RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
howrude

Wins on end...

Hi all, does anybody know the amount of the most consecutive wins on end...Matanuska shooting for win number 48, 14 of which in a row, if he wins tomorrow. True champion, great to see!!

Cheers

:) :)

You are joking

The dog did not race against the best sprinters in NZ at addington or wanganui in those group races

Very astute training, but the dog is not a champion , cant run 457 either, go back to your monopoly

You are joking

The dog did not race against the best sprinters in NZ at addington or wanganui in those group races

Very astute training, but the dog is not a champion , cant run 457 either, go back to your monopoly

I maybe wrong but I do believe Matanuska has won over middle distance and started it's career as a mid distance dog but after an accident on the trainers property they decided to sprint him instead? Mike can confirm......

You are joking

Just had a look and he won 9 over mid distance and numerous placings before being forced to sprint....champion dog IMO

You are joking

what makes a champion ? this dog is producing superb races running times rarely seen. 20.7 375m at 18.1m/s. little mother and co are in same ballpark.to win 14 in a row brings you into an elite group and well deserved.class. monopoly is better than pocket billiards

you have to race to get as many wins as you can against the easiest opposition, this is called good placement....good luck to connections....as for the 457m I would love to see him at some stage over the journey again, he only just got beat in the derby as a juvenile remember so not just a sprinter!

You are joking

Rummo had 15 in a row, he was a champion, as is Matanuska.... He did run middle distance aswell in fact had 26 starts 9 wins and 11 placings, sprinting 56 starts, 38 wins and 13 placings and with nearly 88k in earnings he deserves the title of a champ....

Rummo had 15 in a row, he was a champion, as is Matanuska.... He did run middle distance aswell in fact had 26 starts 9 wins and 11 placings, sprinting 56 starts, 38 wins and 13 placings and with nearly 88k in earnings he deserves the title of a champ....

How many group races has it won?

It is easy for colleges and friends to call there dogs champions, but smell the coffee, I didn't see the connections of little mother bypass Nz cup for a c5 sprint at manawatu

You are joking

Jack78! You mate are a JACKARSE! I'll go back to my monopoly when the kids come around home; you need to go back to your homework as I do not know what you would define as a champion...

Didn't need to travel to beat the best Addington or Wanganui have/had as he had proven to slick for them in the Group 2 Auckland Co-op Taxis Railway Sprint Final...The likes of Know Joy, Hifi Allegro and Big Gift, and you still dont class this winner of 47 races and $87k in stakes a champion. You make me laugh mate!

Have a happy New Years son!!

what makes a champion ? this dog is producing superb races running times rarely seen. 20.7 375m at 18.1m/s. little mother and co are in same ballpark.to win 14 in a row brings you into an elite group and well deserved.class. monopoly is better than pocket billiards

I agree with you mate...Sizzling times, "golden" box speed. Better than good!!

This site is finally showing that people on here actually show some sense...

Cheers mate, 15. Unreal in my books, hard enough trying to string along one let alone 15 haha...

Happy New Years to all!!

How many group races has it won?

It is easy for colleges and friends to call there dogs champions, but smell the coffee, I didn't see the connections of little mother bypass Nz cup for a c5 sprint at manawatu

I am a friend yes... but wouldn't care who owned or trained him, the dog is a champ. We are talking about the dog, and in my view he is a champ.

Hi all, does anybody know the amount of the most consecutive wins on end...Matanuska shooting for win number 48, 14 of which in a row, if he wins tomorrow. True champion, great to see!!

Cheers

:) :)

Won't win tommorow, might get 3rd, then it will b forgotten

Won't win tommorow, might get 3rd, then it will b forgotten

But you make its sound like we chickened out of CHCH. Personal circumstances and the three trips made it impossible and there were valiid reasons we were not at Wanganui.

Dusty got it partly right when he mentioned the paddock accident. We have looked after him a bit since then and the number of wins in a row is of no importance to us as is the number of group races. If he never won another race we would not be bothered as he has done everything we ever expected of him already.

Champion means different things to different people and it is not up to me to opinion on that but what I will say is he is a very good dog who has had a huge number of problems in his career and manged to overcome them, he is a gentleman and the best natured dog of any breed we have ever owned.

But you make its sound like we chickened out of CHCH. Personal circumstances and the three trips made it impossible and there were valiid reasons we were not at Wanganui.

Dusty got it partly right when he mentioned the paddock accident. We have looked after him a bit since then and the number of wins in a row is of no importance to us as is the number of group races. If he never won another race we would not be bothered as he has done everything we ever expected of him already.

Champion means different things to different people and it is not up to me to opinion on that but what I will say is he is a very good dog who has had a huge number of problems in his career and manged to overcome them, he is a gentleman and the best natured dog of any breed we have ever owned.

Very nicely said Mike, many people would of flown off the handle at someone doubting their dog, all the best today with your team. If I owned a dog half as good as Matanuska I would be over the moon.

He is one of the best dogs I've seen. How many dogs win 50 odd races? When you've won that many it hardly matters what grade they are in(he has been in c5 for ages anyway). It would depend how you define a champion but if he isn't one you have very very high standards.

Cheers Mike, very well said mate. Have been a fan of him ever since! He's a champion in my books mate. Good Luck with today and the rest of his career!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hope he wins again, love watching him race, and dogs like Matanuska are what attracts people to the sport.

Lets highlight what a great dog he is, not try and find fault. If he is not a champion sprinter I don't know what qualifies as one then.

Can't understand why some show such jealousy, embrace and enjoy.