RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gruff

Do kiwi riders rate?

It's a question, how do our riders rate on the world stage?leith is a capable but very inconsistent rider for such an experienced man. Some of his decision making leaves you wondering if hes thinking about what he's having for dinner tonight

It's a question, how do our riders rate on the world stage?

Probably the same as your missus rates you...short in the saddle, lacks staying power, mind not on the job, not worth backing next time :D

It's a question, how do our riders rate on the world stage?leith is a capable but very inconsistent rider for such an experienced man. Some of his decision making leaves you wondering if hes thinking about what he's having for dinner tonight

I dont know why I should bother bashing the keyboard replying to an ignoramus but anyway over the years many N.Z. jockeys have "matched it" with the best in the world.

Personally I think the best 2 to leave N.Z. in the last 40 years are B.P.Thompson and J.A.Cassidy, throw at me whoever you like people, they WERE the best! Cassidy still successful and almost 50.

I dont know why I should bother bashing the keyboard replying to an ignoramus but anyway over the years many N.Z. jockeys have "matched it" with the best in the world.

Personally I think the best 2 to leave N.Z. in the last 40 years are B.P.Thompson and J.A.Cassidy, throw at me whoever you like people, they WERE the best! Cassidy still successful and almost 50.

Miles he is just another grandstand Jockey frustrated probably as he could never ride himself...You are right he is not worth replying to.

Are our riders the worst in world?watching some of leith innes rides leaves me pondering such questions
OR did you not make a buck today OR did you put a buck on Lethal and you lost, i would say the last one mate, go n' have a sleep after a couple of casks of White Moselle and wake up in the morning, Waipukurau tomorrow !!

Probably the same as your missus rates you...short in the saddle, lacks staying power, mind not on the job, not worth backing next time :D

I've earnt my opinion from spending countless hours on racetracks and watching races on trackside,I don't know how this sexual theme got introduced though... You going through tough times in the sack voor? You on the pills and paying for some action?

I'm not talking about the past , we all know how good Jim Cassidy is and alot of the credit can be attributed to the Australian racing scene...Australian racing seems so much more professional, and the racing more competitive. You can't handle a bit of public criticism when you are making your livelihood off the public you shouldn't be out there

You can't handle a bit of public criticism when you are making your livelihood off the public you shouldn't be out there

Who and what did they say????? I am confused

OR did you not make a buck today OR did you put a buck on Lethal and you lost, i would say the last one mate, go n' have a sleep after a couple of casks of White Moselle and wake up in the morning, Waipukurau tomorrow !![/where do you buy your Moselle? Not a huge fan of reisling myself... But that's only my opinion, like my choice of riders... Sometimes your vino is corked and sometimes its your jockey, have a whinge about it and move on. Are you a grandstand wine critic straight strike?? If you don't grow it you shouldn't have an opinion according to Scooby?? I think scrappy is more suitable for that man

Leith Innes has consistantly been one of the best Jocks in NZ, just because you had a bad day on the punt don't look for a scape goat in Lethal mate.

As i said before put the Moselle away look forward to Waipukurau tomorrow, get some sleep, wake up,have a shower, eat a nice breakfast, get the scratchings, make sure the account is replenished and settle in for a great day having a bet.

Very very easy.

Our jockeys are devoid of style. On the richter scale of watching world class jockeys they don't enstill confidence that they could compete against the World's best. They are un tidy, lack precision and as a result of the whip law changes, look as though they need to go to keg cricket.

I hate to say this but facts are facts.

I've earnt my opinion from spending countless hours on racetracks and watching races on trackside,I don't know how this sexual theme got introduced though... You going through tough times in the sack voor? You on the pills and paying for some action?

You're the only one who mentioned a sexual theme. I thought the thread was about riding horses?! Hit a sore spot did I?!

I think overall the majority of our riders stand up well.For me personally i tend to stick with a certain bunch of riders,as they give me that needed confidence..riders like...Sam Spratt,Jason Collett..Hayden Tinsley...James McDonald..Opie Bosson...Jason Waddell...just to name but a few.And if i stick with those that are in my 'group' then most of the time i'll do ok..but ocassionally i won't do any good at all..but that's racing..gotta cop the good with the bad.

Any regrets there with Lance O'Sullivan not coming over to Oz riding giving it ago full time...he was one good jock which im sure he would of made it here also..

I can remember asking LA when he was about 18, how long he thought he would ride for, he replied he would like to retire from riding at about 30 years of age, that comment shocked me at the time, about a minute later I asked him, what are you going to do, once you give it away, he replied his real passion is farming, mouse would have never been able to settle in a city like Melbourne or Sydney.

I see James McDonald has similar interests, LA was a top class Jock, McDonald he will be world class.

A couple of questions regarding J Macdonald.

Is he relocating to Sydney or Melbourne soon? I read somewhere on here that Opie turned down a contract with freedman many years ago. Geez I wonder what could've been had he accepted this. I regard Opie as the benchmark in NZ and rate him up there with Thomson, Cassidy etc. OMO.

Any weight issues for this J MacDonald at this stage of his career?

He has the world at his feet but obviously he will have to ply his trade in oz and beyond.

Harsh Berri fruit, your man Ryan Moore couldn't ride on a mobility scooter so you shouldn't be pointing the finger.

but he is a nice guy. When you put our jockeys up against the likes of Pelier, Detori, Mosse, Barzalona and the like, you realise how untidy our jockeys are. James McDonald is an exception and performs accordingly. You just have to watch them ride out a finish and you realsie the difference.