RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gruff

Auckland cup bore

Looked like a precession,cant believe allpress rode blood brotha cold going for unprecedented 3 big cups in a season. Craig williams rode chapperone forward knowing the dawdle was on and coupled with track staff that forget to turn the tap off everytime they irrigate you get substandard racing.Sangster got the softest run you will ever see,2.47 through the 2600 coming home in 36.4 sitting behind the untested hand of faith.not flash

Certainly some positives louise and turny but overall some poor rides from senior riders,allpress particularly.michael walker found more trouble on ransomed than oscar pistorius,jonathan parkes must be choking.Full marks to rosie myers riding arcenial,was pulling hard on early dawdle and had to make a play,your in the big race put yourself in with a chance

If you thought before the race that anything was actually going to beat Sangster - you're living the dream -  a daydream! Run it a thousand different ways - Sangster wins. Fair dinkum - best horse, best weighted, best drawn, best jockey .....

If you thought before the race that anything was actually going to beat Sangster - you're living the dream - a daydream! Run it a thousand different ways - Sangster wins. Fair dinkum - best horse, best weighted, best drawn, best jockey .....

. We will never know lloyd. 3.23.3 sitting in trail makes you impossible to beat.The best stayers in the race were no chance on a 23 400 .never put in the race

Jeez H Jimmy, Why do we have to moan about this. This was the only green piece of grass for like ever. Who cares if they ran slow in a drought. Well done Ellerslie you protected the horses as best you could.

Come Saturday and there is a 2yo thats been offered 1.6 mill nett for and you will moan if she can't run 1.10 . Lets hope she wins and is in one piece and heads to Sydney for the final and big one of the season. Cmon Gruff easy up FGS 

Not today lindsay,and the times throughout the day tell a tale even allowing for our stop start style of 'racing' .Ive always been a huge fan of any competitive racing and we are not seeing it for the most part these days.Were horses breaking down left right and centre when the tracks firmed up in the past?The firmer the track the more consistent the surface.What has happened to the cutaway that seemed so effective at ellerslie back in the day?

I,m sort of with you on this one Gruffy. Punters get the opportunity to view all the stats on good, dead, soft, heavy tracks...Trainers have the opportunity to scratch if conditions or barrier draws don,t suit, so whats all the fuss about...run on good tracks or let clubs water accordingly to take the sting out of them.

Winters on its way to refill all the rivers and bring the sir slicks back into town after the worst drought in a couple of decades.....Hastings managed to run last Saturday in a drought,Sherriff posted earlier Waipa has cancelled due to the drought....(lack of noms)

BUT is this really justification to spend money on an all weather track in Waikato (or is it to be seen to be competitive with. overseas track surfaces?)......

Anyway I tried to pick something to beat you at the odds O.P ...FOOLISH

Yeah but he also said it was worth wasting for./ got the two miles. I actuually thought Craig Williams ride was,nt the flashest yet still managed 3rd...You might be right and so may he have been...they needed to be up on the pace.  

I couldnt fault the thieves on wheels interdom day,great racing.Every race was run like you would expect of a premier day and the grand final was won by a superb effort from a phenomenol horse,slick times all day.I cant say the same about the gallops code,The trans tasman rivalry has been fantastic for harness and the same can be said about australian racing with the kiwi injection. I cant say the same of the local product,there are some exciting prospects and the odd race lives up to expectation but generally mostly uncontested dawdles.If you were on sangster you were rushing round the back of the tote at the 1000

I must say it is helping with the punting,secrets onlys run last week on a dawdle was huge,so the 6.5 yesterday was nice along with more than sacred,those who saw the run against fix on a dawdle would of been pretty excited seeing 6 in that lineup and the 21s on offer for the oaks yesterday was great value.I liked the change of tactics adopted to suit the on pace bias we are seeing.Fix has used this with immediate success after always looking unlucky storming home late in the piece.Get handy or your nowhere,kekovas run yesterday on diademes sprint home was fantastic along with viadana,hopefully that get races run to suit soon

Yep pretty much right there Lloyd, the only class stayer in the field, and the only stayer in NZ that might be competitive in the MC

El Soldado, how underated, 2nd in the City of Auckland Cup, beats the rest of the field easily, and pays $17 for a place!

Hesi - I think a genuine, hard run 3200m would find him out. I'd be much more confident of him pulling off a race like the Australian Cup over 2000m or even the Caulfield Cup. I reckon he's best at 2000 -2400m at TOP level.

Yesterday he was simply too good for that field with the weight and draw he had - but the Melbourne Cup? Not quite so sure, but if he was mine and won for example the Caulfield Cup - I'd be tempted!! :)

Hesi - I think a genuine, hard run 3200m would find him out. :)

are you suggesting this cup wasnt a genuine staying test lloyd? They went 23 home so they ran back to back 1.30 1400s before sangster cut loose from a handy position making it impossible for

Anything to make ground,particularly as you pointed out how well off at the weights he was.I cannot understand how fellow jockeys riding the good staying types thought they could beat this on pace special riding cold races,particularly allpress,raymond connors must of been shaking his head,to be near last on the rails he would of wished he booked a claiming apprentice

I must say it is helping with the punting,secrets onlys run last week on a dawdle was huge,so the 6.5 yesterday was nice along with more than sacred,those who saw the run against fix on a dawdle would of been pretty excited seeing 6 in that lineup and the 21s on offer for the oaks yesterday was great value.I liked the change of tactics adopted to suit the on pace bias we are seeing.on

. Couldnt believe the trackside crew saying theres a late move for sacred coming into 7s,was 12-1(n/n) and drifted 14,16,18,then 21 before winning sunline,then was quoted 5-1 ,the run against fix stamped this horse as an oaks type and went out at ridiculous money given the lack of competition.hope you got some

Well done OP Bosson - gifted for sure, but well done

agree as always Turny  good on Trent bussittin and Tommy Heptinstall

nothing boring about a certainty winning

What about Natuzzi  yesterday  scintillating??

And a great ride AS WELL!!

Almost as good as the ride on O'Fille eh Rumpole.....

Yes a great ride on Natuzzi - CWJ must be close to getting "the Key to Trentham" - just how many people go there to see his talents - Brilliant ride, my Bank Manager very very happy with me

Amost as good as the ride on O'Fille eh Rumpole.....

O'Fille is a classy horse and agree a great "no panic" ride - Just like CWJ our Harry suited to larger tracks when he can settle them and have the last run

Ted, Just finished Harry's book - a super read.

Tom 

Looked like a precession,cant believe allpress rode blood brotha cold going for unprecedented 3 big cups in a season. Craig williams rode chapperone forward knowing the dawdle was on and coupled with track staff that forget to turn the tap off everytime they irrigate you get substandard racing.Sangster got the softest run you will ever see,2.47 through the 2600 coming home in 36.4 sitting behind the untested hand of faith.not flash

......good to see mr connors getting a good result today in sydney,was 26-1 for sydney cup before today,michael rodd must be wondering how this horse didnt go close in the auckland cup!