RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
puha

All Whites

The All Whites should buy a lotto ticket, that is about as lucky as it gets.....and luck will be the only thing that gives them any chance in Wellington.

I dont think they deserve to be at the World Cup. The 1982 side deserved their spot, I am not convinced this side does, if they happen to steal a victory in Wellington.

The All Whites should buy a lotto ticket, that is about as lucky as it gets.....and luck will be the only thing that gives them any chance in Wellington.

I dont think they deserve to be at the World Cup. The 1982 side deserved their spot, I am not convinced this side does, if they happen to steal a victory in Wellington.

We will NEVER get a better chance to be in the WC! You can only beat what is put in front of you so well done to the boys

Good luck to the boys, home leg will be the winner i hope.

They still stuffed around with the ball in the opposition goal mouth a couple of times too much for me, someone just smack it!

Hopefully it's a cold, windy Wellington day for the 2nd leg. The Bahrainis won't know what hit them.

Its always cold and windy here!!! No problems there!

But that game this morning was not a great advert for soccer. I was very disappointed but glad we hung on for the draw.

We will NEVER get a better chance to be in the WC! You can only beat what is put in front of you so well done to the boys

Yeah, you are probably right, I am being a bit harsh, I was just expecting a little more up front from our three, but the whole team did tough it out, so well done. With home advantage the All Whites are a hope of making it to the WC, and good luck for Wellington!

19 of the 32 spots for the 2010 FIFA World Cup are now determined after some more overnight qulaifiers:

FULL LIST OF TEAMS AT 2010 WORLD CUP

HOSTS

South Africa

AFRICA QUALIFYING

Ghana

Ivory Coast

ASIA QUALIFYING

Australia

Japan

North Korea

South Korea

EUROPE QUALIFYING

Denmark

England

Germany

Netherlands

Serbia

Spain

Italy

SOUTH AMERICA QUALIFYING

Brazil

Paraguay

Chile

NORTH, CENTRAL AMERICA AND QUALIFYING

United States

Mexico

If NZ beat Bahrain, do they go to the Cup, or do they have another play-off against the 5th place South American nation?

The winner goes directly through, canny.

Still to be determined are:

Africa - 3 places

Asia 5th team vs Oceania 1st team - 1 place

South America - 1 place

Europe - 6 places

North/Central America - 1 place

South America 5th team vs North/Central America 4th team

Your information is great but your description of Paston is open to debate, he will be the downfall of this side, he takes bad options, doesn't defend his near post, doesn't control the defence and cant seem to read a game...he is seriously dodgy.

Gee Petone, this guy sounds useless. I'm guessing you must be a goalie or a goalie coach, otherwise I'd be saying, "What would you know". It's real easy to bag the goalie.

Seems we were very lucky that Paston happened to have a rare great game in Bahrain. Maybe he'll have another one in Wellington and then we can sack him, eh!!

he will be the downfall of this side, he takes bad options, doesn't defend his near post, doesn't control the defence and cant seem to read a game...he is seriously dodgy.

For much of this season, Petone, you could have levied most of those same criticisms against Graham Henry...

:D

Your information is great but your description of Paston is open to debate, he will be the downfall of this side, he takes bad options, doesn't defend his near post, doesn't control the defence and cant seem to read a game...he is seriously dodgy.

He is very professional in his work, and he does control a defence in my opinion...one of the most vocal keepers I played in front of....where is your opinion coming from Petone ? ?

Jezza

Petone, I support Liverpool...

Have done since boyhood - way before the 'golden era' began...

The LFC are known for eccentric goalkeepers...

It were only a few seasons back we had a nutter called David James between our sticks and before that we had the almost-certifiable Bruce Grobbelaar...

Both of that duo were quite competent ... but equally quite capable of producing the sort of error that had you deciding to discreetly bin your undies :e:...

Okay, for a long time beforehand we did have the very good Ray Clemence but, before him, we had a guy called Tommy Lawrence.

Tommy was a solid :tongue: sort of guy who used to make a habit of dashing out of his goal not to take crosses or shots on goal with his hands (boring stuff!) but rather with an in-the-air sort of hurdling action that saw (hopefully) some part of his anatomy connect with the ball and take it away from our end of the pitch...

Mark Paston can be as eccentric as he likes on November 14 ... provided he is beaten at least once less often than his Bahranian counterpart!

I had to dig this one out. In light of Paston's efforts on Saturday it must be a contender for 2009 "I Wish I'd Kept My Mouth Shut" award.

Let's hear from you now Petone.