RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
WhoKnows

Shantahlia Knight

How can it still be allowed for this horse to still be under the Andrew Stuarts name, it has been based up north with the Abernathys for nearly 3 MONTHS yet still hasn't been officially changed? Punters actually like to know who is training the horses they are backing.

pretty sure it been back with Andrew when it raced at Malbourgh early May. A lot of horse have to stay at other trainers Stables when their campaigning out of their area. That's what horse movements are for. I don't see your problem!

36 minutes ago, dkc said:

pretty sure it been back with Andrew when it raced at Malbourgh early May. A lot of horse have to stay at other trainers Stables when their campaigning out of their area. That's what horse movements are for. I don't see your problem!

Not sure that you are right in regards to being with Andrew Stuart at Blenheim as Jay Abernathy was also at Blenheim.

It is a farce really, that a horse that is not being trained by someone can still have it under their name when they are in fact

NOT TRAINING IT'!!!!!!

Rule needs to be changed without doubt.

of course it was- the rule is simple re notifying horse movements- don't make a big deal of something that aint- and does it really make a big difference-  well done jay Andrew and all concerned. it is a matter of trainers helping each other to place the horse well- jay is a gr8 fella leave it at that. he would be taking instruction from Andrew. 

49 minutes ago, tim vince said:

of course it was- the rule is simple re notifying horse movements- don't make a big deal of something that aint- and does it really make a big difference-  well done jay Andrew and all concerned. it is a matter of trainers helping each other to place the horse well- jay is a gr8 fella leave it at that. he would be taking instruction from Andrew. 

Tim, it is certainly a big deal for the punter.

We need to know who is actually training a horse.

Why are we not able to be given the correct details?

If it no big deal then why not advise HRNZ.?

Andrew had the horse at Blenheim. I know so because I asked him. 

Everything has been done above board and no rules have been broken. 

Andrew also wanted it to be known that if there is anyone out there who still has issues that they are more than welcome to give him a ring and discuss it. 

9 hours ago, Brodie said:

Tim, it is certainly a big deal for the punter.

We need to know who is actually training a horse.

Why are we not able to be given the correct details?

If it no big deal then why not advise HRNZ.?

Brodie, do you honestly think it's practical for every trainer to gear up/work/asses every horse on their books every day or even every week?  For those with big numbers or multiple barns its not....  That's why they have staff, and use caretaker trainers when horses move around - it's not possible to attend every horse every day.  Just because someone else is putting the gear on or in the cart doesn't mean the trainer doesn't have a handle on how the horse is working or planning the work/race programme.  

Where would you propose the line gets drawn re horse or trainer movements?  There's going to be a hell of a lot of horses remaining in the SI this week without their trainers when they head up to Cambridge for the jewels....  As alluded to above significant horse movements are communicated in multiple publications.  If you doubt the information you have why punt the horse?!

2 hours ago, Jazz said:

Brodie, do you honestly think it's practical for every trainer to gear up/work/asses every horse on their books every day or even every week?  For those with big numbers or multiple barns its not....  That's why they have staff, and use caretaker trainers when horses move around - it's not possible to attend every horse every day.  Just because someone else is putting the gear on or in the cart doesn't mean the trainer doesn't have a handle on how the horse is working or planning the work/race programme.  

Where would you propose the line gets drawn re horse or trainer movements?  There's going to be a hell of a lot of horses remaining in the SI this week without their trainers when they head up to Cambridge for the jewels....  As alluded to above significant horse movements are communicated in multiple publications.  If you doubt the information you have why punt the horse?!

Jazz. What are these multiple publications?

I reiterate, the trainer to my mind is where the horse is stabled at!

As a punter, it does matter to me where the horse is being trained, whether it is in Christchurch or Dunedin on a small track or on the beach.

The trainer is a vital piece of information that should be declared correctly.

Why bother notifying the driver before a race as we might as well,chuck anyone on!

The trainer is every bit as important as the driver.

We shouldn't have to doubt,any info as the correct info should be provided.

3 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

Andrew had the horse at Blenheim. I know so because I asked him. 

Everything has been done above board and no rules have been broken. 

Andrew also wanted it to be known that if there is anyone out there who still has issues that they are more than welcome to give him a ring and discuss it. 

Not saying any rules have been broken.

All I am saying is that the punters should be informed with the correct details, that is trainer and where horse is domiciled.

Dont believe it is to much to ask.

When a horse is aid to be trained at Weedons and you find out after the race that it has been trained on the beach at Dunedin for several weeks, it is badly misrepresented.

Who knows and Brodie .this is Andrew Stuart why don't one of you two claim him and then put him in anyone's name you like! Instead of ranting on here.clearly you 2 have no idea! FYI I was in Blenheim and the only reason he went back north was for a suitable race for him there is NI grass track races for him in Auckland that he is eligible for why wouldn't I take advantage of them!

4 hours ago, stretch said:

Who knows and Brodie .this is Andrew Stuart why don't one of you two claim him and then put him in anyone's name you like! Instead of ranting on here.clearly you 2 have no idea! FYI I was in Blenheim and the only reason he went back north was for a suitable race for him there is NI grass track races for him in Auckland that he is eligible for why wouldn't I take advantage of them!

Andrew. It is nothing personal against you whatsoever, so you don't need to take it as such.

What has been discussed many times on here is that any horse should have publicised as to who is gearing up and where the horse is domiciled.

There have been heaps of examples where horses race in the previous trainers colours and yet publications don't show a new trainer.

You say you were in Blenheim but had you been training it or bad Jay?

Andrew. Why do you think it is fair that when Shantahlia Knight  races in the north then it is credited to you?

By the way you and Jay have done a great job at placing him.