crustyngrizzly

White Island

14 posts in this topic

Seems strange that a Chopper pilot states he could have all bodies out in 90minutes and is prepared to do so. These poor people should be out by now and the weak Police and that pathetic PM need to take some leadership and get on with the job. Sadly this is what happens when a weak kneed woman is in charge. Too busy worrying about plastic bags etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

How is it that so called experts are predicting that White Island has a 60% chance of erupting again,when its obvious that they didn't predict the first one instead putting the Island on a Level 2

warning.

 

Volcanologists, talk about going to work to eat your lunch :rcfe-laughing:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Trump said:

Shine Lawyers will have a ball with this one. 

You want to visit  an active volcano your hanging them out somewhat aye Trump?  Talk about bad timing:rcf-sad-5:  reminds me of our Mentawi surf trip, after our 10 days we met a boat heading out which ended up in the middle of a small island after an early morning Earthquake and subsequent Tsunami , killed hundreds at our charters Padang HQ .   :rcf-sad-13:  Fickled Finger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jeepers said:

Seems strange that a Chopper pilot states he could have all bodies out in 90minutes and is prepared to do so. These poor people should be out by now and the weak Police and that pathetic PM need to take some leadership and get on with the job. Sadly this is what happens when a weak kneed woman is in charge. Too busy worrying about plastic bags etc.

"PM need to take some leadership and...." - blah blah blah - thanks very much for your input Mr Bridges.

She's correct in keeping right out of it. Cops make the decision and they've got gung-ho Chopper pilots in one ear and cautious pointy head scientist's in the other. 

They've gone in now after being appropriately cautious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gruff said:

You want to visit  an active volcano your hanging them out somewhat aye Trump?  Talk about bad timing:rcf-sad-5:  reminds me of our Mentawi surf trip, after our 10 days we met a boat heading out which ended up in the middle of a small island after an early morning Earthquake and subsequent Tsunami , killed hundreds at our charters Padang HQ .   :rcf-sad-13:  Fickled Finger

I have a pic of my son and his wife- on White Island a few years ago! It erupted last Monday - on their daughter’s bday! :( You just never know eh? I was in Rome Airport many years ago and the day after I flew out, terrorists bombed it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trump said:

I have a pic of my son and his wife- on White Island a few years ago! It erupted last Monday - on their daughter’s bday! :( You just never know eh? I was in Rome Airport many years ago and the day after I flew out, terrorists bombed it! 

And 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2019 at 8:30 PM, Memphis2 said:

And 

No and. My point was that “one never knows”. Be in the wrong place at the wrong time and it can be over in a flash. A good friend of mine lost his daughter in Queenstown - White Water Rafting. If she had gone the day before she would still be alive. You just never know when your day of reckoning might come - sometimes unexpectedly. Like this latest White Island tragedy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Trump said:

No and. My point was that “one never knows”. Be in the wrong place at the wrong time and it can be over in a flash. A good friend of mine lost his daughter in Queenstown - White Water Rafting. If she had gone the day before she would still be alive. You just never know when your day of reckoning might come - sometimes unexpectedly. Like this latest White Island tragedy. 

Yeh sorry Trumper. I only got as far as and, and got waylayed. I was gunner say something along the lines

And you walk out the door and someone doing 80 in a 50 zone smashes into you. Just fate can get you. 

I knew a bloke outside Taupo who was killed by a pine cone. The branch of the tree whiplashed back but the pine cone crushed his head. Sad fate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now