RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GONSTA

Shoot out?

What happened to this race? Always use to enjoy it when I was a bit younger and didn't follow the sport as closely as these days. Am guessing the 4 dog race didn't get the required turnover to make it feasible...

What would your field be from the dogs running around currently? Mine below.

Speed Legend

Piggy Back

Raw Energy

Ate To Much

Reserves-

Know Class

Ritza Jack

There was always very low turnover on it. Think your picks are about right tho I'd have

Speed Legend
Piggy Back
Gordon Bale

Ritza Jack

Speed Legend would obviously jump last. The other three would tear out but Speed Legend would monster them.

There was always very low turnover on it. Think your picks are about right tho I'd have

Speed Legend

Piggy Back

Gordon Bale

Ritza Jack

Speed Legend would obviously jump last. The other three would tear out but Speed Legend would monster them.

your onto it blunty

Oh yeah the hurdles were great. Sabre Sound, Mr Bombastic were a couple i remember from awhile back. Used to win them on end

Yep, Our Patch, Gone Troppo, Aranui Flash.  Used to take huge percentage trifectas because only a few could jump in each race.  They paid really well.  It's a travesty they don't bring them back. 

The last shoot-out was run at Auckland contained 4 x David and Jean Fahey dogs - it was $5,000 nomination and the winner received $20,000 

Previousy owners had to put up $5,000 each starter and the prizemoney was anywhere up to $60,000 to the winner

Think with the dogs listed, would not be hard to get the owners to stump up $5,000 if the return was say $25,000+ winner take all

You could run it in between Waterloo Cup and NZ Cup as a lead up race

The last shoot-out was run at Auckland contained 4 x David and Jean Fahey dogs - it was $5,000 nomination and the winner received $20,000 

Previousy owners had to put up $5,000 each starter and the prizemoney was anywhere up to $60,000 to the winner

Think with the dogs listed, would not be hard to get the owners to stump up $5,000 if the return was say $25,000+ winner take all

You could run it in between Waterloo Cup and NZ Cup as a lead up race

What about trainers nomming one dog each so you would get a field of 4 different trainers dogs...or something similar?

You could also run a Sprint Shoot Out - say

Bright Star

Dixie Lee

Zebidiah

More Better

And a 600m Distance and a 779m Distance on the same program

Similar to The Meadows with the Temlee, Rookie Rebeland Bold Terese all on the same card

Bright Star

Dixie Lee

Zebidiah

More Better

Similar to The Meadows with the Temlee, Rookie Rebeland Bold Terese all on the same card

Bright Star

Dixie Lee

Zebidiah

More Better

Outstanding idea.  Zebediah wouldn't qualify these days.  Who would I have instead?  I'm not sure!  Would have to think about it.

Guru Goose.

I agree Zebidiah wouldn't make the field on his current form, I'd either have Goose or Ciri Rioli who has been low flying for fahey lately. Theirs no incentive for sprinters to travel these days hence why we are never lucky enough to see Dixie vs bright star etc. I like your idea Jibbs.

I agree Zebidiah wouldn't make the field on his current form, I'd either have Goose or Ciri Rioli who has been low flying for fahey lately. Theirs no incentive for sprinters to travel these days hence why we are never lucky enough to see Dixie vs bright star etc. I like your idea Jibbs.

Yep, there should definetly be Group 1 sprints to go with this Shoot Out idea.  Everyone knows there's too many sprints but like Reilly says, match up the top sprinters and turnover would soar. 

Yep, there should definetly be Group 1 sprints to go with this Shoot Out idea.  Everyone knows there's too many sprints but like Reilly says, match up the top sprinters and turnover would soar. 

dusty I don't think 4 dog sprint races will have a big turnover I think aquaman would have fit if they introduced them

dusty I don't think 4 dog sprint races will have a big turnover I think aquaman would have fit if they introduced them

Apparently some didn't in the past but I think they would be excellent betting propositions and would be inclined to bet more. 

The previous Shoot Out was run at Auckland but ChCh or Hatrick would suit for all 4 distance races if they were programmed

to be fair I don't think bright star will want to travel apart from that all his races have been won on one track

She's had 1 go at Waikato, obviously struggled at the 375m.  Only had 2 goes at Wanganui for a 2nd.  Hard to say she's a one track dog at this stage in my opinion.  How do you know you don't like Burger King if you've never tried it?

but it has tried it