RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

AUCKLAND CUP DAY

Geez it's so great to see the baby's of our former stars comin through, BetterCoverLover's baby boy havin another go round, corr if he's half as good as her he'll be alot of fun for his team :D and and......GOOOOOO!!!!! The Mighty Spur for the main trot, sorry guys had to throw that in there.......

Cheers Iraklis

8 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Call me old fashioned but i thought it was a marvelous meeting. 12 races and 12 winners and everyone had  chances to enhance their P and L. Long live the All Stars, bloody great for the game IMHO.

Absolutely , and the punting was crap.

Maybe just have an equalisator meeting ?l

1 hour ago, Fartoomuch said:

Call me old fashioned but i thought it was a marvelous meeting. 12 races and 12 winners and everyone had  chances to enhance their P and L. Long live the All Stars, bloody great for the game IMHO.

Don’t want to get into another shit slinging match, but don’t beleive it is good for racing at all overall.

When the major spoils go to the one stable, then the other stables owners miss out and will eventually say to hell with it, if we can’t win any big races we won’t bother breeding horses to race or owners won’t buy at the sales!

Will be a very interesting sales series this year again won’t it?

I know I don't always with you Brodie but I agree with you in this instance. I went to my local meeting at Winton yesterday and the spoils were shared around in fact we even let the Cantabrians have a couple of wins!! The point I am making that everyone shared in the success from small time owners to bigger owners to syndicates. There was competitive racing and competitive betting and the crowd were happy. With this kind of "grass roots" racing every-one actually feels they have a chance unlike the inevitability of the big race meetings where you know you are prob only racing for a place at best. 

2 hours ago, MalcolmH said:

I know I don't always with you Brodie but I agree with you in this instance. I went to my local meeting at Winton yesterday and the spoils were shared around in fact we even let the Cantabrians have a couple of wins!! The point I am making that everyone shared in the success from small time owners to bigger owners to syndicates. There was competitive racing and competitive betting and the crowd were happy. With this kind of "grass roots" racing every-one actually feels they have a chance unlike the inevitability of the big race meetings where you know you are prob only racing for a place at best. 

Malcolm, hard to believe that you don’t always agree with me, but your perogative to disagree and not be correct!

1 hour ago, MalcolmH said:

Okay - so you've told us you don't like the big cup meetings - fine.     But you haven't told us what is the fix!       Regardless of the size of the stake, these good horses will win, and win dominantly.   The NZ, Auckland Cup, Easter Cup, Rowe Cup, Dominion etc. etc. etc. are a part of Harness history for well over 100 years, and now you want to scrap them?       I'm sorry but I am sure if this did happen, thats the last we would ever see these champions and NZ Harness  Racing would become as boring as a Dog Race with 7 "Good Time" starters!!      :(

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

Don’t want to get into another shit slinging match, but don’t beleive it is good for racing at all overall.

When the major spoils go to the one stable, then the other stables owners miss out and will eventually say to hell with it, if we can’t win any big races we won’t bother breeding horses to race or owners won’t buy at the sales!

Will be a very interesting sales series this year again won’t it?

The fact is that you always want to denigrate others who have an opinion which is different from yours.

its 2018 and those that support P and N deserve every success they get because they are paying for the best. The rest have to rise above not the best drop their standards and performance