling of staff but only a 50% in costs , your figures .

Let's go back to the original  post , AK city council is paying 1780 people 100k plus which must set a benchmark for council positions and the wider community .

It's actually much more than that , the council contracts out a lot of work to people who are also earning 100k plus which is then just another cost on the books .

The people working for the council on a 100k combined with the contractors who are also earning the same could amount to at least 5000 people , that's what racing is competing with .

In the 12 months January 2013 to January 2014 staff expenses rose from $28.2m to $30.7m.  Net profit before distributions went from $73.7m to $72.5m.

Over $1m of that increase in Staff expenses was due to an increase in "termination payments", which suggests that they're going through some re-org to reduce the salary bill.

Still not seeing the 50% increases that Trump said was a fact.

ps.  those figures you've quoted are 6 monthly figures.  And Net Asset decline probably not a good metric to focus on because it simply reflects the fact that distributions were up in the six month period.

Guest 2Admin2

Meaningless , explains nothing , my late brother in law co founded a company that lost ( us) 60 million last year , even so everybody is happy, the future promises much .

What you need to know before you condem is what were they doing at the time .

My original post should explain to critics that the salaries paid by the industry are not out of the ordinary ,  perhaps that's why we have heard nothing about the meeting that was held early last week .

And for the record , stakes creeping up .

Not meaningless.....black and white facts.  If stakes are creeping up (in real terms they are not) and net profit is declining then stakes are being paid for from reserves/assets.  Pathway to total destruction.  

You could be right SD. But IT is a minefield. Just ask many Govt agencies and businesses in NZ and Oz that have invested millions in new software systems only to find that they are (a) non user friendly (B) cost far more than quoted and © just complicate the business rather than enhance it and usually ends up a white elephant. There are examples of this all over the world and I have seen it first hand.

Not meaningless.....black and white facts.  If stakes are creeping up (in real terms they are not) and net profit is declining then stakes are being paid for from reserves/assets.  Pathway to total destruction.  

Why waste your time and energy debating him...he is a drone with only one message... do what he is told and say what he is told to say... tow the party line... if he is a horse trainer and he thinks things are not goin down the proverbial then there is no hope for him...

Slowhorse, would you confirm which meeting you are talking about.

You started a thread NZTR/Trainers meeting and I asked that question to you in that however you did not respond.

Again, these are NZRB costs/salaries we are discussing.

The only meeting that I know of taking place last week was a private meeting with John Wheeler (Tony Pike??) and Glenda Hughes.

That's the one

,"quote" ,Wheeler and several other trainers reps including Tony Pike .

Can't have been a private meeting , the trainers union must have  had a good representation.

I could be wrong but I think Greg Purcel organised it .

What happened , was any progress made or is it going to be kept a secret .

Judging by how the AK city council pays arguing salaries would seem futile .

Glenda Hughes called the meeting to the best of my knowledge.

I spoke with Wheels last Friday re the meeting. A full and frank discussion took place however suffice to say, any changes/action will not happen over night.

Again, as I have already told you, go and have a chat with him.

Glenda Hughes called the meeting to the best of my knowledge.

I spoke with Wheels last Friday re the meeting. A full and frank discussion took place however suffice to say, any changes/action will not happen over night.

Again, as I have already told you, go and have a chat with him.

Thank's for that rdytdy ,

I was expecting some sort of press release , that's the first time the meeting has been acknowledged .

Business as usual then , just what I  expected , only the dreamers would have expected more .

You could be right SD. But IT is a minefield. Just ask many Govt agencies and businesses in NZ and Oz that have invested millions in new software systems only to find that they are (a) non user friendly ( B) cost far more than quoted and © just complicate the business rather than enhance it and usually ends up a white elephant. There are examples of this all over the world and I have seen it first hand.

I don't mean  the back end systems. Rather the customers use of technology.

For example my marketing lecturer contact tells me the product needs to be simple, available 24/7 and in widespread outlets.

Now with mobile technology a bet can be paid for 24/7 but placed just before the race. Meaning its now feasible to run trebles/quaddies/ pick sixes and triple trios on an exchange system which takes away the complexity. Just like the old exchange doubles on racetracks before the 1980's i.e. Jetbet introduction. So we have come a full circle.

Therefore with the triple trio where most combo's are dead after the first leg such a system would have enabled the Triple to have a chance of succeeding. N.B. Simplicity and availability

Thank's for that rdytdy ,

I was expecting some sort of press release , that's the first time the meeting has been acknowledged .

Business as usual then , just what I  expected , only the dreamers would have expected more .

Don't be stupid Fasthorse.

Glenda Hughes has publically acknowledged that operating costs that sit at at 41% of gross turnover is unacceptable.

That has to be addressed (sooner rather than later) and processes put in place in order to do so but the reduction can't happen over night.

Obviously the cloth must be cut to suit but indiscriminate hacking is senseless.

Don't forget when looking at staff numbers, seeing you started this thread about staff salaries, that KPMG auditors have already queried the need for so many staff.

Here we go again.

The mouth from the south brings dribble to the table,stirs the pot and gets his pay off :everyone starts to argue with him.

End of the day this thread requires a very simple response.

Fasthorse please compare apples with apples if comparison is your argument of choice.

This is just gibberish.

If I was to come on here and say NBA All Stars earn $50mil a year  so our top 5 jocks should earn the same,id be laughed out of town. Same logic used. Equally flawed.

Don't humour the man. There is no logic behind his thinking. Its chalk and cheese.

You can tell yourself everything is ok as the house burns down around you but it doesn't make it so.

Lock the thread scooby its a waste of time.

Sorry Michael but,

Your comparison is not logical , comparing Auckland employees with Auckland employees is .

The racing board is based in AK so has to pay Auckland and probably Wellington rates ,that's apples with apples .

As stated earlier it's quite possible that the total number of employees at the AK council combined with contractors / consultants etc could be at least 5000 people on a $100k , that's  the going rate in the big city's for suitable office staff .

The whole point of this post was to show that $100k is not exceptional and in fact seems to be the norm in Ak , 72 staff , to many? , who knows , I certainly don't and I suspect most on this site don't either .

You are a total waste of space Fasthorse... you just simply say whatever you are told to say...and make out like its all blue sky and roses in the industry... it is donald ducked and your mates aint helping it... Winston needs to be back as racing minister then there may be,maybe some sort of accountability,which at present there is ZERO... keep up the good work..you will surely be keeping your license...they will be loving you.

Guest 2Admin2

Sorry Michael but,

Your comparison is not logical , comparing Auckland employees with Auckland employees is .

The racing board is based in AK so has to pay Auckland and probably Wellington rates ,that's apples with apples .

As stated earlier it's quite possible that the total number of employees at the AK council combined with contractors / consultants etc could be at least 5000 people on a $100k , that's the going rate in the big city's for suitable office staff .

The whole point of this post was to show that $100k is not exceptional and in fact seems to be the norm in Ak , 72 staff , to many? , who knows , I certainly don't and I suspect most on this site don't either .

Geez fasthorse you are a moron - if the NZRB was based in Auckland why did BayLiss need a permanent booking at the Intercontinental in Wellington? The only thing based in Auckland now is a bunch of people in an over the top building on the Parnell rise.

You are a total waste of space Fasthorse... you just simply say whatever you are told to say...and make out like its all blue sky and roses in the industry... it is donald ducked and your mates aint helping it... Winston needs to be back as racing minister then there may be,maybe some sort of accountability,which at present there is ZERO... keep up the good work..you will surely be keeping your license...they will be loving you.

Scoobs ,Was the wage comparison  incorrect ?? in my previous post ??

And 2odd2 , was that a bunch of 72 employees in Parnell ?? if not some must still be somewhere WGTN  , Len Bayless ?? a few years ago wasn't it .

That's desperate .

Scoobs ,Was the wage comparison  incorrect ?? in my previous post ??

And 2odd2 , was that a bunch of 72 employees in Parnell ?? if not some must still be somewhere WGTN  , Len Bayless ?? a few years ago wasn't it .

That's desperate .

In your world nothing is wrong...just stop pedaling senseless drivel in here please... You are the ONLY one in here who thinks things aren't crook and getting worse..so everyone else is wrong and you are right???...I think not...You fasthorse are stuck out on a limb like a shag on a rock..

Geez fasthorse you are a moron - if the NZRB was based in Auckland why did BayLiss need a permanent booking at the Intercontinental in Wellington? The only thing based in Auckland now is a bunch of people in an over the top building on the Parnell rise.

Don't waste time on him Admin... he is only a puppet.. we need to talk to the puppet master...

Guest 2Admin2

Where does this 50% increase in costs come from Trump?

Geez the sycophant's club is getting bigger.

In your world nothing is wrong...just stop pedaling senseless drivel in here please... You are the ONLY one in here who thinks things aren't crook and getting worse..so everyone else is wrong and you are right???...I think not...You fasthorse are stuck out on a limb like a shag on a rock..

Excuse me, but who talks to this bloke at the track in the mornings, it must be a pretty lonely place on a cold winters morn. Trackwork rider must leave his white stick and labrador in the car while he works this guy's nag.