RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ligerzero

Michael Guerin Sacked

That's if Mick was an employee. Different story if he's a contractor. Which do you think he was OML?

Department of Labour states that any person who pays someone for work done for them is classified as being an employee,contract work included,so with that definition,you would think MG would be entitled to written warning,unless unbeknown to us he has recieved these in the past concerning breach of contract.

Department of Labour states that any person who pays someone for work done for them is classified as being an employee,contract work included,so with that definition,you would think MG would be entitled to written warning,unless unbeknown to us he has recieved these in the past concerning breach of contract.

Employer,not employee.

It wont have anything to do with betting.

Popplewell got the Media award, and he is constantly going on about his bets whilst presenting live.

He was saying the other day how hard Pick 6 was, so he took a Quaddie instead.

Exactly! I heard the same comment and thought hang on, arent they.....

Double standards and more will come out from this.

.....or financially rewarding to run/own a TAB agency these days.

And their % of turnover has been eaten away in recent times , so when a valued customer who spends more on one bet than most spend in a month , asks for some extra service , of course you will bend the rules a little.

Your future may depend on it , so either way you are doomed....turn them down and they try elsewhere.

TAB overheads are obviously on the rise too.

Many TAB's don't print out full fields , others recycle their sheets with double-sided printing and it will be interesting to see how the latest decree is handled,

As well as white paper[racing], blue paper[sports] there is now the need for reams of yellow to be bought and added to overheads.

I experienced the strict rules recently in my 'local'.

I stopped in to make a bet , the race was about to jump so I gave over the bet-slip and gave my eftpos over...the young staff immediately cancelled the bet and explained to me that credit betting was forbidden.

Shortly after the Agency boss was taking bets then accepting eftpos and I mentioned that the young assistant had turned me away and she said.....We are personally responsible for the Bets and any shortages.

Another day I walked in to TAB.....Hi Tassie , how is your cat , your dog Lassie , your kids Bill and Ben,your sick grannie and did you have honey on toast for brekkie as usual.

Yes and yes , I've just come in to withdraw some funds from my TAB account.

Can I have your ID then??

Well I lost it.....then she explained that a memo from the top said ID had to be seen for every withdrawal....no "well known" or ID on file acceptable.

I took the memos writers name and made contact as to how ridiculous this rule was and he said it was "General" only, they could use discretion but were personally responsible if things went wrong.

So thats my little story.

And its getting much harder to make a transaction at the bank as well.

I've had my drivers license photocopied 5 times in the past month and have dealt with them for 25years.

Sadly I don't own enough shares in the place to walk in 'fire' the manager !!!

:D

ps....Bring back Mick !!

Yep too right! About as difficult as setting up a bank account in England!!

The TAB has no longer got any feel or soul for the punter. We deserve better here in NZ.

Guest THE CASTLE
Exactly! I heard the same comment and thought hang on, arent they.....

Double standards and more will come out from this.

Since when is a quaddie or a pick 6 a fixed odds betting option?

make sure you all watch this box seat this Thursday. To watch how boring it will become with no quirky jokes between MG and BP. Will be VERY interesting to take note of the Box Seat Ringaround this week. Might be 3 owner trainers that all have one accepted horse in for the weekend that label their only charge as a ring around horse for the week. Can imagine a number of trainers boycotting this part of their week to show support for Mic, who in the washup, has been treated unfairly.

Guest THE CASTLE
Since when would that matter? A bet is a bet is a bet.

The clause in the TAB contractors contract states no Fixed Odds bets, not no bets whatsoever.

Remember when Darryl Anderson won the Pick 6 for thatTrackside syndicate last year, that news even made the Informant. Was there any issues? No.

There is a clear distinction between pari mutiel and fixed odds betting.

The clause in the TAB contractors contract states no Fixed Odds bets, not no bets whatsoever.

Remember when Darryl Anderson won the Pick 6 for thatTrackside syndicate last year, that news even made the Informant. Was there any issues? No.

There is a clear distinction between pari mutiel and fixed odds betting.

Fair point. Bonjour.

Guest Burt Bacharach

Now that MG has been shown the door Hair Gel sales in NZ will plummet.

Lets hope sense prevails. Re-instate Mick. I'm sure he wouldn't make the same error in judgement again.

Its a difficult one because if trainers, drivers etc boycott interviews etc in protest then in a way they are only shooting themselves in the foot if it turns the punters, followers of harness racing away from the code.

David Garretts applied for the job?

Yes but he had to get a new passport to prove his eligibility to work here as they didn't realise the ink wasn't dry yet and smudged it. The short list also includes Stephen Wilce but he's waiting till after the Delhi Commonwealth Games so he can update his CV.

Any chance of Graig the Whale Been the replacement?

I wouldn't mind him been the new Alex Park Presenter.

Personally I reckon Mick will be back. He has alot of support From people in the Industry. Even people who work for the Racing Board support him.

he has his own tiupping line so how can u trust him to be honest