RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Rambling_Kidd

Going To Sydney In April, But

don't think the races are on the cards.

Going to Sydney to see the TIGERS play at Leichardt, thought I may check out the racing, but its Golden Slipper day  ...  :mellow:   

Admission at the moment is $A80 - 100 with just a grandstand seat ! 

Will there be some cheaper general admission tickets on the day ?

Have not been to Sydney racing since the late 70s ...

Basically the weekend is for the football (moi) and shopping (missus), just wondering if the races are a go ...

We will be going back in July and maybe a winters day at Rosehill, will be more to my liking .....   

Good Luck,

I was , and still are, a Tigers fan...The exciting days of Benji at his best and a master coach like Tim Sheens at the helm was irresistable.

They so often paid over the odds on margin bets that were quite readable.

Sounds like a good trip...All the best

Yes I'm a Tigers fan.Went to Leich.to see Tigers beat Parra this year.Great venue.Battle of the also rans as it turned out.

Wouldn't go within 10 miles of Rosehill on Slipper day unless you like lining up for everything including toilet.Don't be surprised to see females in men's toilet as their cue is longer.

Last time I went was 2003 and would be surprised if anything has changed.Watched the race that day over the road at the Rosehill bowlo.

Avoid..

Yes I'm a Tigers fan.Went to Leich.to see Tigers beat Parra this year.Great venue.Battle of the also rans as it turned out.

Wouldn't go within 10 miles of Rosehill on Slipper day unless you like lining up for everything including toilet.Don't be surprised to see females in men's toilet as their cue is longer.

Last time I went was 2003 and would be surprised if anything has changed.Watched the race that day over the road at the Rosehill bowlo.

Avoid..

Wouldn't want to see a female with anything resembling a cue Memphis :o

Right, may just avoid the Slipper then,

a race I never really liked or rated, just happened to be the meeting that weekend !

Be a bummer if Chris Waller wins it ...  :o

If the entry was only 20 bucks or so, maybe we could gone for a few races and the atmosphere ... :)

Imagine a racecourse FULL of people ......

Long time Tigers fan here too Rambling Kidd (is your user name related to the Reg Weatherly trained pacer by chance?)

I love to go to the races whenever I am traveling and have had some great experiences over the years.

I stood in line and paid $65 Aussie for ground admission only to the Cox Plate a couple of years back and didn't mind the admission cost at all.

I did get to see Black Caviar, More Joyous and So You Think that day so I was pretty lucky there.

I'd recommend paying up and going. Good or bad, it will be an experience that you will remember which is what holidays are about.

Cheers

Phil

Phil, that would be the day Pinker Pinker, thru a brilliant ride by Craig Williams, ran down Jimmy Choux? BC won the sprint that day. I was there too and Darryl Braithwaite, former lead singer of the great Aussie band, Sherbet, sang "Horses" before the running of the Cox Plate. Was that the time you were there? If so, can you recall the public singing along with Braithwaite, "We'll go riding on the horses Yeh Yeh, way up in the sky little darlin.......". What an atmosphere!

Phil, that would be the day Pinker Pinker, thru a brilliant ride by Craig Williams, ran down Jimmy Choux? BC won the sprint that day. I was there too and Darryl Braithwaite, former lead singer of the great Aussie band, Sherbet, sang "Horses" before the running of the Cox Plate. Was that the time you were there? If so, can you recall the public singing along with Braithwaite, "We'll go riding on the horses Yeh Yeh, way up in the sky little darlin.......". What an atmosphere!

One year earlier I think (2010). Black Caviar won the Schillaci and More Joyous tried to dictate from the front in the Cox Plate, only to be outmuscled by So You Think.

Rambling Kidd from the Alexanders of Ohaupo barn.  :)  

made a tidy sum from that one .....  went to Alexandra Park every weekend, usually Friday nights, in those days. 

though apparently there was also a galloper back in the thirties/forties ?, from the Te Kuiti area.  

Rambling Kidd from the Alexanders of Ohaupo barn.  :)  

made a tidy sum from that one .....  went to Alexandra Park every weekend, usually Friday nights, in those days. 

though apparently there was also a galloper back in the thirties/forties ?, from the Te Kuiti area.  

Ah - Alexanders - got that a bit wrong but I do remember the horse.

No. I was there the day Pinker Pinker won the Cox Plate and beat JC. Black Caviar won on the same program, the Moir Stakes. But they both won the same day. The previous year, 2010, SUT won the Cox and I think BC won the Moir Stakes that day as well. The Schillaci Stakes is run at Caulfield anyway!

No. I was there the day Pinker Pinker won the Cox Plate and beat JC. Black Caviar won on the same program, the Moir Stakes. But they both won the same day. The previous year, 2010, SUT won the Cox and I think BC won the Moir Stakes that day as well. The Schillaci Stakes is run at Caulfield anyway!

Sorry Trump, was referring to Phil's post when I quoted yours (that he attended in 2010).

And you are indeed correct, it was the Moir Stakes that she won both years. For some reason I keep thinking of it as the Schillaci (which funnily enough, BC won in 2010 and 2011 as well).