RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

Summer Super Comp Results Thread

1423968975615.jpg

This is how Dave looked last night.. but I texted him and said.. don't worry.. we'll make amends today.. well the lads will.. maybe not so much me... I think he flickered a smile.. can't tell from that shot.. but I'm sure he'll be proud guys :) 

Well done :wub:  ... and the softer tracks are coming.. every day they get closer... our speciality :)   keep on plugging on :)

Beaut contest today HIghlanders, well done Pete :)  you stuck with the lovely Chestnut in the last and I didn't :)   Good on you.

STATS

Best Scores
456.20 Geoff 
429.80 Grant

429.60 Jack

428.00 Nekky

418.20 Hesi

Worst Scores 

79.00 Gary

76.00 Cam

64.00 Craig

33.00 Viceroy

0.00 Mr Gee

Most Winners

7 Geoff

6 Grant, Lloyd, Gruff, Hesi, Roger & Nekky

Most Quinellas

4 Grant

3 Hesi & Steve P

Biggest Winning Margin
428.00 Nekky (again !)

79.00 Gary

Narrowest Winning Margin

111.00 Forrest

107.00 Heather

Highest Losing Score

388.40 Lloyd

Lowest Winning Score
111.00 Forrest

Must say I regret my stirring remarks concerning the Blues being Easybeats....We only wanted them to waste their joker against the Mighty Manawatu Turbos.

Thanks for the thrasing Geoff [entered in the black book for future reference]

A week on the dry did the Turbos no harm....so tonight chuck out the ribena, and slosh down a good quantity of the bubbling stuff.

Thanks to PJ and all teams for participating in this "Magic" comp.

Well done Chiefs. Sorry team! I wuz sure trying....:) 6 winners 3 2nds [and each of those my sub won!! :blink: ] - however, still clearly in front till the last. Both Jack and I on Miracles of Life with a Best Bet; me thinking somewhat smugly that Rubick had to be a better chance than Jack's Va Pensiero for the quinella - Rubick a tragedy beaten for at least 2nd by.....drum roll.....Va Pensiero and the q pays $37!! Ha ha! Good on you Jack!

Love this comp!! ...not so happy about being in the damp and dark now though.... :ph34r: :ph34r:

Must say I regret my stirring remarks concerning the Blues being Easybeats....

Never regret telling the truth Brian.

Nice work Canes.  Good to give Cam a day off and still come away with a win.

Round 7 Draw

Meetings will be Trentham, Rosehill & Flemington

KAURI KATS (2nd) vs FERDIES (3rd)

Sarah F v PJ 

Graeme v Bryan

Pam v Heather

Sharne v Maurice

Sylvia v Viceroy

HURRICANES (1st) vs BLUES (7th)

Ray v Geoff

Cam v Moose

Hesi v Gruff

John v Rees

Steve v Howie

TURBOS (5th) vs CRUSADERS (6th)

Sarah M v Rob

Kay v Richard

Mike28 v Gary

Brian v  Richie

Jason v Dave

BARBARIANS (4th) vs HIGHLANDERS (10th)

RS Dude v Pogo

Steve P v Cubes

Forrest v Craig

Sasha v Lloyd

Mr Gee v Pete

CHIEFS (9th) vs STAGS (8th)

Grant v Casper

Tom v Nekky

Jack v Ian

Maria v Alan

Skoota v Roger

Looks like joker time next week. 

Good timing as it coincides with the rugby version of the Canes vs Blues.  Could be tough for the rugby Canes with the Blues pushing that powerhouse team, the Lions, so close tonight.

What's up with all these ex Canes?  Rees says I sacked him, Kay says we dropped him.  How? 

Well done Canes, saw off the pretenders without too much trouble.

You certainly like to pace yourself John, just doing enough to win.

When was the last time a team won 6 in a row

To answer your question Hesi.  The crusaders went thru the whole season unbeaten and also won the final. I think it was in 2002........................oh wait you meant in this comp................. ;)  :P  :D

Well done, Turbos ...we had our chance with Geoff leading the way with his comp-topping score and Gruff backing him up nicely. Bit of a "dollars-deficit" further down the pecking order however, saw us come up short.

But on the brighter side, next week we've finally got our crack at the Hurricanes ! As most in those comp know we tend to fly "under the radar" letting the others do all the talking ...this coming Saturday though we will come out of our shell to fly high, and in the process bring the Hurricanes "unbeaten" status completely undone.

There's only room for one major city in this here North Island ! Bring it on, baby ! :)

But on the brighter side, next week we've finally got our crack at the Hurricanes ! As most in those comp know we tend to fly "under the radar" letting the others do all the talking ...this coming Saturday though we will come out of our shell to fly high, and in the process bring the Hurricanes "unbeaten" status completely undone.

There's only room for one major city in this here North Island ! Bring it on, baby ! :)

yawn........AND you should also mention that the draw has been kind to you Howie..... :P

yawn........AND you should also mention that the draw has been kind to you Howie..... :P

Hi Steve

I think Howie has been mistakenly thinking that the teams in this comp have to mirror the real Super Rugby teams performance.

I have set him straight on that and even if the Blues play worse than last night (not really possible we will all agree) then we are still allowed to pick winners and win on PJ's comp.

Of course strategically speaking, the Canes are a shoe in for the final round now, so the clever thing would be to make sure the "Easybeats" made the finals too. ;)

Have a wonderful birthday Globe!! :)  

IMG_0370.png

Hope the year ahead is a good one for you Rees .. and your wheels stay on! :)

I think Im gonna cry. Thanks Chestnut. The wheels you mention have fallen off in many forms actually. I have only recently got my brain cells down to a manageable level and do not worry about short term memory anymore as it went with the wheel.

In fact ,if I park my car now I get a valet to do it as at least he will remember where the bloody thing is parked.

I indeed will have a great day,altho wont remember doing so.

Thnx again, Bill er Bob hmm, so it was a 12 oclock appointment then,ok see you tomorrow.

Yeah Happy Birthday you old fart!!! :D

You dodged a bullet methinks this weekend.

Another prized scalp to add to the tally, hm one I think.

I hope you warned John( although he should have taken more notice when I was yr top paid dog) that when the chips are down The Globe comes out fighting.

Cheers Bro

ROUND 7

Race 1 - Trentham R3

1st 3 Endeavour W-$2.20

2nd 1 Postboy Q-$6.30

Scr: 4

2 KAURI KATS (2nd) 135.20

0 FERDIES (3rd) 88.00

Everyone except the scorer on the winning fave while Sarah and Graeme added the quinella to give the Kats an early lead.

34.60 Sarah F

0.00 PJ 

34.60 Graeme

22.00 Bryan

22.00 Pam

22.00 Heather

22.00 Sharne

22.00 Maurice

22.00 Sylvia

22.00 Viceroy

2 HURRICANES (1st) 56.60

2 BLUES (7th) 66.00

John (with a quinella) & Hesi kick off for the 'Canes with the winning fave but so do Blues trio Rees, Moose & Geoff so all square in the big match.

0.00 Ray

22.00 Geoff

0.00 Cam

22.00 Moose

22.00 Hesi

0.00 Gruff

34.60 John

22.00 Rees

0.00 Steve

0.00 Howie

1 TURBOS (5th) 100.60

3 CRUSADERS (6th) 147.80

All the Manawatu side bar Sarah find the Bosson bolter but so do 'Saders trio Dave (with a quinella), Richie (with a BB) and Richard )with a BB quinella) to grab an early advantage.

0.00 Sarah M

0.00 Rob

22.00 Kay

69.20 Richard

22.00 Mike28

0.00 Gary

34.60 Brian

44.00  Richie

22.00 Jason

34.60 Dave

0 BARBARIANS* (4th) 56.60

0 HIGHLANDERS (10th) 56.60

Opponents Pogo and The Dude start the day with a quinella while Sasha and Lloyd (also playing each other), make a winning start too.

34.60 RS Dude

34.60 Pogo

0.00 Steve P

0.00 Cubes

0.00 Forrest

0.00 Craig

22.00 Sasha

22.00 Lloyd

0.00 Mr Gee

0.00 Pete

1 CHIEFS (9th) 66.00

2 STAGS (8th) 78.60

Jack, Tom & Grant get the Waikatos underway but so do Nekky (with a quinella), Roger & Ian for Southland who take an early lead.

22.00 Grant

0.00 Casper

22.00 Tom

34.60 Nekky

22.00 Jack

22.00 Ian

0.00 Maria

0.00 Alan

0.00 Skoota

22.00 Roger

* playing Joker