RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Old Man

2 and 3 year olds in same race ?

They have them quite often down south from Christmas onwards. The 2yo schedule is such a mess (ie barely extant) that 2yos would be completely screwed if they didn't have the option to run against older horses.

6 minutes ago, chiknsmack said:

They have them quite often down south from Christmas onwards. The 2yo schedule is such a mess (ie barely extant) that 2yos would be completely screwed if they didn't have the option to run against older horses.

They programme them, but 2yos virtually never run in them. As you say the 2yo schedule in the SI is a disgrace.

It doesn't happen up here to any extent - there are I think three or four races in the autumn where it happens (though 2-y-o are allowed to run in the Group 1 Nunthorpe which is our only genuine all-aged Group1).

There are 1200m races at Newmarket and Beverley in late September and October and for some reason I think there are a couple of others - it's a gap in the market.

2 hours ago, Patiti said:

2yo's not allowed to race in August.

Wanganui always had the first in September.

Bonecrusher first start. 

31 August 1984 4th 2YO colts & geldings Avondale 800m Gary Stewart - Bold Edition 54.3 Bon Sang 54.3 Chief Mayo 

How many less kgs should a 2yr old have over a 3yr old if racing now at wfa?  The reason I ask is a 3yr old in oct get a massive weight relief in cox eh.  It seems a tough gig for a 2yr old now if it gets minimal weight relief?

9 hours ago, Mattski said:

How many less kgs should a 2yr old have over a 3yr old if racing now at wfa?  The reason I ask is a 3yr old in oct get a massive weight relief in cox eh.  It seems a tough gig for a 2yr old now if it gets minimal weight relief?

https://pureform.com.au/wfa.php

Halfway down the page is the Australian WFA scale.

Just did some checking.

THE PLATINUM QUEEN ran as a 2-y-o filly in last year's Nunthorpe carrying 8 stone 2 lbs or 52 kg.

HIGHFIELD PRINCESS, an older filly, carried 9 stone 12 lbs or 62.5 kg and gave the younger filly a two and a half length beating. That's as wide a weight range as you will ever see up here.

I mentioned a race over 1200m at Newmarket at the back end of the season - it's held at the last meeting of the year. Last year, the 3-y-o EHRAZ carried 62.5kg and beat two juveniles who were carrying 54 kg.