RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
kurious

RACING INDUSTRY FIGHT TO STAY!!!!!

Kurious .. agree with you, but as you can tell by the amount of content on this forum, greyhound racing in NZ particularly the C.D is dying in respect to participation, and those supposed to be doing a job, aren't doing a thing and frankly don't care or are just plain incompetent. The industry is tainted and there are to many mates and boys clubs. Tracks are shut down, commentators are all over the country with no consistency, they are not up to scratch apart from Andy McCook and maybe Aaron. The C.D is a monopoly and a joke, the so called top trainer appears to be a ghost, she may have been on T.V but I have never ever seen her ? .. does she even train dogs ?  .. everything is so Mickey Mouse. I used to own dogs and loved them, had an awesome trainer she trains in the South with only couple of dogs now because of disillusionment.

5 hours ago, Palliser said:

Kurious .. agree with you, but as you can tell by the amount of content on this forum, greyhound racing in NZ particularly the C.D is dying in respect to participation, and those supposed to be doing a job, aren't doing a thing and frankly don't care or are just plain incompetent. The industry is tainted and there are to many mates and boys clubs. Tracks are shut down, commentators are all over the country with no consistency, they are not up to scratch apart from Andy McCook and maybe Aaron. The C.D is a monopoly and a joke, the so called top trainer appears to be a ghost, she may have been on T.V but I have never ever seen her ? .. does she even train dogs ?  .. everything is so Mickey Mouse. I used to own dogs and loved them, had an awesome trainer she trains in the South with only couple of dogs now because of disillusionment.

This is why the people of the racing code should band together & take on these cowboys who are running this industry to the ground! every one needs to step up & help protect it. 

New Zealand first party as  i understand is the only political party that's in full support of the industry & willing to increase the funding. Dramatically 

people need to start fighting plain & simple 

I want everyone's thoughts (don't just look at this post & read. comment)

2 hours ago, Zak Hussai said:

Well how demanding are you?

to a point of emailing Edward Rennell & demanding more from GRNZ which they put out a public announcement about reports being ready to be sent to racing minister today & the development & strategy moving forward..

Also Winston Peters is preparing a MASSIVE funding deal if elected  (He's the only political party that wants the racing to stay in all codes )       I've been busy & the participants in the greyhound industry need to STAND together & start communicating like you're livelihoods depend on it & it does. 

really a straight track at wanganui is a great idea if you remember tauranga racecourse used to have them the ideal place would be avondale why not move the whole greyhound track there and have a straight course also 

2 minutes ago, edor said:

really a straight track at wanganui is a great idea if you remember tauranga racecourse used to have them the ideal place would be avondale why not move the whole greyhound track there and have a straight course also 

I love straight track - Capalaba & Richmond S I race there frequently , good idea to put forward to GRNZ for future development . great stuff   

2 hours ago, edor said:

Straight track racing is terrible for punting and turnover. Waste of $.

32 minutes ago, BackPoonDrinkGoon said:

Straight track racing is terrible for punting and turnover. Waste of $.

The average betting pool is huge in straight track races in Australia,  Punters will love it in New Zealand, the huge upside is also minimizing the risk of dog injuries too.. 

10 hours ago, kurious said:

The average betting pool is huge in straight track races in Australia,  Punters will love it in New Zealand, the huge upside is also minimizing the risk of dog injuries too.. 

Any data to back up that statement vs the one turn and two turn tracks? Hard to believe imo. 

2 hours ago, BackPoonDrinkGoon said:

Any data to back up that statement vs the one turn and two turn tracks? Hard to believe imo. 

data is available look at the average total pool for each field the interest is up there with the circle tracks, Australia is far more ahead in development & growth..  

Look at  how many runners there are compared to circle tracks take that into account

More Group races added to calendar - as a punter you would be licking you're lips 

9 minutes ago, kurious said:

data is available look at the average total pool for each field the interest is up there with the circle tracks, Australia is far more ahead in development & growth..  

Look at  how many runners there are compared to circle tracks take that into account

More Group races added to calendar - as a punter you would be licking you're lips 

300/350m races for squibs? I don’t know a single ‘serious’ punter that enjoys betting on straight track racing. It’s terrible viewing as well. 

Where’s the data from Healesville compared to other vic tracks? 

4 hours ago, BackPoonDrinkGoon said:

300/350m races for squibs? I don’t know a single ‘serious’ punter that enjoys betting on straight track racing. It’s terrible viewing as well. 

Where’s the data from Healesville compared to other vic tracks? 

We have over 250 spectators at Capalaba on a Sunday morning the  club is  thriving..  track distance 366m - it's popular 

Go compare the prize money/runners/pool amount  - As a punter myself I'm coming home with a quid or two it's a lot easier then horses let me tell you 

What you need to do is get familiar with Capalaba, Richmond straight, Healesville  - Have a go

There is also a new track being built in Ipswich/ Purga with one turn, two turn & straight track in same complex.

On 12/12/2022 at 10:48 PM, kurious said:

to a point of emailing Edward Rennell & demanding more from GRNZ which they put out a public announcement about reports being ready to be sent to racing minister today & the development & strategy moving forward..

Also Winston Peters is preparing a MASSIVE funding deal if elected  (He's the only political party that wants the racing to stay in all codes )       I've been busy & the participants in the greyhound industry need to STAND together & start communicating like you're livelihoods depend on it & it does. 

So Winnie to the rescue again? If racing really needs another MASSIVE funding deal (read bailout) maybe it doesn't deserve it, and the money would be better spent on health, educations and police resources instead of an obviously failing industry? Just another angle.......

5 hours ago, Idolmite said:

So Winnie to the rescue again? If racing really needs another MASSIVE funding deal (read bailout) maybe it doesn't deserve it, and the money would be better spent on health, educations and police resources instead of an obviously failing industry? Just another angle.......

I rather have one in government that supports it then none.. I think the greyhound code deserves a new make over & i believe it will get there in the near future. at the moment now that i understand the logics on what's happening I've seen within the last two days significant changes implemented & other key strategy movements that's going to take place

Healthcare, education & police are all failing to lol  it's a fact - maybe don't have people in a particular role that don't know what they're doing that's what it seems.  

2 minutes ago, kurious said:

I rather have one in government that supports it then none.. I think the greyhound code deserves a new make over & i believe it will get there in the near future. at the moment now that i understand the logics on what's happening I've seen within the last two days significant changes implemented & other key strategy movements that's going to take place

Healthcare, education & police are all failing to lol  it's a fact - maybe don't have people in a particular role that don't know what they're doing that's what it seems.  

Please expand on what significant changes you've seen implemented within the last two days? 

And what other key strategy movements are going to take place?

Why do you feel the greyhound is worthy of a makeover? 

3 hours ago, Idolmite said:

Please expand on what significant changes you've seen implemented within the last two days? 

And what other key strategy movements are going to take place?

Why do you feel the greyhound is worthy of a makeover? 

Track safety improvements, bringing on the best curators to over see all tracks in New Zealand, imposing strict stewards to check on all kennels at random times for audits.  

-The racing minister has given a list of things for the GRNZ to get done - from my understanding they have met all there requirements so GRNZ case is a solid one once they put forward

-Key strategy is growth & marketing followed by private investors with the importance of having the right people in certain roles to ensure things are being run accordingly 

I believe greyhounds deserve a place in new Zealand not only because of the history but because of how they are as a animal they love to run , chase & have all the attention in the world,

To have these greyhounds in the best shape you have to give them the absolute best of everything - No one takes care of these animals better then the owners & trainers respectively they are worth 10k-20k you're not going to feed it shitty food or not care for them properly . the people that do the wrong things are no where & should be banned permanently. 

& also the people who have been in the game a long time that has done the right thing shouldn't have there livelihoods taken away from them from people that are NOT following the rules!

Greyhounds is here to stay! 

On 12/13/2022 at 7:57 PM, kurious said:

We have over 250 spectators at Capalaba on a Sunday morning the  club is  thriving..  track distance 366m - it's popular 

Go compare the prize money/runners/pool amount  - As a punter myself I'm coming home with a quid or two it's a lot easier then horses let me tell you 

What you need to do is get familiar with Capalaba, Richmond straight, Healesville  - Have a go

There is also a new track being built in Ipswich/ Purga with one turn, two turn & straight track in same complex.

I'd rather watch paint dry or the grass grow than watch Capalaba however. I accidentally saw a race from there yesterday. Six dogs is a straight line? Yes, watching my lawn growing in the summer rain had more excitement per second than Capalaba. 

14 hours ago, Idolmite said:

I'd rather watch paint dry or the grass grow than watch Capalaba however. I accidentally saw a race from there yesterday. Six dogs is a straight line? Yes, watching my lawn growing in the summer rain had more excitement per second than Capalaba. 

so you watch you're lawn grow ? i get you're old & bored. time for a sleep old man :) 

Kurious, you were 'demanding' the thoughts of everyone, no need for dis-respect. The point Idolmite makes is dog racing at Capalaba was boring and unexciting, I think you knew that but chose to respond with a poor post. 

5 hours ago, diesel said:

Kurious, you were 'demanding' the thoughts of everyone, no need for dis-respect. The point Idolmite makes is dog racing at Capalaba was boring and unexciting, I think you knew that but chose to respond with a poor post. 

On 12/15/2022 at 2:29 AM, diesel said:

What is the list of things to get done by GRNZ?

The guy is no where, soon as he said greyhound are doomed i knew then he was a plonker.. (if anything ban whips in horses) 

Requirements were  track safety , Animal welfare ( vet side) ,  Re-homing program , Audits on trainers, Policy changes - read up on it on GRNZ 

3 hours ago, kurious said:

The guy is no where, soon as he said greyhound are doomed i knew then he was a plonker.. (if anything ban whips in horses) 

Requirements were  track safety , Animal welfare ( vet side) ,  Re-homing program , Audits on trainers, Policy changes - read up on it on GRNZ 

Horse racing, both codes, is in trouble too, but is not under a government warning and watch like the dog are. All three codes have their issues. But if the likes of Capalaba is the future I suspect the pups will soon be a code with no future, only a past. That is my opinion. The fact you don't like it does not mean I am "nowhere".