RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pogo

Black Sardine (aus)

Guest 2Admin2
Half the field were resuming stayers / middle distance horses, so you couldn't expect them to go forward. The two sprinters settled in front of Black Caviar, and were ridden to run second which i suppose is the tragedy. They still both got well beaten (for a place), so I'm not sure they would have done any better had the pace been on - had they been out rolling along in front the rest of the field would have been even better suited.

Yes the Expressway was a better quality (sprint wise) field. And what's up with people saying Black Caviar could have gone up to Sydney to take them on...she was the one running in the G1 worth double the money of the G2...I'm sure they have floats going the other way

Excellent points and I agree with Sheriff based on the way she ran on Saturday 2000m wouldn't be beyond her.

I watched the race at my local - a dozen people came in off the street just before the race - didn't get a drink but watched the race and left soon after a buzz and in awe. So much for being boring!

I mentioned once again to some friends that you could balance a cup of tea on her back and it wouldn't spill - one replied you could rest a pint of beer on the jockey's back and he wouldn't spill it. If you noticed the jockey didn't touch her other than a barely perceptible pushing his right hand into her neck - the after burners came on!..... Incredible!

Why don't the challengers come to beat her on her turf?

I also can't believe the individuals on here talking about team tactics and boxing her in i.e. create bad luck to beat her. Would take a brave jockey and horse to box her 600kg's in.

..you've a fine respect quotient., consequently, you see plenty in a race, of it...and of a horse

Excellent!, ..at that level, horses will always reward you..or you'll glean considerable:flower:reward:cocktail::cigar:

..rosie one, rooboy, push the button and sherrif;) ..others too earlier i'd guess;)

"I also can't believe the individuals on here talking about team tactics and boxing her in i.e. create bad luck to beat her."

Well obviously no horse in Australasia can beat her on her merits, so as an owner or trainer I would have thought everyone lining up against her is trying to think of a way to beat her and not simply running for second?

especially you Pogo.

The fact that her time on Sat was 8 lengths outside the average for the course and distance is of no interest. She ran and bolted in under a strangle.

Also, most of you wouldn't know Peter Moody. I do. He's actually been to my place for a BBQ with his wife and kids. Not part of a crowd, just Peter and family.

He would not rap this horse if he didn't believe she was the champ she is. He wouldn't say "we are thinking of taking on Frankel over 1600m" if he didnt believe she was capable of it. He doesn't talk up and he lets the horses talk for him. So please don't compare the treatment of BC with that of Weekend Hustler.

Pogo, you are right, BC is not beating the best but she's beating "easily" what is on offer. All trainers Aust wide are acknowleging her superiority. There's probably only Sepoy and a fit Hay List amongst the few that would give her a test up to 1400m. But 18 in a row so far? Come on Pogo, your comparisons with Sunline and S.Impose are making you look silly - which I'm sure you're not.

"Also, most of you wouldn't know Peter Moody. I do. He's actually been to my place for a BBQ with his wife and kids. Not part of a crowd, just Peter and family.

He would not rap this horse if he didn't believe she was the champ she is. He wouldn't say "we are thinking of taking on Frankel over 1600m" if he didnt believe she was capable of it"

I don't doubt that for one minute.

I can't see it happening. If Mohammad won't go to the mountain and the mountain won't come to Mohammad. What have you got? ... "Stale Mate". What offer would have to be put up to make that conflict happen? It would have to be one that one of the connections couldn't refuse. (I think)

I heard it said that beating Black Caviar would have been like killing Bambi.

How sweet is that? She is everybodies darling no matter who she is racing against.

I reckon she is the best since god made little apples. no jockey would want to beat her up because Moody would never ever give them a ride out of his stable thats for sure. would you?

Come on Pogo, your comparisons with Sunline and S.Impose are making you look silly - which I'm sure you're not.

i would question this

Are you actually reading pogos material Varro? He and everyone who has seen this horse run realises they are seeing something very special ,almost unique .Would you prefer seeing muhamed Ali fighting Joe Frazier or George foreman or fighting sonny bill with don king as promoter?... Most of the people replying to this thread would be more than happy as they get to watch a champion

I reckon she is the best since god made little apples. no jockey would want to beat her up because Moody would never ever give them a ride out of his stable thats for sure. would you?

Translation:

Beating her ..... "finishing in front of her"

NOT

Beat her up as in the jockey hitting her with the whip.

i would question this

Are you actually reading pogos material Varro? He and everyone who has seen this horse run realises they are seeing something very special ,almost unique .Would you prefer seeing muhamed Ali fighting Joe Frazier or George foreman or fighting sonny bill with don king as promoter?... Most of the people replying to this thread would be more than happy as they get to watch a champion

You've got it. That is exactly the point that is trying to be made.

Mind you I am sure some people dream about Sonny having a punch up with the "Black Super Man." (I am not being racist, just remembering the song).

b---s--t walks, so they say. Well I heard an interview today and the guy being interviewed virtually declared/suggested/ let out a secret etc etc, that Peter M was in Dubai right now. He said that the word is the Sheiks want the 2 best horses to race each other. They have said to have offerred a private jet to fly BC over. Also the owners, trainers etc in private jet, plus, free accomm at the 7 star Al something or another Hotel (looks like a feather or wave) for all, plus plus.

Pogo. why would the Arabs do this if they thought she was a Sardine?They respect class horses and this gesture shows their respect for the class of BC.

This is a freak animal. They don't win 18 in a row and "how many G1's"?

If she goes to Dubai she probably faces Sepoy. Now that would be interesting. Pete will say all the usual things like, "this is another step up etc etc and all the downplay things", but quietly I think Pete will be supremely confident and his usual gracious self if she gets beat.

Sounds very interesting, but the 18 in a row is insignificant when talking up an international campaign. Just let her be known for some of the fantastic wins earlier in her campaign, before the circus arrived in town

especially you Pogo.

The fact that her time on Sat was 8 lengths outside the average for the course and distance is of no interest. She ran and bolted in under a strangle.

Also, most of you wouldn't know Peter Moody. I do. He's actually been to my place for a BBQ with his wife and kids. Not part of a crowd, just Peter and family.

He would not rap this horse if he didn't believe she was the champ she is. He wouldn't say "we are thinking of taking on Frankel over 1600m" if he didnt believe she was capable of it. He doesn't talk up and he lets the horses talk for him. So please don't compare the treatment of BC with that of Weekend Hustler.

Pogo, you are right, BC is not beating the best but she's beating "easily" what is on offer. All trainers Aust wide are acknowleging her superiority. There's probably only Sepoy and a fit Hay List amongst the few that would give her a test up to 1400m. But 18 in a row so far? Come on Pogo, your comparisons with Sunline and S.Impose are making you look silly - which I'm sure you're not.

Each to their own, i would much much rather have owned Rough Habit (nz) Super Impose (nz) or Sunline (nz) than Black Sardine (aus)

Black Sardine(aus) beating off half fit stayers and muppets that allow the first 800 to be run in 51.75 is a farce.

Bring on the Cox Plate...hahahahaha

Mind you I am sure some people dream about Sonny having a punch up with the "Black Super Man." (I am not being racist, just remembering the song).

sorry perhaps my post wasnt clear. i was questioning pogos intellect. I am a huge fan of black caviar and i admire each win. i enjoy watching class and she certainly is. also no im not really a boxing fan i would prefer to watch UFC personally i think its alot better but i wasnt around in the ali or fraizer days gruff however i do enjoy the odd replay i see. and no i cant SBW and will enjoy the day he gets knocked out because he isnt a boxer and is building sxome of his fame in beating bludgers and cripples.

sorry perhaps my post wasnt clear. i was questioning pogos intellect. I am a huge fan of black caviar and i admire each win. i enjoy watching class and she certainly is. also no im not really a boxing fan i would prefer to watch UFC personally i think its alot better but i wasnt around in the ali or fraizer days gruff however i do enjoy the odd replay i see. and no i cant SBW and will enjoy the day he gets knocked out because he isnt a boxer and is building sxome of his fame in beating bludgers and cripples

funniest post ever

my intellect is in disputable.....

sorry perhaps my post wasnt clear. i was questioning pogos intellect. I am a huge fan of black caviar and i admire each win. i enjoy watching class and she certainly is. also no im not really a boxing fan i would prefer to watch UFC personally i think its alot better but i wasnt around in the ali or fraizer days gruff however i do enjoy the odd replay i see. and no i cant SBW and will enjoy the day he gets knocked out because he isnt a boxer and is building sxome of his fame in beating bludgers and cripples

funniest post ever

my intellect is in disputable.....

you aussies really are a different breed. are you from tazzie by anychance?

QUOTE POGO

Thats a good statement. But why then bag BC? It's like me saying I would rather have owned Kingston Town than BC. That's fine, but I wouldn't bag other champions. I def would rather have owned Makybe Diva than any of the horses you mentioned - 3 MC's, Cox, BMW, etc etc. World's best Stayer ranking etc. But BC would still be a champ and I hope she goes overseas and kicks a few butts there too.

The noms are out for the Lightning on Sat. Now if they all accept then that is her strongest opposition for awhile.

QUOTE POGO

Thats a good statement. But why then bag BC? It's like me saying I would rather have owned Kingston Town than BC. That's fine, but I wouldn't bag other champions. I def would rather have owned Makybe Diva than any of the horses you mentioned - 3 MC's, Cox, BMW, etc etc. World's best Stayer ranking etc. But BC would still be a champ and I hope she goes overseas and kicks a few butts there too.

The noms are out for the Lightning on Sat. Now if they all accept then that is her strongest opposition for awhile.

where did i bag Black Sardine (aus) ?

I am interested in the great Australian jockey Greg Childs recent article however...

I'd like a shade of odds the Sardine doesn't line up on Saturday, if they do run we MAY get a competitive race which can only be a good thing...

See you see you at Moonee Valley....hahaha

how can you knock a horse that is unbeaten....

I bet your form guides are full of other champions that have a similar strike rate..

she can only race those who accept against her...check the nominations for her races and then the acceptances, the same thing will happen this week

if Hay List had not met this champ in races his strike rate would likely be 17 wins from 20 starts...

in the TJ Smith last year Hay List kicked clear by 4 lengths on the turn and was run down....

he tried the same again in the Doomben 10000 and ran second by 3 lengths...

in her second race BC fell out of the gates, tearing her chest muscles and still won....

if you want to see what BC is doing for racing, go to the track where she is racing and see the buzz she creates...BC is good for racing

how can you knock a horse that is unbeaten....

I bet your form guides are full of other champions that have a similar strike rate..

she can only race those who accept against her...check the nominations for her races and then the acceptances, the same thing will happen this week

if Hay List had not met this champ in races his strike rate would likely be 17 wins from 20 starts...

in the TJ Smith last year Hay List kicked clear by 4 lengths on the turn and was run down....

he tried the same again in the Doomben 10000 and ran second by 3 lengths...

in her second race BC fell out of the gates, tearing her chest muscles and still won....

if you want to see what BC is doing for racing, go to the track where she is racing and see the buzz she creates...BC is good for racing

another dunce surfaces.

where did i knock Black Sardine (aus)?

Nothing was more boring than the CF Orr BOAT RACE....

Thousands of Pollyannas flocking to the races when entry is FREE is doing very little for the good of racing other than selling a few extra meat pies and racebooks.

IF the Sardine runs Saturday we MAY get a race not a BOAT RACE.....

See you see you at Moonee Valley jerry jerry..

Thank you for lightening the air on this forum.

If Black Caviar lines up in the Lightening then I think the result will be the same as last week. If people put money on her they are nuts. Let's hope the winning gap is a little less than it was against the stayers.

Be interesting to see where she sits in the running given that Moody has surely trained her to run up to a mile this time in. I know she's never looked like having problems settling, but I don't think they'll want her to be up on the speed.

From a spectator's point of view I'd love to see her come from just worse than midfield and swamp them running away