RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Hunterville

Ekraar

Great to see him get a G1 winner yesterday, remember watching him travel the world and was so genuine, good to see him leaving some top ones.

Hope he comes back next year. What is the chance of that happening?

I went to him twice to get a Filly, second time lucky.... first one is already won twice and out of 9 starts only out of money 3 times.

Just started on 2 year filly, great to get even more motovation seeing Extreme winning the G1.

The Ekraars seem to show a good amount of staimia and it shows when the pace is hot. :)

Great to see the Red Ransom bloodline continuing with success through Ekraar.

I heard a rumour he may be staying in NZ indefinately.

Pity he missed the season in '07 and no yearlings on offer this sales as the Ekraars are quality middle distance horses that will inevitably enjoy success in Oz and will no doubt be sought after.

Good if you have a foal by him, I dont think his foal crop this year was too big.

You get the feeling he has passed on the stamina and genuine toughness he showed when racing to his progeny. Would be a shame if we lost the likes of High Chaparral and Ekraar overseas after they are making a mark here.

Ekraar

This was my impression of Ekraar after I had watched most of his races before he came to NZ

Trusting

Gentle

Tough

Honest

Sound

Robust

Intelligent

Fast

Just as well he just got beaten in the Vase or New Zealand would not have got him and it took a champion horse to just beat him by a nose.

All the best to all the connection to Ekraar and congrats you deserve it!

Congrats also to Bryce Revell for training Extreme. Good hard-working "little" trainer and one of the best in business for breaking horses in. Does heaps of beach training with his horses too.

The owners syndicate tried many times to get me in but I had a few Ekraars (5)of my own. 2 lovely filly foals in the paddock here at present and a 2yr old gelding back in work. I love them. Sold 2 and will be going back. He's tough and I always believed he'd leave classic winners.

Thanks to Peter Jenkins and all current Stoney Bridge personnel for excellent support of breeders like me.

Congrats also to Bryce Revell for training Extreme. Good hard-working "little" trainer and one of the best in business for breaking horses in. Does heaps of beach training with his horses too.

The owners syndicate tried many times to get me in but I had a few Ekraars (5)of my own. 2 lovely filly foals in the paddock here at present and a 2yr old gelding back in work. I love them. Sold 2 and will be going back. He's tough and I always believed he'd leave classic winners.

Thanks to Peter Jenkins and all current Stoney Bridge personnel for excellent support of breeders like me.

Heather it should be the other way around. Thanks to breeders like yourself who kept coming back to Ekraar, Stoney Bridge was able to continue to shuttle the stallion back to NZ each year. Of all the stallions at SB Ekraar possessed the best temperament. He was what I would call an "old-fashioned" stallion in many ways. Remember they bred 'em tough in the old days although not so pretty.

I'm thrilled for Bryce and his connections and for the mare's current owner Alan Jackson. SB sold her for $1,000 (in foal !!) last year so you can tell from that Exstreme is not from a wonderful family, however it just got a whole lot better.

Too true Peter, the mare has a 2yo that trialled today by Mr Nancho, looks like it goes OK, 2 trials for a 2nd and a 3rd

Great to see the success of the up and coming trainers over the past week, Francis Finnegan and Bryce Revell. Both good horsemen who have the hunger to be successful, love seeing those guys get the success, interesting that they were both horses that passed in at yearling sales and were leased to syndicates who seem to be new to the industry, really encouraging for us "battlers".

Sire Record

STUD RECORD

Commenced stud duties in Italy in 2004, New Zealand in 2004

New Zealand

Year Starters Winners Wins NZ$

07/08 6 1 1 11,340

08/09 29 9 14 217,784

09/10 24 6 8 287,757

Totals 39 13 23 516,881

Australia

Year Starters Winners Wins A$

07/08 1 0 0

08/09 7 3 3 92,467

09/10 3 1 1 10,470

Totals 7 4 4 102,937

Rest of the World

Country Starters Winners Wins

Italy 96 40 91

Malaysia 2 2 4

Germany 1 1 2

Greece 1 1 1

Korea 1 1 1

Norway 1 1 1

Singapore 3 1 1

France 1 0 0

Hong Kong 2 0 0

Macau 1 0 0

U.S.A. 1 0 0

Analysis by Crop in all countries

Crop Foals Runners Winners Wins SWnrs (GWnrs) SWins (GWins)

2005 67 42 27 61 1 1

05/06 50 37 16 27 1 (1) 2 (2)

2006 65 40 15 32 0 0

06/07 46 13 5 6 0 0

2007 49 18 1 2 0 0

07/08 34 2 0 0 0 0

Totals 311 152 64 128 2 (1) 3 (2)

Analysis by Age (NZ/Aust)

Age Runners Winners Placed Wins Ave.Earnings

2YO 13 2 4 2 1,642

3YO 40 14 13 20 10,532

4YO+ 15 4 6 5 11,812

Analysis by Sex (NZ/Aust)

Gender Runners Winners Placed Wins Ave.Earnings

Colts 18 7 5 10 12,907

Fillies 26 10 8 17 14,904

EKSTREME (05f, Anziyan, St Hilarion). 5 wins from 1200m to 2100m to 2009-10, NZ$214,200, A$35,000, WRC Captain Cook S., Gr.1, Masterton RC Lowland S., Gr.3, Cambridge JC New Zealand Bloodstock Insurance 3YO S., 2d BTC Doomben Roses, Gr.3, WRC Hutt News H., 3d Manawatu RC Rich Hill Stud 3YO H.

SOLAPUR (05c, Lomitas, Beau's Eagle). 2 wins at 2100m in 2008, Bremen SWB Derby Trial, L, 4th Dresden Sachsen Preis, L.

Clapton (06g, Slavic, Bluebird). Winner at 2 in 2008-09, NZ$95,300, 3d New Zealand Two Thousand Guineas, Gr.1, 4th CJC Champagne S., L, Ashburton RC Ray Coupland S., L.

Six Star (05g, Woodman, Kings Lake). 2 wins at 1400m in 2008-09, ARC New Zealand Herald H., 2d Wellington S., Gr.3.

Magico Marco - Power Drifter (H.K.) (05g, Thatching, Caerzzzn). Winner at 2, Rome Premio Ognon, 2d Rome Premio Guido Berardelli, Gr.3, Milan Premio Figino Serenza, Premio Venegono Superiore, Rome Premio Le Marmore, HKJC Money Talks H.

Lupo Alberto (05c, Be My Guest, Spend a Buck). 3 wins-1 at 2-from 1400m to 1600m to 2008, Milan Premio Calvairate, Premio Cantu', 2d Milan Gran Premio d'Italia, L, 4th Milan Premio Emanuele Filiberto, L.

Gigino (05c, Desert Sun, Caro). 2 wins-1 at 2-at 1200m to 2008-09, Avondale JC Equine Veterinary Services 2YO H., 2d STC Shift2neutral H., 3d Matamata RC Slipper S., L.

Cody's Choice (05f, Palace Music, Twig Moss). Winner at 1200m in 2008-09, 3d Ashburton RC Ray Coupland S., L.

Oro di Siena (06c, Penmarric, Crowned Prince). 2 wins at 1200m, 1600m in 2009, Rome Premio Tenerani, Premio Surdi, 2d Rome Premio Levmoss, 3d Rome Premio Artique Royale, 4th Naples Gran Premio Citta' di Napoli, L.

Ekrajeu (06c, Montjeu, Arazi). 2 wins at 1600m in 2009, Milan Premio Roasco, Premio Agueglio, 2d Milan Premio Arluno, 3d Milan Premio Segrate, Premio Dei Giovi, Premio Caprino.

Te Toro Lass (06f, Dance Floor, War Hawk II). 2 wins at 1200m, 1400m in 2009-10, WRC Stella Artois H.

Concordia (06f, Theatrical, Whiskey Road). 2 wins-1 at 2-at 1800m, 2400m to 2009, Milan Premio Alla Novella, Premio Buguggiate, 2d Milan Premio Cividate, Rome Premio Nannoccia, 3d Rome Premio Lorenzo Camuffo.

Fluid (06c, Daylami, Alzao). 2 wins at 2200m, 2400m in 2009, Milan Premio Cavenago, Premio Concorezzo, 3d Milan Premio Zibido San Giacomo.

Caffe Espresso (05c, Celestial Storm, Zeddaan). Winner at 2, Milan Premio Kyalami, 3d Milan Premio Tubre.

Magica Dora (05f, Kris, Rusticaro). 2 wins-1 at 2-at 1600m, 2250m to 2008, Rome Premio Terreno, 2d Milan Premio Ossona, 3d Rome Premio Angela Rucellai.

Revoke (05f, Sky Classic, Native Royalty). 2 wins at 1600m, 2200m in 2008-09, Rotorua RC Piako Post H., 2d Taranaki RC Platinum Homes 3YO Fillies S.

Amirar (05f, Grosvenor, Mussorgsky). 2 wins at 1300m, 1600m in 2009-10, Waikato RC Flemington Farm H.

Windys Best (05g, Best Western, Koryo). Winner at 1200m in 2008-09, QTC Mercedes-Benz C-Class Maiden H.

Sir Martin (05c, Ahonoora, The Minstrel). Winner at 2, Milan Premio Vinago di Mornago.

Ratisbona (05f, Danehill, Sure Blade). Winner at 1800m in 2008, Rome Premio Pinacolo.

Rua (05f, Alzao, Shirley Heights). Winner at 1400m in 2008, Rome Premio zzzn de San Marco.

Pedrovic (05c, Roi Danzig, Akarad). 5 wins from 1500m to 1800m to 2009, Rome Premio Fontex, Premio Bragozzo, 2d Rome Premio Godetia, Premio Slicious, Premio Ognon, 3d Naples Premio Gargano, Rome Premio Filiberto, Premio Carlos Primero, Premio Pleben, Premio Dordone.

Saitta (05c, Manila, Miswaki). 3 wins-1 at 2-from 1400m to 2150m to 2009, Milan Premio Viggiu', Rome Premio Scire, 2d Milan Premio Leggiuno, Rome Premio Nuccio, 3d Rome Premio Sette Colli, Milan Premio Lambrugo, Premio UNAG.

Everyday is Sunday (05g, Clay Hero, Vice Regal). 2 wins at 1400m, 2000m to 2009-10, Waikato RC Espresso to Go H., 2d Matamata RC Diabetes Youth NZ H.

Poupee (05f, Pivotal, Lahib). 4 wins from 1950m to 2600m to 2009, Milan Premio Allione.

Roccamonfina (05f, Night Shift, Rousillon). 4 wins-1 at 2-from 1400m to 1600m to 2009, Milan Premio Cadrezzate, 3d Milan Premio Citta' di Noceto.

Lilian Albert (05f, Sanglamore, Dance in Time). Winner at 1900m in 2009, Rome Premio Zino, 3d Rome Premio Taipan.

Gorgona (05f, Darshaan, Sharpen Up). Winner at 1800m in 2008, Milan Premio Carimate, 3d Milan Premio Vignate.

Mar del Plata (05c, Kenmare, Try My Best). Winner at 1800m in 2008, Milan Premio Mallero, 3d Milan Premio Gianbattista Gnutti, Premio Melzo.

Furstenov (05c, Slip Anchor, Nureyev). 7 wins-1 at 2-from 1800m to 4000m to 2009,

The purchase of Cashcade by Alan Jackson earlier this year from vet John O'Brien has proved to be an inspired one. Cashcade had been bought from Stoney Bridge for a paltry $1000 last year before Ekstreme had shown her full promise. Alan Jackson was astute enough to recognise and acknowledge the ability of Ekstreme early on and made John O'Brien an offer which he could not refuse.

Cashcade is a classic example of whats happening in the world of commercial breeding right now, unless a filly or mare is ultra fashionable they are under valued. How else does one explain a price tag of $1000 a year ago ? Lets have a look into the pedigree of Cashcade.

Cashcade displayed enough speed to win a race over 1100m. She is by Anziyan a GR3 winning full brother to breed-shaping sire Danehill. Cashcade is a half sister to Blackrock College who was a terrific racefilly and one that ran 2nd in the 1000 Guineas of her year. Their dam Marscade was a winner over 1200m by the high class stayer St Hilarion (TFR 127 ) who was one of the very best racehorse sons of Sir Ivor and one of his more successful sons at stud. Marscade in turn was out of Elder Time a winning daughter of Golden Slipper winner Marscay from a solid black type producing Australian family.

Had Cashcade been by Danehill instead of Anziyan she would have been a highly prized mare and out of the league for small breeders. In this instance both John O'Brien and now Alan Jackson have reaped the rewards off the back of illogical snobbery/fashion/commercialsim.

This is what makes this business what it is and gives hope to all breeders. ;)

Kay I think the racecafe settings remove extra spaces when you post it so you can only have one space between each word making it rather difficult to post statistics on here.

What sort of money would Cashcade be worth now? Reminds me of the woman who saved a mare from the knackery, shortly after that a horse called Viewed won the Melbourne Cup and being a sister to his dam her next foal was valued at $100,000!

Thanks Hunterville - I'm sure you would be right as emails do do odd things & don't always come out as one would wish.

Stats are useful, I'm doing a little research on the progeny of Haafiz - he has had very few foals named (about 15) for several winners including black type. Will post up what I find at a later date - had a winner down here last week, Hank. Being by Green Desert out of Midway Lady - top filly of 1986 International classification 3 G1 wins & 1 G3. his pedigree is quite interesting. Anyone else know much about him? The Green Desert sires have produced very well.

I understand Ististar is in foal to Ekraar.

He must have had a good book of mares this season.

For Isti now, we're happy, Extreme beat us at Wellington on a decent track but not too bothered Isti went her usual honest race, and nice to see Ekraar's winning on drier tracks, we might not get an absolute mudder since Hint ( 4th dam) liked the drier tracks :D