RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pogo

Black Sardine (aus)

Guest 2Admin2

Funniest Thread ever!

Not only that the link is six months old!

the sardine is a Godsend for race clubs as the pollyannas flock to see her continue her winning run...

BUT imagine if some of these lemmings had witnessed Rough Habit up along the fence in the Straddie, or Super Impose flying down the outside to nab Shaftesbury Avenue in the Doncaster, then there would be more chance of them becoming regular fans.

The Black Sardine adulation = booooooooorrrrring !

the sardine is a Godsend for race clubs as the pollyannas flock to see her continue her winning run...

BUT imagine if some of these lemmings had witnessed Rough Habit up along the fence in the Straddie, or Super Impose flying down the outside to nab Shaftesbury Avenue in the Doncaster, then there would be more chance of them becoming regular fans.

The Black Sardine adulation = booooooooorrrrring !

Sunline flogging great horses in the 2000 Cox Plate. Plus beating Hong Kongs best at the time in HK.

Kinscem 54 out of 54 across 10 different countries.

Djokovic 7 wins in the row against the supposed best ever!

Carabella vs Bettor Cover Lover, two champion mares in the harness code.

Takeover Target winning around the world in G1 races! Not just beating city mid-week horses like the current champ.

All are performances worthy of far more adulation and respect than Black 'Pams canned salmon' yuck!

Sunline flogging great horses in the 2000 Cox Plate. Plus beating Hong Kongs best at the time in HK.

Kinscem 54 out of 54 across 10 different countries.

Djokovic 7 wins in the row against the supposed best ever!

Carabella vs Bettor Cover Lover, two champion mares in the harness code.

Takeover Target winning around the world in G1 races! Not just beating city mid-week horses like the current champ.

All are performances worthy of far more adulation and respect than Black 'Pams canned salmon' yuck!

I prefer Sealord or john west...

Saw Roughie win the Straddy from last.

Like to see the Sardine come from last and weave through the field to win .Then again would be a cold day in hell when Moody runs her in a quality handicap like the Straddy.

Have my doubts Nolen would be able to do it Pumper style as well.

Bit like Lohnro.Could have gone out in a blaze of glory in the Doncaster but they took the soft option and he got stiffed by 6.

Funny pogo and sadly very true for the viewers but not for the connections. Nothing exciting about watching hot favourite beat errrrr.....who?

Guest 2Admin2

Sunline was great but don't get into a comparison with Black Caviar or miss enjoying the present.

Black Caviar is exceptional - runs very fast times close to track records and everything else is a distant second. As shown in another thread she has a very long stride (as long as Secretariat and Bernborough) which indicates she has incredible lung capacity - don't be surprised if she gets a mile with ease.

She would also have to be one of the most efficient gallopers I've seen - you could balance a cup of tea on her back and not spill a drop.

It has been said that wise people don't compare past champions to present champions - which is true.

Do you really get excited about watching Black Caviar running over 1200m against 'errr who?'

I would not seriously compare BC to Sunline. There is no camparison, one was the Worlds Champion mare.

As for comparisons. Here you are admin2 comparing Black Caviars stride to Secretariat. How can you talk about those two in the same breath?

Guest 2Admin2
It has been said that wise people don't compare past champions to present champions - which is true.

Do you really get excited about watching Black Caviar running over 1200m against 'errr who?'

I would not seriously compare BC to Sunline. There is no camparison, one was the Worlds Champion mare.

As for comparisons. Here you are admin2 comparing Black Caviars stride to Secretariat. How can you talk about those two in the same breath?

Yes the hairs on my neck tingle when I see her race and win and I get goose bumps all over. Black Caviar is an incredible athlete. Only bad luck and/or injury will beat her.

Don't underestimate the opposition she is beating - Hay List would wipe our best sprinters the same way she does to him. Trainers are now avoiding her so as not to break their horses hearts.

Good luck to Moody for managing her to win 17 on end!

Physiologically there is something special about Black Caviar and subsequently her stats compared to other champion horses that we know the stats of are very similar.

After an argument in the local the other night about Black Caviar's stride I was told by a horse trainer that a middle distance/stayer would have a longer stride than a sprinter. I researched it and found out that Black Caviar has a stride the same length as Secretariat and Man O'War. Secretariat and Bernborough are reputed to hold the record for stride length.

Horse Physiologists have shown a direct relationship between stride length and lung/oxygen intake volume. Which would tend to suggest that Black Caviar has a huge breathing capacity. That is highlighted by the effortless ease she runs near track record times.

Yes the hairs on my neck tingle when I see her race and win and I get goose bumps all over. Black Caviar is an incredible athlete. Only bad luck and/or injury will beat her.

Don't underestimate the opposition she is beating - Hay List would wipe our best sprinters the same way she does to him. Trainers are now avoiding her so as not to break their horses hearts.

Good luck to Moody for managing her to win 17 on end!

Physiologically there is something special about Black Caviar and subsequently her stats compared to other champion horses that we know the stats of are very similar.

After an argument in the local the other night about Black Caviar's stride I was told by a horse trainer that a middle distance/stayer would have a longer stride than a sprinter. I researched it and found out that Black Caviar has a stride the same length as Secretariat and Man O'War. Secretariat and Bernborough are reputed to hold the record for stride length.

Horse Physiologists have shown a direct relationship between stride length and lung/oxygen intake volume. Which would tend to suggest that Black Caviar has a huge breathing capacity. That is highlighted by the effortless ease she runs near track record times.

Interesting points about stride length and lung/oxygen intake volume. Wouldn't you think from reading the above that Black Caviar just might be suited to a longer distance? I have always thought a big pump (heart) is part of the success of a thorougbred athelete. Not to mention the power that comes from a strong muscled rear end which obviously Black Caviar has.

I think generally people would rather see a titanic battle or phenomenal finishing sprint than a horse winning on three legs against average opposition ,particularly of late, it is taking the gloss off the sardine and does have an aire of human control about it.

I wonder why it is NZ racing is in turmoil....with this thread its obvious...why do you have to knock her or her connections she is here for a short time why not enjoy her and stop the tall poppy syndrome comments Dont know why I bother to even be on this

site at times

I wonder why it is NZ racing is in turmoil....with this thread its obvious...why do you have to knock her or her connections she is here for a short time why not enjoy her and stop the tall poppy syndrome comments Dont know why I bother to even be on this

site at times

funniest post ever

NZ racing isn't in turmoil because a number of observers believe despite Black Sardine (aus) undisputed quarter horse brilliance her races are as boring as bat droppings..

I note there is some debate whether she will run 1400mr, well that's silly isn't it?

The C F Orr will be a 600 or 800 mr sprint home.

I want to see Black Sardine(aus) lump 59 or 60 in a handicap, maybe a Stradbroke on a bog track, or run out a strong mile.

As the esteemed Kiwi judge Bazscs says the Australian thorougbreds have no stamina , is that the case with Black Sardine (aus) ?

Maybe we will find out in the Old Dart when the Sardine runs in the up hill down dale race.

If she gets that far, my mail is she is one tough run off retirement.

funniest post ever

NZ racing isn't in turmoil because a number of observers believe despite Black Sardine (aus) undisputed quarter horse brilliance her races are as boring as bat droppings..

I note there is some debate whether she will run 1400mr, well that's silly isn't it?

The C F Orr will be a 600 or 800 mr sprint home.

I want to see Black Sardine(aus) lump 59 or 60 in a handicap, maybe a Stradbroke on a bog track, or run out a strong mile.

As the esteemed Kiwi judge Bazscs says the Australian thorougbreds have no stamina , is that the case with Black Sardine (aus) ?

Maybe we will find out in the Old Dart when the Sardine runs in the up hill down dale race.

If she gets that far, my mail is she is one tough run off retirement.

you are correct. Will be a sprint home from about the 400m. Just seen the field, she's up against a few great stayers, Efficient and Southern Speed. The rest are average 1400m horses like Danzylum.

Mufhasa would kill them!

A couple of good Western Aussies, in Ranger and Playing God. but they're hardly 1400m horses.

I think Moody will see to it that she never has a tough run!

But I'd pay the Connections of one of the Horses in that race to make it a tough 1400.

I think the 20+YO Rough Habit would beat that field! How old is Roughie now?

site at times

Agree with you...If BC is SO BORING go watch something else - I bet if they owned a piece of her they would talk differently - not to mention loudly -

Apparently many people on this site don't LIKE horses per se, they seem to regard horses as a thing to blame when they bet on a horse that doesn't win - somehow it's the horses fault for not realising their dreams (ego), not ever that they selected the wrong horse that time. Good on BC and her connections - the biggest statement of all is that people are flocking to the track to see her - even if they are not 'big bettors' it is promoting horse racing for what it is - HORSE racing. Betting came after the horse...I too often wonder why I open this site - a relatively innocuous post can bring out a certain group of nasty knockers.

Some of the people on here are impossible. She is what she is, a sprinter (maybe a miler too, who knows). Even if she can't carry 60kg and run out a strong mile, so what? So far nothing has been able to get past her. Why would connections want to gut her by making her carry the grandstand at a distance that might (or might not) be outside her range?

And does no one remember that she carried 58kg in the Newmarket HANDICAP and won by 3

Guest 2Admin2
Some of the people on here are impossible. She is what she is, a sprinter (maybe a miler too, who knows). Even if she can't carry 60kg and run out a strong mile, so what? So far nothing has been able to get past her. Why would connections want to gut her by making her carry the grandstand at a distance that might (or might not) be outside her range?

And does no one remember that she carried 58kg in the Newmarket HANDICAP and won by 3

Don't worry the negative types are just displaying their ignorance. They tout themselves as experts but fail to recognise what a truly great horse Black Caviar is. She has won 17 races in the city - and absolutely crushed some very good sprinters in the process. Hay List for one.

She runs .1 off track records without being touched or extended and the rest are wallowing in her wake.

If they opened their eyes and focus on her galloping they will observe that she has one of the most perfect galloping actions. Poetry in motion - who needs to watch the opposition when you can just focus on watching her?

I'll be watching her win over 1400m at the weekend with goose bumps!

It would be great to see Black Caviar push the boundaries. 1400m upwards would be a real test of her brilliance.

People are not ignorant who say they are getting bored with watching her perform with brilliance over 1200m. Perhaps they would like to see her race against 'real' competition. People speak about her running outside the records, well maybe some would get excited if she broke records?

I guess it comes down to what excites the individual. Some people would love to see "competition" while others seem content with "exhibition gallops".

My personal opinion is, I think the connections are being cautious. They appear to be more obsessed with winning races end on end as opposed to testing her true ability.

A decent weight doesn't stop sprinters, many have carried close to 60 without to many problems and running time.the betting is always secondary to most people on this site, and many have a genuine love of the sport, pogo included. Nothing nasty about throwing out some opinions and a few seem a little too precious, don't turn this into something it isn't. Relax,sip on a nice neat brandy and nibble on a truffle and contemplate the sardines next start

Don't worry the negative types are just displaying their ignorance. They tout themselves as experts but fail to recognise what a truly great horse Black Caviar is. She has won 17 races in the city - and absolutely crushed some very good sprinters in the process. Hay List for one.

She runs .1 off track records without being touched or extended and the rest are wallowing in her wake.

If they opened their eyes and focus on her galloping they will observe that she has one of the most perfect galloping actions. Poetry in motion - who needs to watch the opposition when you can just focus on watching her?

I'll be watching her win over 1400m at the weekend with goose bumps!

couldnt think of a better way of putting it "poetry in motion". This mare has thrashed all her opponents, and the connections have made their plans quite clear as to where they start so i dont thinks its fair to say they are more concerned about just winning easy races. And she is beating very very good horses, if BC wasnt here then i think Hay List would probably be the best sprinter in the world or one of them yet BC destroyed him just about each time, do any of yous remeber that day at brisbane where she was about 3 lenghts behind him HL with 350 to go and she wins by about 2 lenghts, winning the new market with 58 on her back. Jesus you just cant win with some people, embrace a champion not discredit her. This type of horse is exactly what is needed for this industry