RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pete

TAB Account promotions

This is not a complaint obviously, just a little bemused that for four weeks in a row I've had $5 deposited into my account on Friday which is available to be used on the day and then earlier this week got another $10 if I deposited $20.

Just wondering whether this is unusual or happens regularly to others.

Seemed to start after I laid a complaint about account funding and then had a call from them.

BTW I am a $100 a week punter Saturdays only.

and there is no rhyme or reason behind who they pick to fund either. my wife spend $5 bucks every now and then and gets the $5 bets etc most weeks. With our punters club last round through my TAB account would of turned over over $8000 and get a 1/3 or even less of these free bets

$5 isn't much but what they are trying to achieve is probably working. My cook has no interest in betting/racing but when we she heard me and someone talking about it a couple of weeks ago she said she might have to find out what her account number is and get it going again.( she must have been trying to impress me at some stage by opening an account to start with).

Just now, Aaron Bidlake said:

$5 isn't much but what they are trying to achieve is probably working. My cook has no interest in betting/racing but when we she heard me and someone talking about it a couple of weeks ago she said she might have to find out what her account number is and get it going again.( she must have been trying to impress me at some stage by opening an account to start with).

that makes me laugh Aaron as my wife never knew what a racehorse or greyhound was prior to meeting me and once we been together a little while she said she wanted her own " Tab thingy" which she opened :). I hate to say it she has more luck they me. I sit up studying the Melbourne Cup all night 2 years ago and got nothing. She went in with me and said "I like that , that and that" no study and got the tri etc ( must say I liked that as she shouted me tea)

9 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

I have recieved both of those offers occasionally. On Wednesday I got an email from William Hill saying they will until midnight Sunday match any deposit with free bets upto $200.

Geez now you're talking...

They have a built in programme that triggers an email and "top up " to your account if you drop below a certain return threshold on you punting. They dont do it if you are beating them...Bit of a sneaky or cunning... enticement to keep you punting I guess ?? 

12 hours ago, Beck"s said:

They have a built in programme that triggers an email and "top up " to your account if you drop below a certain return threshold on you punting. They dont do it if you are beating them...Bit of a sneaky or cunning... enticement to keep you punting I guess ?? 

I have had several successful weeks on the punt and I get the $5 offers. In my case it is because I only bet on Aussie racing on Saturdays so they try to get me betting mid week.

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

I have had several successful weeks on the punt and I get the $5 offers. In my case it is because I only bet on Aussie racing on Saturdays so they try to get me betting mid week.

That makes sense. I only ever bet on Saturdays so could be a similar thing.

I get the $5 sports promotion offer - have to spend it that day or you lose it the next.

I tried to put $5 on a 81 shot - was only given $3 of it as my a/c is limited to winning $250 on any sports bet.

I find it quite comical.