RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Joe blogs

Kennel Assistant

inquiry was opened and adjourned into betting transactions placed on the TAB account of Kennel Assistant Mrs J McCook during the course of the meeting.

Stipendiary Stewards report as posted is provisional and subject to further review and amendment.

Incident Reports

I hope they go after the right person and they listen to every race to see if anyone  was trying to bring price up of the dogs 

19 hours ago, Joe blogs said:

inquiry was opened and adjourned into betting transactions placed on the TAB account of Kennel Assistant Mrs J McCook during the course of the meeting.

Stipendiary Stewards report as posted is provisional and subject to further review and amendment.

Incident Reports

I hope they go after the right person and they listen to every race to see if anyone  was trying to bring price up of the dogs 

Interesting .. can you expand a little  ?

On 5/19/2023 at 12:54 PM, Joe blogs said:

Incident Reports

Been against the rules for a long time. I see they tidied them up a bit now but essentially no licensed peopl should be gambling on any greyhound race. Also against the rules to online gamble at a meeting. Ridiculous i know but im not the person who writes these rules

4 hours ago, Rules For Some said:

Been against the rules for a long time. I see they tidied them up a bit now but essentially no licensed peopl should be gambling on any greyhound race. Also against the rules to online gamble at a meeting. Ridiculous i know but im not the person who writes these rules

Against the rules for who to online gamble at a meeting? Anybody?

53 minutes ago, Joe blogs said:

That's correct sounds like a lot of money was invested on a Kennel mate of a late scratching just seconds before the tab was notified 

Since you've tried and convicted certain people, let's just hope you're correct in what you're saying eh

6 hours ago, shelley said:

Ive seen alot of Horse owners and trainers betting ,

Havent meet very many in any code that dont.

If you stopped licensed people from gambling in NZ, turnover would decrease by a huge amount id imagine. I think greyhound racing would probably feel the effects the most. Alot of the low grade and day meetings would rely on the licensed participants to gamble.

I think the late scratching and subsequent punt on kennel mate, is the biggest issue, and that is exactly why the rules are in place to stop the ( alleged ) allegations. Let's wait for official findings after the investigation 👍

Lol hopefully hopefully we won't need to wuuurrie about this cause just another nail in coffin to get rid of them. Hopefully there will be lots of free pets around because they make great pets I'm told.

1 hour ago, Palliser said:

I think the late scratching and subsequent punt on kennel mate, is the biggest issue, and that is exactly why the rules are in place to stop the ( alleged ) allegations. Let's wait for official findings after the investigation 👍

Yes, this is in need of investigation if thats the case but again, this opens up a can of worms imo.

20 hours ago, Keneperu said:

Lol hopefully hopefully we won't need to wuuurrie about this cause just another nail in coffin to get rid of them. Hopefully there will be lots of free pets around because they make great pets I'm told.

I think you are a bit dramatic Keneperu.  The greyhounds are an important sector in the racing industry.  If we singled out erring individuals from the other codes the list would be more substantial.

I don't agree with skewing the odds but, to not allow betting by any greyhound licence holder is inciting and encouraging the impression of some darker side.  The idea to me is dumb.

On 5/25/2023 at 9:45 AM, Hi Ho Silver said:

I think you are a bit dramatic Keneperu.  The greyhounds are an important sector in the racing industry.  If we singled out erring individuals from the other codes the list would be more substantial.

I don't agree with skewing the odds but, to not allow betting by any greyhound licence holder is inciting and encouraging the impression of some darker side.  The idea to me is dumb.

I can kind of see why. Letting a trainer gamble on other dogs when you have a dog in the race or are privy to news others are not is not a huge difference to jockeys or drivers doing it

I'm not so sure about that.  Not saying they do but, jockeys and drivers congregate together and if allowed to bet could set a horse up to excel or fail.  They are the last contact with the animal and have a larger bearing on the outcome than the trainer one would have thought.

A greyhound trainer may be privvy to news but, not all news is reliable.  Once the dogs are on the track there's not much any person can do to alter the outcome of the race, is there?

As for a trainer rigging the betting with insider knowledge, is this a regular thing?  I don't know how many late scratchings per meeting there are.

As someone else said on one of these threads maybe there should be no fixed odds to avoid such betting irregularities.  Now that Entain has taken over the TAB won't that mean the opposite and fixed odds will be the go?