RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

Rugby at Eden Park.

On 6/25/2023 at 10:57 AM, Ohokaman said:

New Zealand are miles away from the top sides Mike….the top level players from UK, US, Europe are scarily good.

If they get embarrassed in the early games it will affect crowd numbers no doubt.

Giving away tickets now, I don't really believe people in Dunedin really give a shit about the Phillipines and Switzerland. .

One wonders if those who have bought tickets gets a refund.

Also it's probably the worst time for a major comp in NZ, many of these comps in football are mostly played in summer, June and July in the northern hemisphere. 

New Zealand has had long enough to prepare for this competition knowing the eyes of the world would be on us.  If we cannot produce sell out crowds at every match those put in charge should be expelled.  However, we'll probably knight the non performers.

The Matildas are not having trouble drawing crowds to warm up games.  It speaks volumes about the quality of our side.

On 7/5/2023 at 8:34 AM, Hi Ho Silver said:

I always thought Waka was boat.

Even Otago University is now rebranding as a Waka (canoe)-- these earlier colonisers just make it up as they go, pick up a dividend, and then move on to the next guilt-ridden, gullible western institution. 

Plus the stylised, oval "O" which looks like a vulva with a couple of lacerated labia--tasty!

On 7/13/2023 at 2:13 PM, mikenz said:

Giving away tickets now, I don't really believe people in Dunedin really give a shit about the Phillipines and Switzerland. .

One wonders if those who have bought tickets gets a refund.

Also it's probably the worst time for a major comp in NZ, many of these comps in football are mostly played in summer, June and July in the northern hemisphere. 

NZ has sold to date 350k tickets the Aussies about 3 times as many. Their population is about 6 times ours so we are doing OK. Also, this is already the largest Womens World Cup in terms of crowds and the tournament has yet to kick off. The three NZ games including the one in Dunedin are expected to sell out. The USA v Netherlands has sold out.

In 2011 I went to The South Africa V Wales Rugby World Cup Game in Wellington and for two so called giants of World Rugby they would be lucky if the ground was half full. The only highlight was the Taffies singing of their national anthem.

1 hour ago, bloke said:

NZ has sold to date 350k tickets the Aussies about 3 times as many. Their population is about 6 times ours so we are doing OK. Also, this is already the largest Womens World Cup in terms of crowds and the tournament has yet to kick off. The three NZ games including the one in Dunedin are expected to sell out. The USA v Netherlands has sold out.

In 2011 I went to The South Africa V Wales Rugby World Cup Game in Wellington and for two so called giants of World Rugby they would be lucky if the ground was half full. The only highlight was the Taffies singing of their national anthem.

Let's just wait and see.

1 hour ago, mikenz said:

It is also our deadest time of year, people are in winter mode so the sit at home mantra rings loud as well, Aucklands shit weather is not conducive to a good spectacle but as I say, we will see.

Yeah the whole things weird, whoever pushed for this needs to get real, if the Communist Dan Andrews was involved this would of been quashed at day dot

It's 6 45, just before kick off in game 1, will all the bullshit coming from the NZ camp be just that  , I'm picking 5 0  or 5 1 Norway.

I hope I'm wrong, we will see.

Later aussie play, that might be a different result.

22 minutes ago, mikenz said:

It's 6 45, just before kick off in game 1, will all the bullshit coming from the NZ camp be just that  , I'm picking 5 0  or 5 1 Norway.

I hope I'm wrong, we will see.

Later aussie play, that might be a different result.

You have them scoring a goal Mikey ?

That does set the tournament up, and by rights should now stimulate more interest in the later games as NZ can now get through pool play.

Note, I seen many seats with invisible people on them yet a sellout, mysterious.

14 minutes ago, mikenz said:

That does set the tournament up, and by rights should now stimulate more interest in the later games as NZ can now get through pool play.

Note, I seen many seats with invisible people on them yet a sellout, mysterious.

Any empty seats would have been for the Fish Heads and Sponsors. FIFA always reserve seating in case they turn up.  42k is a good turnout.